Black Friday vs. Lowest Prices of the Season sale...

mm54321

right now they have the Lowest Prices of the Season (LPOTS) sale going on at Kohl's until Saturday I believe. I'm torn as to whether I should wait it out until BF to purchase some of the toys. FP toys are right now 45% off and I want to buy some of the Imaginext dinos for my little guy. However, if BF sale prices on toys will be better, I'll definitely wait.

so here's my question - does anyone know how the toy prices compare between LPOTS and BF????

THANKS!

What my rule is, if a toy is 50% off I go ahead and buy it. And with FP toys, their stuff isn't that expensive. So if it's a couple dollars lower on BF then I feel like I didn't miss much and didn't have a mad rush to get a certain toy when I paid only a few dollars more a month ago. HTH!

If they were available online I would say now would be the best time, especially if you use the Kohls card.

I agree with Meliesmom and would go get them now while they are in stock. If KB does a good deal on FP toys you might need to make a return, but if it is a must have toy I would get it.

Black Friday pricing will likely be lower thatn lowest prices of the season. The legality here is the definition of the "season". Seasons can be any defined time period. Although we don't get to see it, they have the seasons defined by dates. I would guess that black friday will fall into the next "season" which would allow for lower prices that advertised now, but won't get them into any leagal trouble.

I worked at Kohl's a few years ago. I saw people standing in line for an hour to buy things that had been that same price or cheaper in the weeks before (and after). Other than a couple doorbusters, most things at Kohls will be circling the same price for the next couple months.

45% is pretty good. It might got as low as 55%. Save your receipt and return it (price adjust it) if you find it cheaper. Last I checked, they don't have a time limit on returns. But get it now! Kohl's loads up on toys for the holidays, but when they're gone - they're gone!

Guest RealLivePrinces
LPS prices concern the fall season. Black Friday (obviously) falls in the winter. So the two sales are unrelated.

the return policy is the best at Kohl's, there is no time limit as long as tags are on and you have a receipt they will take it back at least at mine they do.

Yup....Kohl's, Costco and Lowe's have the best return policies IMO. ('cept for Costco eletronics... I think they should offer you an option to buy an extended warrenty for electronicsbut anyways....)

I've returned stuff to Kohl's a year and a half later with my receipt. I bought Christmas presents, put the bag in the closet, and completely forgot about them. Kohl's took them back, no problem. I bought maternity clothes, did the same thing, put the bag in my room, never opened it. When DD was 3 months old I found it. :rolleyes: (I really had liked those clothes too).

I wish I had gone out last weekend for the sale. I almost did but was busy....

right now they have the Lowest Prices of the Season (LPOTS) sale going on at Kohl's until Saturday I believe. I'm torn as to whether I should wait it out until BF to purchase some of the toys. FP toys are right now 45% off and I want to buy some of the Imaginext dinos for my little guy. However, if BF sale prices on toys will be better, I'll definitely wait.

so here's my question - does anyone know how the toy prices compare between LPOTS and BF????

THANKS!

I would buy them now because from what I've seen in the past, they only put them on sale for 50% off. I would prefer to pay 5% less and not deal with the crowds....that is unless you are planning on going to Kohl's for other stuff.

I did most of my Xmas shopping in there last year so for me it was worth dealing with the crowds. Other years, I bought ahead of time.

• 2 weeks later...
I agree. The FP toys have been 50% off for the past several BFs. I'd go with the 45% off just to avoid the chaos of mixed up toys, strollers and all that craziness in the toy section on BF. (Okay, I kind of like that element some of the time :eek:)