Rant about Macy's coupon tricks

I ran into Macy's on BF to buy my DD a pair of mammoth crocs b/c I had a Macy's coupon from their ad for $10. off $25. purchase. I read all the fine print and Crocs wasn't on the excludes list. I hand her the coupon and she says the crocs are an everyday value item b/c they end $.98. I said there is no sign saying they are an every day value item, they are regular price. She wouldn't take the coupon and I wasn't too happy. So they knock off a penny so they can call it whatever and not accept a coupon for it. They should of just added crocs to the list of excluded items and I could of saved a lot of time and hassle. Doubt I will ever shop at Macy's again if they want to trick customers w/their coupons like that.:mad:

edv are more then just crocs they are items through out the store I think this falls under the catagory that you should know a store before you shop there. I am sure as a newbie to macy's it was shocking but I am sure macy's covered there butts and had no edvs on the coupon.

edv are more then just crocs they are items through out the store I think this falls under the catagory that you should know a store before you shop there. I am sure as a newbie to macy's it was shocking but I am sure macy's covered there butts and had no edvs on the coupon.

I'm not a newbie to Macy's, I have shopped there several times over the years. I have never seen a sign or heard of a edv and I have no doubt that many, many items are priced this way to avoid giving discounts. Not a good practice if you ask me and the coupons are used to draw people in under false pretenses.

There are a LOT of items that are considered EDV - I see it mostly in clothes, and of course on the items I would rather buy for work purposes but can never get a discount on it - I really don't want to pay 30 bucks for a cardigan and 20 for the shell underneath it.

Me personally, I have a lot of good times with Macy's coupons, combined with my Mom's Macy's card and her millions of coupons.

Everyday Value signs are all over the clothing sections, I've never tried the shoes/Crocs section since I only hit the clearance racks there and don't buy Crocs.

And a few days earlier I used a 20/50 (that I got from spending $100) on sweaters. (not edv) but on black friday, those sweaters were "morning specials" at the same 29.99 price I paid pre-coupon-- and no coupons were allowed that particular day.

Yes- Macys is a great place for discounts, just not on BF weekend

Bon Ton had the $10/10 coupon in their flyer for BF. They actually had signs on the items you could use and gave out fliers at the cash registers that listed the items they could be used on. You can imagine the list was very, very, small. Socks were about the only thing you could get for free with it. Why do they even bother? People get so frustrated with them that they have to be losing business.

Yes, they are tricky....it helps if you can find a frustrated :eek:cashier who will eventually just override it. Younkers BF $10/$10 are much worse!!! They do not work on anything!!!

I was just about to post the very same thing! I tried on their charity event where I bought a coupon book...couldn't find a darn thing in the store I could use it on...and again on BF...again, couldn't find anything I could use that one on either

I've pretty much given up on them...I agree, why even bother having these coupons if you can't use them? And I did ask several employees what I could use it on in their area and not one of them was able to point something out to me

Younkers BF $10/$10 are much worse!!! They do not work on anything!!!

Ain't that the truth!! I had 2 of those to use on BF and got lucky. I found a soda bottle science kit for 14.95 that I could use it on. Then found a 3 pack of knee high socks that ended up being 85¢ after the coupon! I kinda wished I had more coupons since I found the soda bottle things, and knew those would be great gifts.

I bought the mamouth crocs at Macys about 1 1/2 months ago, and was able to use a % off coupon. I thinks it's 15% for shoes.

It depends on the Crocs. I checked the Macy's website, and two pairs are listed as EDV (ending in .98 in the price) and two pairs weren't.

I went to Macys on Bf and could not use my coupons either. I felt sorry for the girl at the register trying to explain it to every customer who went through why the coupon would not work. (Some were not very nice and she was tryong to be polite) I asked her about it and she also wished they would either make the coupons work like Kohls coupons or just not use them.

Count me in as one person who did not buy anything at Macy's bc of the coupon rules!! I really wanted a good coffee pot and w/ 40% off plus the $10 I was really excited until I saw that deal about the morning specials. Ditto for the Remington Razor!! I was so mad went to Penneys and bought the razor even though the price was the same!

Wow I was able to use one of my $10 coupons AFTER 1pm. I bought my dh a sweater

($13.98) and Nike sweatshirt ($10.00) and only paid $13.98 + tax. I think it depends on the cashier if they will manually key it in or not. I used it and I think it was after 2pm. Can't remember exact time the day became a blur after lunch.......:)

I find better deals at both Macy's & Kohls WITHOUT coupons. You can be sure that the time period of a 'coupon sale' prices are going to be raised.

Just this Oct I purchased a pair of shoes @ 50% off for $25 & the next day o buy another color & a "coupon sale" day those shoes were $35 with the coupon. :confused:

My mom used the 10 off of 25. On 2 of the 3 things she purchased a sign was above them that said an extra 15% off if you use your Marcy's charge card. They wouldn't give my mom the lously extra 15% off (about $6.00). According to them it's double dipping. Our store was "dead" and this was before 11 am and the sales staff was so slow. Won't be going back there any time soon......

I get a headache trying to read the fine print on those coupons. I really don't even bother trying to use them. I mean with print that small and lengthy I can't believe I would get any good deal, LOL.

I have also had better luck with just their clearance sales. I have to say that they really do have great clearance sales and have found really great items at good prices.

I worked there as seasonal help least Christmas. We could not manually enter the coupon. If for any reason you changed the price of an item without a manager you were called into the office and accused of giving friends or family discounts. Needless to say I am not working there this year.

I stopped shopping at Macys when I went to buy a bed pillow and the shelf tag said Was $80 Now $19.99. And the sticker tag on the outside of the pillow bag showed the price of $80. As I looked closer at the pillow there was a printed fabric tag sewn to the pillow on the inside, it said the original price was $19.99. So I though that I had grabbed the wrong pillow, but I hadn't, all the SKU numbers were the same as the shelf tag and the sticker tag and the sewn in tag. I asked the associate about it and she didn't have an answer, I asked for a manager and they were all too busy. So I go home and email them and I never received an answer from them either. This was about 3-4 years ago and I haven't been back since.

I know it is possible that there was a mistake made with the pricing of the pillow. If I had received a straight answer, actually any answer for that matter I would most likely still shop there.