Office Depot Black Friday Ad

Brad

That 229 computer a good deal?

I think it's a good deal.

I would get 2gb more of memory for it.

The only thing I don't like is I'm guessing that the DVD burner is vertical?

Check this out it's not the same one but the same family.

http://reviews.cnet.com/desktops/acer-aspire-x1200-u1520a/4505-3118_7-33229227.html

Edited by crazypurgatory

I found the fine print on OD's website for the 22 inch monitor apparently its a TV monitor (from what I understand without a tuner just the monitor) but also can work as a computer monitor so my question is has anyone tried one of these before as a computer monitor and is it at all complicated to set up? I'm going back and forth on whether I want it now before I dont want to get it and it not work as a computer monitor.

I found the fine print on OD's website for the 22 inch monitor apparently its a TV monitor (from what I understand without a tuner just the monitor) but also can work as a computer monitor so my question is has anyone tried one of these before as a computer monitor and is it at all complicated to set up? I'm going back and forth on whether I want it now before I dont want to get it and it not work as a computer monitor.

Most LCD televisions have either a VGA or DVI connection to allow them to hook up to a computer.

However, the resolution on TVs is so lousy you won't enjoy it -- icons and print size will be about 1/3 larger and appear "fuzzy" due to lack of pixels.

Think about it this way, a 22" computer monitor has a resolution of 1680 x 1050. But a 22" LCD tv has a resolution of 1366 x 768.

Most LCD televisions have either a VGA or DVI connection to allow them to hook up to a computer.

However, the resolution on TVs is so lousy you won't enjoy it -- icons and print size will be about 1/3 larger and appear "fuzzy" due to lack of pixels.

Think about it this way, a 22" computer monitor has a resolution of 1680 x 1050. But a 22" LCD tv has a resolution of 1366 x 768.

Ok I take that back it is a computer monitor it was just phrased confusingly lol. and yes it has the 1680x1050 resolution

does anyone know how early people usually line up at Office Depot and do they have a ticket system?

I went to a staples last year for BF and got there at 3:30am. My friend and I were the 4th and 5th people in line. Our area is pretty populous (e.g. the BB had a line to the corner of the building by dinner time Thanksgiving night). I can't imagine that OD would be much different than staples...

No idea about if they have a ticket system or not, it may depend on the store.

I went to a staples last year for BF and got there at 3:30am. My friend and I were the 4th and 5th people in line. Our area is pretty populous (e.g. the BB had a line to the corner of the building by dinner time Thanksgiving night). I can't imagine that OD would be much different than staples...

No idea about if they have a ticket system or not, it may depend on the store.

Yeah, I lived in a pretty popular area....OD had a line of 2 people 2 years ago.

Do you guys know for sure that the $350 laptop is with a mail-in-rebate. Or are yu just saying that is how Office Depot 'usually' does things? I am interested in this laptop but I am not messing with any rebates

It is with a 200 instant and 50 mail in rebate. Here is the link to their site sale ad. The ad is available on their web site now.

Does anyone know about the memory for sale? I think it is the right kind for me, but I am not sure if it is for a desktop or laptop? Or maybe both types are on sale? I don't know much about memory, but the numbers match up to what I need....

I actually know what I need, but I am still not sure what office depot is offerring for sale becauase the ad scan is so poor. Does anyone know if it is the DIMM or SODIMM memory for sale?

Looks like a DIMM and SODIMM....but it really is not that great of a price. It's good (crucial's price), but not worth camping out for. I think Best Buy actuallyhas a batter deal....that said...Microcenter has a better deal (11.99).

Why is the BB deal better? They are both the same price, $34.99.

I went to Office Depot last year for a computer bundle. They did tickets for that and they were doing tickets for a few other items... I think a TV was one of the item. You could try calling.

I think I'm going to try getting there at about 3:30 or 4 am and if i can still get it then fantastic and if not Kohl's will be open by then i'll just go there.

Does anyone know how the Office Depot HP Notebook for $349.99 compares with the Toshiba at Best Buy for $379.99?

That's what I am wondering. There is just no way I can line up for a ticket at BB today, if I can get to OD at 4:00am and get that computer -that's what I will do - it looks comparable to me, but I'm not an expert.