Meijer Black Friday Ad Posted

Brad

So I wanted to get that Barbie Jet for my DD on thanksgiving. Any idea how they work those types of items?

I've been going to Meijer on TG and BF for several years now and all of their doorbusters minus electronics of course, have been on pallets through the store, no tickets, no lines. Just the luck of the draw, however they do seem to have a decent stock of the doorbuster items, at least at the ones I visit. Good luck and hope this helps.

how do they do electronics? never been after anything like that there before but this year they have a dvd player i'd like to have...

IME,the electronics dept. is a nightmare! You know how it is always located at the furthest end of the store? Back in its own corner?

It's nearly impossible to get a cart back there and the lines to even get in the dept. are looooong.Now,that's BF I'm talking about.Thanksgiving Day and Black Saturday are no problem if you get there early.As far as the DVD player goes,in the past,they have those stacked on pallets in the middle of the aisle before you get to the electronics dept (sometimes they are even in the middle of the aisles closer by the groceries).My advice is to park your cart farther away then walk to the area (like toys or electronics) and snag your prize.If you have a shopping buddy,it's even better.I've done all 3 days of Meijer's sales for years and those are the best tips I can think of right now.Oh,and even though the sale says it starts at "x"o'clock,you really can't get there early enough on BF!We got there one morning at 3:30 and it was already packed!Got everything I went for but the lines were crazy...checkout took like 45 minutes.

(one last thing:if you don't get your DVD player on BF,check a different store on BS-you'd be surprised how one store sells out of one thing,but the others don't!)

Good luck!

Trees are in the seasonal section. Other items are on pallets down the main aisles. Certain items will only be brought to the floor when the sale officially starts.

I say go early, get as much shopping out of the way as possible and be in a checkout line at 5am unless you need to get one of the doorbusters that won't be on the floor until then. That's likely what I'll be doing seeing how (for once) I don't need to be in line at BB!

I'm heading to Meijer at 4:30 tomorrow morning :D

My sil wants the 32" tv and I'm getting that Leapster for DD4 no matter who I hafta kill (lol...j/k).

I can't wait!I've already made my coffee and will just heat it up in the morning and I'm on my way.Thanksgiving Day shopping at Meijer has always been very tame but you just never know anymore.I'm not taking any chances,iow!

I went to Meijer this morning at 4:30, bought all my stuff & was back home by 5:30. The line for electronics was about 1/4 the length it was last year. I'm not sure if that is because of the deals or the economy but I thought it was interesting.

Our meijers was fairly packed. Line for the 50% off video games was from toys out to pets and back around to the back aisle of toys then again our Meijers didnt have the quantity listed of teh games so they were letting you sub in any game priced 29.99-59.99 Got some deals on games that werent on sale anywhere!

Ran into a friend that was way back in line at Meijers in CVS(our next stop) she said that about 3 people behind her the manager said no more picking any game. Glad we got in when we could!

My sil ended up not going to get the 32" tv so I didn't get to Meijer until 5:15.Good thing I wasn't going for the tv or video games :( the line was too long for me to wait in.

I got everything I wanted and more though! I bought 6 of the airsoft gun sets they had ($14.99 reg. $39.99) and 15 containers of the 6mm"bb's" ($1.99 reg. $5.49) for my son and nephews.Got the Leapster for my little girl...she's gonna freak! Got the NICE NCAA hoodies half-off (4 of those @ $9.99) and other things that caught my eye.

I was really wondering if the economy was going to make it easier or harder to shop this year.On one hand,people have less money to spend; on the other,with less money,folks need to watch their pennies and shop the deals.I think it's going to be a strong BF sales weekend (at least here) if Meijer was any indication. JMO

The deals were definitely there today for those who wanted to wait in line,so take heart BF shoppers and good luck to everybody tomorrow!

I went to Meijer this morning...wanted to see what video games were 50% off....I went back to the electronic section and they had orderly lines (one for the Wii, one for Rock Band, one for video games, etc), EXCEPT that NOBODY could tell me what line to get in!!!!! I had 3 employees (including one manager) tell me which particular line to get in, and when I got there I asked the people ahead of me what line it was....long story short, I NEVER found out what line it was!

I waited for the sale to start so I could maybe see which line to head for....they were allowing one person from each line to come up to the counter and make their selection...it was taking FOREVER and nobody who wasn't in line could be in the area, so I never could tell what line I wanted to be in or what they had....left there and went to Kmart....didn't fair any better there...

oh well, here's hoping tomorrow is better!

I got everything on my list this morning at Meijers and was back home by 6am since the prices were loaded by 5:30 at my store. Headed back there in the morning for the 7" digital frame, wondering where they will be in the store. I'll probably show up around 2 or 3. And for some reason I was thinking the indoor furniture is on sale Friday, but it's actually Saturday, so I guess I'll be going back then!