Kmart Thanksgiving Day Shopping

neboo

Does anyone else take advantage of Kmart Thanksgiving day deals? I know I saw a few people last year who said it was a tradition. Last year I had a great experience with it. It was kind of like a BF warmup in a way. There were probably about 100 people in line when the store opened and I got my ticket item so it was fun. I also found what I felt was the best 32" lcd deal with the Olevia at $420 based on the quality and name, etc. and didnt have to wait in line on BF. But anyways, based on my experience last year I may be going back to Kmart on Thanksgiving day again this year as they had some other good deals.

I went last year for something and i was there at 6:00 am and was told they sold out and i asked how could that be the sale started at 6am and the guy there said there was people there at midnight sitting in chairs so they only had a few so they just let them have them so they would not have to sit there all night.

My wife and I were visting her parents in S. Florida last Thanksgiving and the KMart was only 10 minutes away. We got there and hour before the doors opened and were 2nd and 3rd on line. We got the Olevia 32" which has been fantastic, and we also got a Wii.

This year we're spending T-day in Georgia, and the nearest KMart is 35 minutes away. But we'll be checking Gotta Deal, and if there's anything interesting, I'm sure we'll be heading that way.

I went to Kmart last year on Thansgiving. My stepmom wanted to go so she picked me up and we went. There were a few things I was considering on getting, just little toys on sale, but they were sold out when we got there. I ended up not buying anything but my stepmom got a few things. If there are good deals on things I want this year then yeah I will go again. Otherwise I'm gonna stay warm and toasty in my bed and save the freezing in the cold for BF!

I always go by myself. I actually enjoy waiting in the line visiting with the complete strangers. Ive always gotten what I have went for. This year I might not make it I might be working...hmmm maybe I will have to be late to work if there is a good deal I just HAVE to have!

I go every year too!!! Last year I decided to "scope out" the BF sales, and maybe hide a few things :eyepoppin!!!! But as I walked around, I noticed they had only a few items of what I wanted, so I went to the service desk and read the policy about price adjustment (that was clearly stated & hanging above the counter) and double checked with the manager....so I filled my shopping cart up with the items I wanted from the BF ad, checked out, and went back first thing the next morning, got my adjustment and went on to my next stop!!! What a piece of cake....I hope the one where I just moved will do it too.....

Last Thanksgiving I sat in my car in the pouring rain:yup: at 5am to get one of the mp3 players and something else I can't remember. Then I got home, turned on the parade and started dinner:cheesy:

You're lucky it was only raining :yup: Don't forget, most wal-marts are open on TG this year as well. Haven't heard if they are going to have any deals.

I went a couple of years ago for the Nintendo Game Boy Lite deal. They had it for $100 and it came with a couple of games. I haven't been back since. Haven't seen anything that would drag me there on Thanksgiving. I'm not a big fan of that store as it is.

Our KMart line was HUGE on Thanksgiving last year. There had to be at least 150+ people in line when we got there. I can do the huge crowd waiting in line thing once a year on BF - not interested in doing that on Thanksgiving.

I will probably take the ad over to Wal-Mart and PM whatever I can that I might be interested in.

Last year I went for a few things including the Disney cameras for 2/19.99. I was nine months pregnant but I figured no one was going to fight over them--boy was I wrong--I had a few crazy people push me out of the way and then one lady pulled my pony tail!!!! Grown women pulling hair!! Then I had someone take a camera out of my hand! I was so freaked out that I tried to get out of that place as fast as I could. I did end up getting my 2 cameras and everything else I went for so at least all the craziness wasn't for nothing. I would go again this year because now that I'm not preggo I can fight back!

We usually go for the clothing specials. Daughter has gotten new sweaters and turtlenecks, get gloves for ourselves and for charity, get pjs for all.

We're pretty much out of the board game range as we've got the ones we like - although we did replace Life last year with the "Pirates" version.

It's a tradition with us, so even if there's nothing we need, we still usually go.