Best deals in the Sears Black Friday ad?

Brad

I want to know if that 599.00 is for both the w/d? Is that going to be the final in store price I would pay or is there some other catch? Also does anyone know if the online store pickup option will work on bf at sears?

Yes it is for both. The clue is the giant OVER 50% off. As far as extras:

• Sales Tax
  • Delivery (unless you have a big vehicle and take it with you)
  • Gas Dryer is extra (usually $50 - $75)
  • Electric cord (for electric dryer) or Gas line (for gas dryer)
  • Pedestals (figure about $200 EACH)

Yes it is for both. The clue is the giant OVER 50% off. As far as extras:

• Sales Tax
  • Delivery (unless you have a big vehicle and take it with you)
  • Gas Dryer is extra (usually $50 - $75)
  • Electric cord (for electric dryer) or Gas line (for gas dryer)
  • Pedestals (figure about $200 EACH)

one other thing...the extended warrenties. i looked on sears online and they are quite a bit. wondering if they are really worth it. and sears has 2 different pedestals, $99 each for 12 in and $199 each for 15 in.

one other thing...the extended warrenties. i looked on sears online and they are quite a bit. wondering if they are really worth it. and sears has 2 different pedestals, $99 each for 12 in and $199 each for 15 in.

IMHO, yes they are worth it for a costly appliance. I have the large "canyon capacity" top loading washer from Sears and it kept acting up a couple of months ago. It was only a year old. It cost over $200 to repair it and don't you know I didn't take out the extended warranty?! I was so mad - argghh! :mad:

I have NEVER bought an extended warranty. I would only consider it if they cut the price significantly. There is a reason that these are pushed so heavily - the markup is astronomical. If you are the type that does not mind purchasing an extended warranty try to negotiate the price. Get them to come down - a lot.

I'm new to the whole BF thing. Last year was my first year. Does Sears typically offer these same items online? I'm looking at the w/d combo. I'm more than willing to stand in line for these because we definitely need them. Just wondering!!

I'm new to the whole BF thing. Last year was my first year. Does Sears typically offer these same items online? I'm looking at the w/d combo. I'm more than willing to stand in line for these because we definitely need them. Just wondering!!

Doorbusters are usually in-store only. Regular sale items are usually available online. I'd check with Sears when it gets closer to BF. ;)

I have NEVER bought an extended warranty. I would only consider it if they cut the price significantly. There is a reason that these are pushed so heavily - the markup is astronomical. If you are the type that does not mind purchasing an extended warranty try to negotiate the price. Get them to come down - a lot.

IMHO, yes they are worth it for a costly appliance. I have the large "canyon capacity" top loading washer from Sears and it kept acting up a couple of months ago. It was only a year old. It cost over $200 to repair it and don't you know I didn't take out the extended warranty?! I was so mad - argghh! :mad:

i am going to skip the warrenties and take my chances. But only because I can barely afford the set for the sale price much less adding another $400-$600 to the price. Hopefully this does not come back to bite me in butt in the long run.

I just about fell over when I saw that price on the w/d!! Holy smokes. Although not the same brand, we paid $599 for a front load the washer this spring. Got what we thought was quite a deal because the price we saw online was $100 less than in-store and they matched it. By the time we got home, the online price went up $100. Just a word of caution, the ad mentions the pedastal is sold seperately. Those buggers are pricey. We were going to try and do without, but I felt like I would have been doing my laundry on my knees. Without the pedastal, they sit very close to the ground.

Just use a wooden pallet.

Sears by far has some incredible deals. The Kitchenaid mixer is a STEAL at that price; and the washer/dryer set -- you'd be a fool not to buy it if you REALLY needed one.

Chances are (99%) that Sears will not have the washer/dryer in the store. This is OK because they normally don't have many of their appliances in-store. They all are shipped from central warehouses. Expect it to take about 3 days to get to you.

Someone asked if there were any "hidden charges". Well they aren't hidden, but they are options. Home delivery will run you probably around $75 or so if you want that. The one option I'd SERIOUSLY suggest you look into is a Master Protection Agreement. Now I know what you are going to say "extended warranties are a gyp" and I'd agree, except with Sears. Sears has a damn good warranty and they can pay for themselves in one or two visits. They will come out each year (you have to call) to do a maintenace inspection on the item. Cosmetic damages are covered for the first two years. They are, in my opinion, worth every dime. BTW, they are priced based on the selling price of the item. So I'd expect a 2-year MPA on the washer/dryer to run about $150 probably.

The KitchenAid mixer is a stock item, but I will be curious how they handle some of the onslaught (Sears is playing this up big time, they even released a press release saying "If you think the LEAKED ads are good, just wait until you come into the store" (essentially)). I'm hoping they will allow orders from the warehouse if/when they run out of stock in-store.

Someone asked if there were any "hidden charges". Well they aren't hidden, but they are options. Home delivery will run you probably around $75 or so if you want that. The one option I'd SERIOUSLY suggest you look into is a Master Protection Agreement. Now I know what you are going to say "extended warranties are a gyp" and I'd agree, except with Sears. Sears has a damn good warranty and they can pay for themselves in one or two visits. They will come out each year (you have to call) to do a maintenace inspection on the item. Cosmetic damages are covered for the first two years. They are, in my opinion, worth every dime. BTW, they are priced based on the selling price of the item. So I'd expect a 2-year MPA on the washer/dryer to run about $150 probably.

Are you a salesperson or something? Most people buy these items on credit cards. Please check your credit card to see if it adds an extra year to the manufacturers warranty on purchases - many do. Here is a Consumers Reports free article from 2006 (and updated for last year's holiday season) on extended warranties:

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/money/news/november-2006/why-you-dont-need-an-extended-warranty-11-06/overview/extended-warranty-11-06.htm

I'm wondering about the washer and dryer set. They are only 3.5 and 5.8 cu ft. Isn't that pretty small? I couldn't find the size of my own set, sure don't want anything smaller. I noticed they have another set that is bigger and the price is much higher too. Just warning everyone about the sizes.

Are you a salesperson or something? Most people buy these items on credit cards. Please check your credit card to see if it adds an extra year to the manufacturers warranty on purchases - many do. Here is a Consumers Reports free article from 2006 (and updated for last year's holiday season) on extended warranties:

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/money/news/november-2006/why-you-dont-need-an-extended-warranty-11-06/overview/extended-warranty-11-06.htm

I called Sears to fix my washer a couple of years ago (right after the manuf. warranty expired of course) and they charged me $120 to replace a $13 part and where they come from is about 5 minutes from my house (if you hit every red light). You're stuck! Can you live with 3 kids without a washing machine? Not for very long. Do you spend $120 or buy a new washer? Spend the $120. I have since found a wonderful local repair company that charges $45 to come out and doesn't charge any additional trip charges...

With the regular warranties it usually covers parts but not labor. When you buy the extended warranty you're completely covered and have no cost.

I think you have to pick and chose what you buy an extended warranty for. I have got them for some things and never used them. I bought a 3 year one for a cheap vacuum years ago (that never last a year in my house) and Best Buy had to give me a new vacuum 3 or 4 times. I think now they have some stipulation that they only replace something once. But that warranty was definitely worth it!

My camera broke and Best Buy gave me a new one. My furniture set got a stain that they couldn't remove (or maybe it was a hole in it or something?) and I got an entire new living room set from American TV.

I got one for my camcorder and never had to use it. When we bought a TV from Sams this summer (not very big or expensive) we decided it was worth the $100 to have a couple of years of protection and just considered it as part of the cost when we were looking to buy a TV.

Chances are (99%) that Sears will not have the washer/dryer in the store. This is OK because they normally don't have many of their appliances in-store. They all are shipped from central warehouses. Expect it to take about 3 days to get to you.

So with this in mind, do I need to be there right when the doors open to get the w/d deal? Will they only ship out so many to each store? Enquiring minds want to know!!!

I'm wondering about the washer and dryer set. They are only 3.5 and 5.8 cu ft. Isn't that pretty small? I couldn't find the size of my own set, sure don't want anything smaller. I noticed they have another set that is bigger and the price is much higher too. Just warning everyone about the sizes.

I found on the Maytag website -

a compact washer that's 2.4 cu ft

a supersize capacity that's 3.2 cu ft and a supersize that's 3.5

they also have a 4.0 cu ft that's called a supersize plus capacity (that are very expensive)

so I would think it's at least a normal size washer and not a small one

I have a "oversize capacity" that fits my quilts but I cannot find how many cu ft it is...

I noticed some one posted the Sears PM Policy. If you read it carefully it does have a Black Friday Clause.

Exclusions

Sears will not price match competitors' items that are limited in quantity, offered for sale for less than six hours during a day, or offered for sale during the day after Thanksgiving. Sears will not price match competitors´ bonus or free offers, special offers, bundled offers, rebates, financing offers, coupons, clearance or closeout prices, or prices on used, damaged, returned, open box or display merchandise. Sears will not price match services. Sears will not match typographical errors or competitors' prices that result from a price match. Photo copies of advertisements or receipts will not be accepted as verification of competitor pricing.

Thank you for posting this. I will print a copy if needed when I see the rest of the ads just in case. I did some price matching a few years ago with the PSP and it worked fine.