Good Place to Hide stuff?

thewilfords

Just some helpful advice. At the walmart where I go to on BF (and I assume the rest do this also) even the PJs are a special item and are not out on the floor until that morning. They have special PJs, jeans, coats, toys, and even the movies are different from the ones on the floor. I personally wouldn't take the chance of missing out on the real blitz prices to go look for hidden items that would ring up the original price. I don't live in an urban area, though, and we always have tons of the clothing and toys items left over.

I am Guilty of hiding Hallmark ornaments on Christmas Eve and then going back when the store opens day after Christmas and getting them 50% off. Guess it is the same idea, but I usually hide them inside ugly shoe boxes in the Men's shoes! LOL

Might want to check the prices on items now, I went to 2 local walmart's tonight and they already have some of the items out @ BF prices. Saw the My Size Barbie for $35, I got 2 of the Thomas the Train @ Tidmond Sheds for BF $15 each, the sign over them said $25 but I scanned and rang up BF price, they had the Hannah Montana bean bags for $20, the 3 pc duffel bag set @ $19 couldn't remember what all the ad items were but these were the ones I remembered!

If the stuff is there Wed night why don't you just buy them and then get a price adjustment Friday when you go.

I when shopping last night and got almost everything I needed(no big ticket items). I'm going back Friday for a PA and hopefully I can get the portable DVD only other thing I need from there.

I work at Walmart, last year the whole week before BF I kept finding peoples stash in my department and would remove it. Then wirked BF morning and would see people come and look for there stuff only to find it wasnt there anymore. The look on their faces were priceless!

I don't see what the big deal is really, I mean I agree, there isn't much difference than price matching later. And like everyone else stated the big ticket items will not be out anyway. HOWEVER, at my local walmart I did see this past week the following out already: Pajamas, Fleece lined hoodie jackets, puffer jackets, sweatshirts, flannel pj pants. These were out in plain site, however they were marked a different price.

I have done this, I have done it when it wasn't black friday (saw a movie, game,whatever and wouldn't have the money til later) and have done this for black friday (when I am mainly price matching other store items, dvd's, board games, etc). Just like the other person stated if the person working in that area does their zoning, then it wouldn't matter. But rarely do you see them do it like they are suppose to. I don't see how it is ruining black friday for everyone, that just seems absurd. Because you still have to push and shove for any big ticket items, push and shove for a friggin cashier, regardless of how you got your merchandise.

Many times I find myself questioning BF when individuals like myself are disabled, live a good distance from a Wal-Mart, etc., we aren't considered, and what about people who work, etc. But that's just life! I get enjoyment out of checking and comparing prices and do as much on-line shopping as possible. However, would be great to shop and actually see the items (get BF price) and not fight the crowds.

That's why I rely on all of you for the GREAT info sharing! Thanks for all you do!

I don't personally care what anyone does..but it does say a lot that people that work for walmart get fired automatically no questions asked for doing the same thing (I worked there in my younger days and saw an associate get fired)...I have to go Black Friday shopping in a scooter, because my legs are too weak to make the whole store...now that is fun trying to get around the crowd in a scooter...still thats the rush of it all...the fun of black friday....

I know when I worked at Walmart (many moons ago), they made us sit through classes about this type of thing. If you stash something in any item that causes it to be out of view it was considered theft (don't know if they still follow that rule or not). Mainly because people would tag team, one person would come in and put something big (like a DVD player) into a box of something much cheaper. Then the other person would buy whatever that was at the much lower price.

Like I said, don't know if they still follow that but its something to consider.

Personally, I think it is really crummy to hide things in different departments or with different items. I don't view it as theft, but just because something is legal doesn't make it right. You are not abiding by the spirit of fair play. One of my favorite things to do on BF is to walk in the stores and scan different areas and as I see things I take them put them in my cart either to buy or return hoping the person who hid it won't get any at all! Or I've also seen a woman searching frantically for some toy once and told her I saw four of them in behind the vacumns that I bet someone was stashing. She was elated and I was happy that someone who was cheating was losing their stash!

I say that while we are shopping Friday if we find someone's stash we should simply move it!

I am always amazed at the amount of entitlement some people think they have. Why on earth is it ok for *you* to not have to play the same game every one else does. Get to the store stand in the line and deal with it.

Stop trying to ruin BF for those that are not looking to cheat all the time.

I agree. What makes the people who stash and hide stuff early any better or more deserving than anyone else?