>>> Official Black Friday 2008 DIGITAL CAMERA Discussion Thread <<<

Brad

• 3 weeks later...

I just took a digital camera off my list as I got this shipped to me for $170. My budget was closer to $300, so the cameras are pretty high end but not dslr.

I have done some research. If you post your requirements/budget, I'll make suggestions if your shopping list looks like mine did.

Wow! How'd you get that shipped for $170? You should post however you did it in the Online Hot Deals Forum. Great job, btw!

thanks. it was a dell $110 300 use coupon stacked on a sale price. stumbled upon the deal in another forum. Thing is, I was doing research for BF -- figuring out what I wanted and what it should cost -- at the time. Sometimes you find the best deal before BF. I don't expect to see a better deal on BF.

I got an 80g PS3 for $250 shipped with $150 off using a sony card two weeks ago. I have all my PS3 games and accessories. I'm shopping for a TV right now. LOL every friday is BF someplace.

I bought my daughter a Canon. Two years ago I had bought both teens Kodak digital cameras, and thank GOD I bought the extended warranty with it because my one daughter's died after 13 months! Sears couldn't fix it so they gave me $200 towards a new camera and I went with the Canon 7 megapixel. I don't know how much you are looking to spend, but go with the better brands like Olympus and Canon. DO NOT get Poloroid, their cameras are the worst, cheapest pieces of garbage around! IMHO anyway.

Oh wow. I just found this video shot on the new Canon 5D Mk II! Wow! Mega wow in fact. Now I know what all the hubbub is about.

http://blog.vincentlaforet.com/2008/09/22/without-further-ado-reverie/

Enjoy! Now... if anyone gets any coupons for this lovely camera before Christmas... I'm all ears!!!!

Thanks!

SOMETIMES Best Buy will run a 10% off coupon on DSLR's. The last one I got though was 10% off the camera and a lens, which would seriously negate any savings.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I actually found a KILLER deal on a Nikon D90 just about a week ago. I bought it. lol. I really couldn't pass up this deal. It wasn't an online, nor in-store. It was a friends' mom who got two of them for her birthday and she wanted to get rid of one, so I bought it from her. Completely new, in-box, never opened, with 2 different lenses, and a 4GB card, flash, and a filter. NICE! ALL for $ 1500. COULDN'T PASS IT UP!

My daughter is interested in Nikon Coolpix s60. I know it has something to do with a touch screen and 10x and a lot of zoom.

This is the camera that I want....I told my husband I was leaving him for it...:razz:

I am really hoping that I can find this camera on black friday or with a really good deal before hand.

im hoping to get my parents a new camera for christmas . they have a kodak cx7430 and my mom has a hard time seeing the small screen. I have a Canon A560 and i love it it takes great pictures for a point and shoot. I got it for 139.99 back in February at Best Buy. I would love a DSLR. Any one suggest any other good point and shoot cameras with a big lcd screen on the back?

Hello lcplwinkerswife;

I got my mom a digital camera last black friday and I let her pick it herself. She choose the Nikon S51, which has a 3in screen. For me, its a bit big; but for my mom, its prefect. I would recommend you look at some from Nikon. They are easy to use and they have big LCD screens.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a cheap, easy to use, first digital camera for my mom? I noticed that she is having trouble reading small print these days.

I noticed that viewfinders have dissapeared. Do you have trouble using the cameras without the viewfiders outside in the sun? I have an older camera, but I can't see anything on the screen when I am outside. I am wondering if that will be a problem for my mom since most of her pics will probably be taken outside.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a cheap, easy to use, first digital camera for my mom? I noticed that she is having trouble reading small print these days.

I noticed that viewfinders have dissapeared. Do you have trouble using the cameras without the viewfiders outside in the sun? I have an older camera, but I can't see anything on the screen when I am outside. I am wondering if that will be a problem for my mom since most of her pics will probably be taken outside.

I have a Canon SD750, which doesn't have a viewfinder. They have done something to the screen so that there isn't a glare. I haven't had any problems taking pictures in the sun with this camera.