what clothing brand do you buy for your kids?

nelly

Until around age five I usually buy stuff at Walmart or garage sales. I do like stuff at Children's Place. Sometimes Sears or JCPenny. My kids just outgrow them so fast that it is silly to spend too much money, plus they are too young to care about the label. Now that my oldest is 5 he is wearing his jeans out and getting holes in the knees. I am starting to buy his clothes from either Shopko or Sears with the KidVantage program. Because they will replace with the same size and style if they wear out. Usually Sears because my kids need slims and Sears has a pretty good selection of those. As they enter the ages where they care about the labels we will probably start shopping for some pieces out of trendier stores.

Macy's on sale---I've picked up homecoming/prom/cotillion dresses for $15 to $30--Jessica McClintock, etc. American Eagle (on sale) the jeans fit and last forever.

When DD was younger, Gymboree, on sale. Those clothes were babyproof. I think some of them are still being worn by friends and family--and DD is 14!

I had a chuckle on that one. Good to know your experience w/ Gymboree :)

It depends on the age of the kids. When my kids were small, I bought stuff for dirt cheap on clearance at Target, so I didn't really care about the quality since it was so inexpensive.

Now that they are teens, I shop for them alot at places that sell name brands for less .. like TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Rugged Warehouse and even resale places like Plato's Closet. I refuse to spend alot of money on clothes for fashion fickle teens!

Yeah, my kids are not in the teen years yet. They are only 8, 6, 3, and 3 so I have a ways to go before they get really picky. I really, then, should think more like you did when your kids younger.

I have never went wrong with Gap espically jeans. DS5 has been in gap jeans since birth and I have never had a problem with them. They always last. I have tried others and I have never been happy. I do wish they were cheaper but they have alot of B1G1-50% off sales. I also like their play sets. I hate when clothes get "twisted" when you wash them and gap has never done that for me.

My friend gets a lot of her clothes for her kids at Gap too. It is "extremely" rare for me to step foot in that store. Maybe I should consider more trips there.

Until around age five I usually buy stuff at Walmart or garage sales. I do like stuff at Children's Place. Sometimes Sears or JCPenny. My kids just outgrow them so fast that it is silly to spend too much money, plus they are too young to care about the label. Now that my oldest is 5 he is wearing his jeans out and getting holes in the knees. I am starting to buy his clothes from either Shopko or Sears with the KidVantage program. Because they will replace with the same size and style if they wear out. Usually Sears because my kids need slims and Sears has a pretty good selection of those. As they enter the ages where they care about the labels we will probably start shopping for some pieces out of trendier stores.

Your right about the slim sizes at Sears and since my dd (8) is so petite, I should probably go there more often for the jeans.

Gymboree for dd, it's expensive but I always always buy on sale/or w/coupon & I love the fact that you can mix & match everything from each line..I try not to buy things that only go w/one thing!! & the biggest bonus their resale value gets almost all your money back!:D

For the boys some Children's place I love their jeans, they are the only ones that really fit right... They wear alot of sports stuff so I usually hit up Kohls for that!! I'de put them in Gymbo too..but they hate it..Too babyish:tongue1: I'm gonna check out crazy 8 here soon we just got one, that may be more their style......

I loved the Garanimals clothes when my boys were much smaller...especially with twins, I would load up on all the outfits that would be interchangable and have even more outfits than I planned on cause they would all work

I think Walmart still carries this line

I buy from Children's Place and Old Navy. I buy for next season during the close out times. It saves a lot of money.

this is what i do, i also supliment with target or kohls sometimes.

but the buying ahead saves me.... i've got all of her clothes for next summer and some for next winter already. almost all at least 75 % off.

love gymboree, but i have a hard time justifying the price.

I have Coogi, Rocawear, Baby Phat, Apple Bottoms . Most of these are purchased at Macys when they have additional off there clearance price and then I just buy for the entire year. Even down to her pajamas. I recently went in Macy's and got 15-20 Rocawear, Apple Bottoms, and Baby Phat Outfits for her for $100. They were all priced at $2 -10 each. Great Deal For Me Considering they are usually $50-$60 per set. I also shop Target, Babies R Us, Marshalls, T J Maxx and Burlington

For my DS7, I normally dress him in Quiksilver, Billabong and Element. All his Ts/Jackets/Hoodies are bought at Macy's on sale or Ross or Marshalls. I find that the clothes last a long time (at least 2 seasons) and keep well for my DS1, who is wearing some of his brother's old clothes. As far as pants, Levi, Gap or Gymboree. Love the adjustable waistbands. That is for his school clothes. All his play clothes are from Kohls or Walmart.

When is comes to DD5, I have a harder time buying for her. I normally buy her school clothes at Kohls, Gymboree (I have an outlet around me) or Childrens Place. My daughter is in Kindergarten, but wears a size 7, so it is hard finding clothes that fit her age, KWIM? I want my little girl to be a little girl for as long as possible, but it is hard when all the clothes are HSM or Hannah Montana. Most of her play clothes are WalMart or Kohls.

As for my little one, he is mostly Carters with some Baby Gap thrown in there. But like I mentioned above, I have a lot left over from my older son.

I am not familiar w/Justice but that's ok LOL!! My dd just turned 8 and is not aware of fancy/expensive stores yet. But I hadn't thought that I should buy the basics at more reasonable priced places like Target and leave some items for the more expensive stores.

yup! I buy the solid color turtle necks, long sleeve t-shirts and short sleeved shirts mainly from Target and then i can buy he more dressier clothes from Justice, Gap, Kohls and Gymboree. my DS's are fairly young still so i buy their things from walmart or target, although if i see something on sale really cheap at Gap or Gymboree, i will pick it up.

Most of my girls closet right now are Gymboree & and some Gap. I only buy Gap when they have a realy good sale when you can stack discounts,they are a bit pricey for me otherwise. I get great deals at Gymbo. I never buy full price and always buy onsale and with coupons. Plus after they are outgrown I resell them and get most of my money back(for more clothes!) I do buy Walmart and Target from time to time but they seem to show too much washwear after the first wash so that does not realy help you spend less when you need to buy new stuff because they look too worn. I know alot of people think Gymbo is too expensive but it's not if you shop the deals. I pay less per outfit than one at Target most of the time. I just paid $12.58 for an outfit and can porbally resell it after for $10...so $2.58 for it when all is said and done!!

I do like Kolhs also for play clothes

this is what i do, i also supliment with target or kohls sometimes.

but the buying ahead saves me.... i've got all of her clothes for next summer and some for next winter already. almost all at least 75 % off.

love gymboree, but i have a hard time justifying the price.

I wish I could buy ahead but mine just grow so fast I never know if I should buy one size larger or two sizes larger to get something at the appropriate season.

All of my kids have worn Gymboree. My DS18, my DD15, and now my DS4. He wears pretty much everything Gymboree. I love the quality , the sale prices, and definately the gymbucks. I used to love the cuffs on the bottom of the pants that my DS18 use to wear. They were the best. I think all of their school pics growing up they had on Gymboree, and today I got my DS4 pictures in, and yes he's in Gymboree-lol...

We are a Gap family. Their snowsuits, snowpants, winter boots, hats....and everything else. I have only been disappointed once, with a pair of winter boots DD9 had...they didn't hold up. DS5 loves the pants because they don't have snaps and he can do them up at school himself.:D

I buy mostly Gap and Gymboree, the girls just discovered Justice and they really like it.

Gymboree can really be affordable, you need to know how to work the sales. For example, for black friday they usually have 30% off evrything, plus there is a 20% coupon in Parenting magazine that you can use at the same time. If you buy items that are markdown already, it makes it pretty cheap.

Gap lets you stack coupons online so you can get great deals that way.

I like to buy brand names for my kids (and then I resell on ebay when they are done) but I don't ever pay full price.

Most of my DD's clothes come from The Children's Place. I also buy at Target. I just found out that a Gymboree outlet store opened up in my favorite outlet mall so I will look there. I'm too cheap to shop at the regular Gymboree store.

I've also bought her things from Mervyn's but they are going out of business. However, since that is the case, I plan on seeing if they have worthwhile items and if so, I will stock up.

Thank you all for your replies/comments/advise. I have really learned some things and has made me think of some things I hadn't thought about before. Now, I can't wait to get back to the U.S. to get me some great deals! :D

I get some of my daughters play/around the house clothes from target. But I'm a Gymboree mom all the way. I Always get everything on sale and take advantage of gymbucks. The quality is wonderful and they have so many pieces/Lines that you can mix and match. My dd is 19 months old 31 pounds and 35 inches nothing ever seems to fit her, the leggings at gymboree (usually priced between 9-14.50) fit her great and are so comfortable I usually by a bunch of solid pair and then buy the shirts from different lines to match when they go on sale. to me it's worth paying a little extra for quality.

I have trouble buying for my sons. I always thought boys were simple, boy was I wrong. Gap jeans fit my tall skinny son better (yes there is a difference between Gap and Old Navy jeans even though they are sister companies). Macy's has the WORST selection for boys clothes. I get a few items from Old Navy (always ON white socks). Abercrombie Kids for shirts/long sleeve Tees. Does anyone know anything about Crazy 8?

I forgot about Gap. When my kids were young, I always went there...at least weekly. Their clearance for kids was awesome! I once found my dd a winter coat for $4. Once my kids grew out of the kids sizes, it was harder to find stuff and it seemed that they didn't clearance adult sizes as well as they did kid ones.

I miss Gap clearance!

I buy more of the expensive brand for my older DS10, ON,Polo,GAP etc as they hold up for other DS7,5...I learned quick that walmart and Kmart jeans never made ot more than a few months and started buying the more expensive pants....I also buy items off season and will sometimes if the price is right buy multiple sizes of the same item and I leave the tags on until it fits or can't be worn then resell on Ebay...I also refuse to pay full price. As for DD17, she is an AE and Zumiez,Tillys etc exclusive...I have finally taught her the clearance rack, coupon tricks soo she is getting there...lol

I usually buy DD3.5's clothes from Old Navy, Gap, Children's Place, Target, and H&M. Very basic things (like solid-color tshirts/long sleeved shirts, solid color knit pants/leggings etc) I sometimes pick up at Walmart - they tend to have these things cheaper than Target unless Target's having a sale on them. DD is also very tall and skinny - wearing size 5 pants at 3.5 years old - and I buy them at Target as they carry slim sizes and have held up extremely well. I only shop sale stuff at Gap and Old Navy. H&M always has very cute (and very trendy) clothing for very reasonable prices. As for winter coats and stuff, I had really good luck at Dick's Sporting Goods this year and got her a lot of Columbia outerwear (fleece jackets, winter/snow coats, pants, etc) for really cheap on their clearance racks. Also there's a really nice upscale kid's resale shop in the town I work in (a ritzy, hoity-toity town)....I shop there a lot. Got her a beautiful tan Gap corduroy coat with sherpa lining that looked like it had never been worn for $10.

For DS11 I shop mostly at Macys and Kohl's he likes Tony Hawk clothes the best. For DS5 I shop at Target, Kohl's, Macy's,and The Childrens Place. For DD17 months I buy her clothes from Target, Babies R Us, Kohl's and Macy's. My favorite brands for her are Carter's and pedipeds, I love those shoes!!!