Good Place to Hide stuff?

thewilfords

So,

I was thinking of heading into Walmart late Wednesday and "hiding" some stuff. That way I can go in, grab the big item I want (2 portable dvd players), and then grab my stashed stuff quickly, and check out. Just wondering where a good place to hide stuff would be. I feel a little weird doing it. But, if I do, I was wondering where a good place to hide the stuff would be. Like, I was thinking behind boxes of diapers (not on sale, and would someone really head there for these that morning? LOL). I'm not getting much, so it's not a huge stash, it's more for ease of getting in and out quickly. LOL. KWIM?

Most blitz items are not on the floor. However, if you want to match prices with other stores (movies, music, etc) I recommend stashing it in a furniture display.

Never thought of that you could set them up on a display TV stand and people may not even notice them just think it is part pf the display...lol I may try that.

I hid stuff today to test the theory. I want some of the cheap dvd's on BF so I hid the following dvd's - I am legend, wedding crashers, borne ultimatum, transformers. I put them behind the ugliest sheets I could find. I will go back on Wednesday to confirm.

I know the blitz items won't be out, but I was thinking like the pjs, slippers, etc. The only blitz item I want would be the portable dvd players. But, bigjim made me feel bad so I killed the idea. I was just trying to save time and energy (I'm 34 weeks preggo), but I would not want to feel like fraud (I'm a pastor's wife, very sensitive concious).

Can't you just ahhh... stand in line like everyone else... being lazy doesn't always get you the best deal. I don't think it would be fair to people you wake up early but that is just me!

it's not always about being lazy...for the items that are in-store sale, I dunno if I'd do it...but last year I hid a movie that I wanted to PM ONLY because I didn't want to fight crowds that were after other items in the same area...come to find out, later that night they removed ALL of said movie from shelves so it couldn't be PM'd...the manager who rung me up looked at it and looked at me and said he was pretty sure I got the only one in the store...

I am getting a kick out of this discussion. :gdlol: This is off topic, but had to share. Reading all the ideas, I keep thinking about when I was in High School 9 or 10 years ago. My friend and I thought we was soooooo cool because we would go to walmart on the weekend and hide the teeny boppers magazine in the toaster ovens or microwaves, so that on Monday when we got our lunch money we would go over and buy them or if either one of us could get our moms to buy them then they would be there waiting for us. We were not going to take the risk of missing out on those posters, that are now 10 years later sitting in a box somewhere around here. :sidesplit

Can't you just ahhh... stand in line like everyone else... being lazy doesn't always get you the best deal. I don't think it would be fair to people you wake up early but that is just me!

I'm not lazy by any means, and I plan to be in Walmart at 5am like everyone else. I just am 34 weeks pregnant and can not move as quickly as others. I also live in an urban area, and it is crowded, and people will not care if I am pregnant, they will push me right to the side. So, my thought was I do my best to get the 1 bigger item, the dvd player, and then I could just grab the other stuff, like the pjs/slippers I had put away already in my kids sizes, so that I don't get elbowed in my pregnant belly trying to find their sizes. It was more of an idea of keeping safe, not being lazy.

thewilfords..you dont have to defend yourself. Its not about being lazy, its about getting

the deal!! Ive been to Target, Kmart, and walmart all week getting what I can thats on the

floor now for pr. adj. on BF . If the UPC's are different. oh well. At Walmart, the blitz items are

safely stashed in back till 5am, your not taking anything from anyone. You just run the risk of

the #'s being different and missing out while others are clammering for the item. DO what you

gotta do.

I usually stash things in the ******* department(you didn't really think I would give away where I stash thing, did ya?lol). There has only been once that what I put there wasn't there when I went back, and sometimes I don't get back there for a week!

I don't think it's being lazy, I think it's being a smart shopper.

Work smarter, not harder.

I'm not lazy by any means, and I plan to be in Walmart at 5am like everyone else. I just am 34 weeks pregnant and can not move as quickly as others. I also live in an urban area, and it is crowded, and people will not care if I am pregnant, they will push me right to the side. So, my thought was I do my best to get the 1 bigger item, the dvd player, and then I could just grab the other stuff, like the pjs/slippers I had put away already in my kids sizes, so that I don't get elbowed in my pregnant belly trying to find their sizes. It was more of an idea of keeping safe, not being lazy.

If you are concerned about your safety, could your husband go to Walmart for you instead?

You are the kind of people that ruin BF.

How is that ruining BF???? Items in that paper are wrapped in the back till Fri.

I went yest. for the pink 4in1 vac. They said the pallet wouldnt be unwrapped

till fri. morning even though there were a few blue ones on the floor. Went to

another WM today..they had pink (and were priced @ $9) IF I would have hidden

a pink one till fri for example, theres 3 pallets in back for the sale. again, not taking

from anyone. But this is ruining BF?? :confused:

When they're legitimately out on the floor and priced lower ahead of time is one thing. To hide things so you can cheat your way to getting the sale is completely another. If you have to sneak, hide, worry about security cameras you're cheating the system, the store and everyone standing out in line in the cold who are waiting for those pallets to be opened at 5am. Right up there with jumping lines if you ask me.

I have done it in the past and may this year also. There is nothing major I ever want, and I don't want to get up at 5am for 1 item that costs $7 lol. I plan on stopping by at 11pm Thursday after I get off work and seeing if what I want is on the floor yet. If so I'll hide it till I am on my way to work Friday. If not no big deal. Who waits in the cold anyway. Every Walmart I know of is open 24 hours.

How could this possibly be seen as fraud?? You are buying an item at the price it is going to be offered at; you are just making sure you get one. Fraud would be hiding an item till it goes on "clearance" if you really want to define it. This is the same thing as buying the item a few days ahead of time and getting a price adjustment later.

I actually KNOW someone who did this kind of thing and literally got BANNED from Walmart FOR LIFE! Seriously, they even had his picture displayed at the front of the store for all to see. It even made the local paper. But we live in a very small area and not much happens here so, as you could imagine, that was the highlight of our news for that week!

What happened was the dummy was going around stashing items here and there and as he was doing that, he was being followed around by the security guy! These weren't even big ticket items he was hiding...we're talking DVDs and even some items that weren't going to be on sale on BF! lol!:D

Part of the thrill of BF is milling about with everyone else, I've met some interesting people standing in line at WM at 4:30 in the morning! Getting the deal (or at least trying in some cases) and just having a good time. If we all hid things, that would take most of the fun out of it! :) There's no better way to kick off the holiday season!

Hail Black Friday! :holiday16

I think I may have actually taken someones "stash" before. I can't quite remember what it was, either a dvd or game. But I found it hidden behind some other part of the same section. But you can tell they were trying to bury it so nobody would find it...guess I was just a little to crafty for them and found what they were hiding. I've never done this btw, but wouldn't it make sense to hide the item in a DIFFERENT section of the store...I don't know, but I got what I was looking for that day and hopefully the store had more of what that person was trying to hide.

I am always amazed at the amount of entitlement some people think they have. Why on earth is it ok for *you* to not have to play the same game every one else does. Get to the store stand in the line and deal with it.

Stop trying to ruin BF for those that are not looking to cheat all the time.

I wish I could hide stuff but since I work for W-M I could get fired for understocking. For customers, I don't see a problem with it. If the associates on the floor were doing their job "zoning" at night the items would be found. So to all of you out there planning on hiding stuff: Go for it!!! I don't blame you for not wanting to fight the crowds. People get crazy on Black Friday.

I've done black friday pregnant TWICE. The first time I was 37 weeks pregnant and the second time I was 34, so quit using that as an excuse. I made friends with people that I was in line with and when the push started to get in the doors when they opened, those people stood their ground and helped keep others from pushing me around. There are nice people out there, and if they know you're pregnant, they will actually help you get the things you want.

You guys are so silly...

Buy what you want now, go in early on Friday and have the items price adjusted. No getting banned, no going to jail. Here is walmart's official policy:

Price adjusting policy

• Price adjustments will be given on prior Wal-Mart purchases within 7 days of purchase with a valid Wal-Mart receipt.

• The Customer is required to provide the original receipt to receive the adjustment.

• Price adjustments are not given for merchandise that is on clearance.

• Price adjustments are not given for merchandise that goes on sale at another retailer.

• Associates are not eligible to receive price adjustments.

I've never had a problem with finding the items I want to PM from other stores so I've never had to try to hide them and I've always gotten everything on my list but even the clothes for BF are stashed away in the back. But I don't see anything wrong with it and I don't see the reason for rudeness towards those that do. I go stand in line by 12am friday morning and wait and I've done it preggo 3 times and have my preggo recruits with me lol but I'm also a fighter and refuse to get pushed around but there are some nice people in line willing to have your back so to speak.