How are you cooking your Thanksgiving Turkey?

littlesdcen

I looked Honeybaked Ham up on the internet and looked up their turkey varieties. Then I clicked on a Smoked turkey breast, requested pick up for yesterday, dropped by the store, paid for it and put it in my frig. :D

Tomorrow, we will warm up both ham and turkey and enjoy!

In the car for the ederly is a slow cooked oven turkey, along with ham

stuffing, mashed tators, sweet tator, corn cassarole, green been cassarole, 5 pumpkin pies, 1 chery 2 apple, 1 peach, banana cream, chocolate marshmellow, jello pumpkin bread, crandberry bread, cool whip, butter, coffee, cranberries, I believe that is it

Our aunt and uncle always deep fry the turkey for the extended family get-together and we always take an extra one just for us (they fry it for us), so we can have plenty of left overs for us. :) Once we all had the deep fried kind, we never went back. :2letseat:

Lots of people like deep fryed, I truely do not care for it

Im not making a turkey for Thanksgiving this year as the parents are cooking, but I still do have one in the freezer for later. I roast it in the oven with butter and herbs under the skin and herbs, more butter and onion in the cavity :)

I like drier stuffing so I dont like stuffing in the bird.

I just smoked a turkey for the first time yesterday. It turned out great. You can't beat smoked turkey. Fried is a close second because it's the easiest way to keep it juicy.

We had a 10lb turkey and it took about 4 hours to cook smoking at between 220 and 240 degrees.

turkey,corn,green beans and almonds, yams in a suace,carrots in a sauce,biscuts,cranberry sauce,stuffing with sausage,mash potatos,gravy

before we eat that . snacks

sausage bread, peparoni bread, celry and cream cheese, veggie platter,pigs in blankets (kids)

dessert

apple pie( cant stand to make own ) lol

pumpkin pie(home made)

cheese cake( home made)

nut roll ( family thing must have)

cookies all kinds (home made)

brownies(home made)

my sister makes these cookie i love look like snow balls

what ever else people bring

we do everything the old fashion way. old pan . baste , fight for skin . lol so we bake it in the oven .. ummmm