presents for bus drivers

steph3306

I would say anything for comfort - hat/glove set, scarf, slippers, homemade treats (cookies and hot cocoa), etc. Can't go wrong with GC for gas or groceries either :)

Most importantly a homemade card with your (child's) appreciation... that's something that would go a long way and never gets old. That reminds me I need to add bus driver to the list....

A popular one around here in the Winter is a travel mug with coffee, tea, hot chocolate packaged with it. If you have a Starbucks nearby a GC for them or you can buy package coffee there.

One year I got a school bus ornament for one of our Bus Drivers.

I am a school bus driver and have been for 10yrs. I have had the same route with most of the same families. First let me say thank you to all parents who think of their childs bus driver on Christmas or any holiday for that matter. Most parents do not even consider or think of the bus driver on holiday's and let me tell you that when a child brings their driver a gift it is greatly appreciated. Whether it be a handmade card, homemade candies or cookies, or anything else, just showing the driver they are appreciated means alot. Even if you and your child just give a card with a personal note inside telling the driver they are appreciated for keeping your child safe everyday will be a welcome gift.

I have to say I am one of the guilty ones that never really thinks about the bus driver, honestly I had no clue people give them gifts.......makes sense, just never thought of it, we always walked to school growning up so it was not something I saw my mother do or anything......I guess I need to give this more thought

We give our daughters school bus driver a $10 Gift card to local convience store. This way she can stop to get coffee or what ever she wants. I found that some people can't have chocolate or other sweets due to food allergies or diabetes. She is aways grateful for the GC.

How about the Down Ice Scraper Mitts from Eddie Bauer they are 2 for $20.00 now, orig $14.50I posted in the online deals that they have free shipping online on any purchase until 10/23

I think the mitt would be great for a bus driver. They even have reusable cup cozies for 2 for $4.00 right now. Too cute!

My daughter's bus driver loves her coffee. Is never without her mug. Thats why I stick with that gift I posted earlier.

'

Now my one neighbor gets her a new hat and glove set every year. She always says she hates the winter season as she is freezing. So she at least knows she will get her coffee/mug, etc and her new gloves/hat. lol

No one else on the bus stop gets her anything. There is 7 kids on the bus stop. I don't really think parents remember the drivers. IMO

well I am going to have to give my busdriver somethig extra special now because I threw a fit and we have to have an IEP meeting to decide if we need an aide on the bus for my son. He is a pretty laid back guy. He has been our busdriver for the last 5 years.

I actually asked the "girls" on the bus stop this morning (the moms of the kids on the stop) and they couldn't believe people actually bought gifts for bus drivers.

<sigh> it is important to remember EVERYONE who makes an important contribution to our lives... :o

My aunt was think about doing some of the hand sanitizers from Bath and Body Works for her kids driver this year. No kids myself. I think she's also done tree ornaments from a craft fair we hit every year in the past. And GC w/ mug of some variety. She may have done a hand made kitchen towel one year - she sews and cross stitches.

well my kids had busing for the first couple of years then took busing away from us for several years but we got it back this year. I have always given the bus driver a christmas present along with an end of the year present. Once I gave a Yankee candle... a mdium size one. Also have done the coffee and teas and picture frames. Also one really liek jelery so bout a braclet from Kohl's spent about 10.00 got it on sale

if you know your bus drivers name, you could do something like this http://www.personalizationmall.com/Personalized-Travel-Mug-Stainless-Steel-Mug-Name-Design-p4531.prod?storeid=3&categoryid=1198&itemid=18181&did=14751

I am thinking of this in a basket surrounded by flavored hot chocolated(big box available from sams), flavord teas and a GC to starbucks.

I am also a bus driver and have done the same route for 3 years now. I usually get about 3 gifts out of over 60 families that ride. It isn't really about the gifts - I would appreciate it if I just got a nice picture or card, LOL. I don't expect anything though and that makes it easier when I don't really get anything, LOL. I think all of you parents that do do something are great. I think most bus drivers LOVE sweets -that is why a lot of us are overweight, including me LOL. ANYTHING is really wonderful!

Are you talking city busses or school busses? I ride a bus to and from the train station every day and have the same driver and sit with the same people. We take up a collection and give cash. Now the bus downtown in the city is a whole different story, nothing for them, we don't have regulars there.

Are you talking city busses or school busses? I ride a bus to and from the train station every day and have the same driver and sit with the same people. We take up a collection and give cash. Now the bus downtown in the city is a whole different story, nothing for them, we don't have regulars there.

I think the discussion is about school bus drivers - that is what I am anyway.

I think a lot of us in general give gifts to our regular service providers - by that I mean our mailman (if he is a regular) or our UPS driver, or our trash person, etc so it is great that you do that for your regular driver. I know that sub drivers at our bus lot don't expect gifts from any students because they don't have any regular students. To tell you the truth I don't really think any of "expect" gifts but I do know the subs understand the difference of their position and frankly they get paid more than us regular drivers anyway so they are happier, LOL.

Since moving here my kids don't have a bus driver because we are close to the school and they walk. They do however have a crossing guard and we always get her something. She loves coffee and we have a daughter that is going to school in Hawaii. So last Christmas we put her a little gift basket together with 1lb of 100% Kona Coffee Beans, a travel mug, a box of mac nut clusters, and a handmade coffee coozy. She loved it! We will most likely do something similar this year as well.

In the past when they had school bus drivers we always gave them a gift card to starbucks coffee or to bath and body works, with a tin of homemade candies and cookies.