presents for bus drivers

steph3306

I am a school bus driver and have been for 10yrs. I have had the same route with most of the same families. First let me say thank you to all parents who think of their childs bus driver on Christmas or any holiday for that matter. Most parents do not even consider or think of the bus driver on holiday's and let me tell you that when a child brings their driver a gift it is greatly appreciated. Whether it be a handmade card, homemade candies or cookies, or anything else, just showing the driver they are appreciated means alot. Even if you and your child just give a card with a personal note inside telling the driver they are appreciated for keeping your child safe everyday will be a welcome gift.

I have to admit, for the first several years my oldest D was in school I did not think of the bus driver. Then, one day I happened to be home in the afternoon and watched our afternoon bus driver drop the kids off through a very very bad snow storm. Talking to the bus monitor a few days later she told me how great he was during that whole trip and how calm, even though he did get stuck a couple of times (including in our neighbor's driveway, my FIL had to pull him out with a tractor).

Then my oldest started playing French Horn and every day when she had to bring the Horn to school, the same driver would stop the bus, put in park, get OFF the bus and carry the Horn onto the bus for her. LOL, I think this was for his own safety (didn't want to get clobbered w/ the case).

I feel bad it took me so long to show appreciation. Thank you for what you do for our kids!!