Share your cookies with me?!?!?!?!?

cassgurlie04

I just got this email:

When decent people are taken for a ride, this is the result!

A little background:

Neiman-Marcus, if you don't know already,is a very expensive store

they sell your typical $8.00 T-shirt for $50.00.

THIS IS A TRUE STORY!

My daughter and I had just finished a salad at a

Neiman-Marcus Cafe in Dallas , and we decided to have a small

dessert. Because both of us are such cookie lovers, we

decided to try the 'Neiman-Marcus cookie.' It was so excellent

that I asked if they would give me the recipe, and the waitress

said with a small frown,

'I'm afraid not, but you can buy The Recipe.'

Well, I asked how much,and she responded;

'Only two fifty - it's agreat deal!'

I agreed to that, and told her to just add it to my Tab.

Thirty days later, I received my VISA statement,and the

Neiman-Marcus Charge was $285.00!

I looked again, and I remembered I had only spent $9.95 for two salads

and about $20.00 for a scarf. As I glanced at the

bottom of the statement, it said,

'Cookie Recipe-$250..00.'

That was outrageous! I called Neiman's Accounting Department

and told them the waitress said it was 'two fifty', which

clearly does not mean 'two hundred and fifty dollars' by any reasonable

interpretation of the phrase.

Neiman-Marcus refused to budge. They would not refund my money

because, according to them,

'What the waitress told you is not our problem.

You have already seen the Recipe.

We absolutely will not refund your money at this point.'

I explained to the Accounting Department lady the criminal

statutes which govern fraud in the State of Texas . I threatened \

to report them to the Better Business Bureau and the Texas

Attorney General's office for engaging in fraud. I was basically told,

' Do what you want. Don't bother thinking of how

you can get even, and don't bother trying to get any

of your money back.'

I just said,

'Okay, you folks got my $250, and now I'm going to

have $250 worth of fun.' I told her that I was going to see

to it that every Cookie Lover in the United States

with an e-mail account has a $250 cookie recipe from

Neiman-Marcus...for free.'

She replied,

'I wish you wouldn't do this.'

I said,

'Well, perhaps you should have thought of that before you

ripped me off!' and slammed down the phone.

So here it is!

Please, please, please pass it on to everyone you can possibly think of.

I paid $250 for this, and I don't want Neiman-Marcus to EVER make

another penny off of this recipe!

NEIMAN-MARCUS COOKIES (Recipe may be halved)

2 cups butter

24 oz. Chocolate chips

4 cups flour

2 cups brown sugar

2 tsp. Soda

1 tsp. Salt

2 cups sugar

1 - 8 oz. Hershey Bar (grated)

5 cups blended oatmeal

4 eggs

2 tsp.. Baking powder

2 tsp. Vanilla

3 cups chopped nuts (your choice)

Measure oatmeal, and blend in a blender to a fine powder.

Cream the butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla, mix

together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and soda.

Add chocolate chips, Hershey bar, and nuts.

Roll into balls, and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet.

Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees.

Makes 112 cookies

PLEASE READ THE RECIPE AND SEND IT TO EVERY PERSON

YOU KNOW WHO HAS AN E-MAIL ADDRESS!

THIS IS REALLY TERRIFIC!!

Even if the people on your e-mail list don't eat sweets,

send it to them and ask them to pass it on.

Let's make sure we get this lady's $250.00 worth.

Enjoy the cookies, they really are good.

Just in case anyone wants them here is the actual Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe. You can grab it right from their website for free.

NEIMAN-MARCUS Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients

# 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened

# 1 cup light brown sugar

# 3 tablespoons granulated sugar

# 1 large egg

# 2 teaspoons vanilla extract

# 1-3/4 cups all purpose flour

# 1/2 teaspoon baking powder

# 1/2 teaspoon baking soda

# 1/2 teaspoon salt

# 1-1/2 teaspoons instant espresso coffee powder

# 1-1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Cream the butter with the sugars using an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy (approximately 30 seconds)

2. Beat in the egg and the vanilla extract for another 30 seconds.

3. In a mixing bowl, sift together the dry ingredients and beat into the butter mixture at low speed for about 15 seconds. Stir in the espresso coffee powder and chocolate chips.

4. Using a 1 ounce scoop or a 2 tablespoon measure, drop cookie dough onto a greased cookie sheet about 3 inches apart. Gently press down on the dough with the back of a spoon to spread out into a 2 inch circle. Bake for about 20 minutes or until nicely browned around the edges. Bake a little longer for a crispier cookie.

Yield: 2 dozen cookies

I have other recipes but I have to dig through some boxes to find them. Maybe I will do so this weekend. :) Everyone else keep them coming I've grabbed a few that sound really good.

Snickerdoodles have become my signature cookie.

Recipe can be found here: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Mrs-Siggs-Snickerdoodles/Detail.aspx

INGREDIENTS:

1/2 cup butter, softened

1/2 cup shortening

1 1/2 cups white sugar

2 eggs

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour

2 teaspoons cream of tartar

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt

2 tablespoons white sugar

2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).

2. Cream together butter, shortening, 1 1/2 cups sugar, the eggs and the vanilla. Blend in the flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt. Shape dough by rounded spoonfuls into balls.

3. Mix the 2 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon. Roll balls of dough in mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.

4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until set but not too hard. Remove immediately from baking sheets.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all for sharing your recipes! Now I could use some that will travel well too- last year I sent out packages of cookies and some ended up demolished and a little melted. I need to figure out a better solution this year...

When my husband was in the navy his mom would send him cookies packed in popcorn.

Govoni

My grandma always made cherry winks too. Now I bake them every Christmas.

Here is a "new" recipe I made last year and it won our official taste test with the kids on our cookie baking day.

Nutella Ravioli

Ingredients

* 1 (18 ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough

* 1/2 cup nutella, spread

* 3 tablespoons chocolate chips

Directions

1 Preheat oven to 350°F

2 Roll out cookie dough to about a 1/4 inch thickness.

3 Using a cookie cutter or a glass dipped in flour, cut out rounds. (I used a 2 3/4 inch round cookie cutter.).

4 Using a piping bag or plastic bag with the end snipped off, pipe about 1/2 teaspoon of Nutella into the center of each round.

5 Fold rounds over to create half moon shapes and gently seal edges.

6 Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 9-10 minutes. Remove to racks and cool completely.

7 When cookies are completely cooled, melt chocolate chips in microwave (about 1 minute.). Remove and using a fork, drizzle chocolate over cookies.

My cookie recipes are simple: Pillsbury or Nestle pre-made cookie dough :D Sometimes I even let the kids use the cookie cutters and cut the sugar cookies into shapes :lmao: Sorry, I couldn't resist! But I'm really not a baker and this way, at least I know they are edible!!:sidesplit

I do make my own no-bake cookies though ;)(and LOTS of them as they are the favorite around here!!

The chocolate no bake cookies made with oats??? Mmmmmmm those are favorite around here too. You need my address, don't you??? :D

I try to make all kinds of cookies, candy, choc covered this and choc covered that, around the holidays, but Magic Cookie Bars is one of my favs to make (and eat), and I always get requests for more. LOL

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d77/kmbrly999/magiccookiebars.jpg

Magic Cookie Bars

INGREDIENTS

1/2 cup butter or margarine

1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs

1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)

1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels

1 1/3 cups flaked coconut

1 cup chopped nuts

..DIRECTIONS

1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees for glass dish). In 13x9-inch baking pan, melt margarine in oven. Sprinkle crumbs over butter; pour EAGLE BRAND® evenly over crumbs. Layer evenly with remaining ingredients; press down firmly.

2.Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. Chill if desired. Cut into bars. Store loosely covered at room temperature.

Variations

7-Layer Magic Cookie Bars: Substitute 1 cup (6-ounces) butterscotch flavored chips* for 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and proceed as directed above.

Peanut butter flavored chips or white chocolate chips may be substituted for butterscotch flavored chips.

Magic Peanut Cookie Bars: Substitute 2 cups (about 3/4 pound) chocolate-covered peanuts for semi-sweet chocolate chips and chopped nuts.

Magic Rainbow Cookie Bars: Substitute 2 cups plain candy-coated chocolate candies for semi-sweet chocolate chips.

does anyone know how to make those I would say cookies that are in a ball and you put powderd sugar over them after you bake them and sometimes people put rum in them?

Rum balls?? I've never made them, but here's a recipe from cooks.com

RUM OR BOURBON BALLS

1 c. powdered sugar

1/3 c. rum or bourbon

1/4 c. light corn syrup

2 1/2 c. crushed vanilla wafers (food processor makes this step easy!)

1 c. chopped pecans

Stir together powdered sugar, alcohol and corn syrup. Then add the crushed wafers and chopped nuts. Mix until evenly moistened and pinch a walnut sized piece and roll it firmly between the palms of your hands, repeat until all balls have been made. Then sift 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon cocoa powder onto a plate, roll the balls in the powder until evenly coated. Store in an airtight tin with doilies or wax paper between layers. Recommend candy sized Christmas cups for serving.

Makes about 20 balls.

• 3 weeks later...
And do you let your children help. We have a tradition that on Christmas Eve or the day befor we bake all day. The kids have a wonderful time and it gives me special time with them. Then when family and friends come over we have snacks. We bake cheese straws, cresents, peanut butter balls, sausage balls, chocolate covered pretzels,and the favorite pigs in the blankets. Anyone else do this? What do you bake?

My extended family gets a tin of treats every year for their gifts.

I make toffee,macaroons,candied pecans,fudge,snowball cookies,and assorted mini muffins.

No the kids don't help. They are 14 and 12 and they are good for maybe 10 min. and then the complaining begins. That and when I get started I get in the zone and hate anyone in my kitchen when I get like that.LOL

I do make a gingerbread house every year that my kids and husband decorate. It's a tradition around here that they still like.

I'm trying a new recipe this year, super simple!!!

Store-bought or homemade sugar cookie dough

Take a good-sized amount of dough and shape it into a pretzel

Dip one side in melted chocolate (any kind)

Put sprinkles on top

I hope the cookies turn out as good as the picture looks!!!

Edited by stacyk9

Yum...I'm already hungry and reading this thread is just making my mouth water. LOL Going to have to try out some of these recipes. Now for another question..

Previous years I've always made a lot of cookies and treats about 2 weeks before Christmas and gave out most of them, but this year I dont think I'll be giving many, so what do you all do with most of the cookies? In other words, do you freeze them? Do they freeze well? If you freeze, dont they get soggy when you thaw them out? I love to make cookies, but am worried about wasting them. Please share some ideas about keeping them as well!

Here are two recipes that my family loves:

Cranberry-White Chocolate Shortbread Cookies (this is basically a really good shortbread recipe and you can throw whatever you'd like in it)

2 cups (4 sticks) butter, softened

1 cup sugar

4 cups flour

1 pkg. (6 squares) BAKER'S White Chocolate, chopped

1-1/2 cups dried cranberries

HEAT oven to 350°F. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with mixer until light and fluffy. Add flour; mix well. Stir in chocolate and cranberries.

DROP rounded tablespoons of dough, 2 inches apart, onto baking sheets; flatten slightly.

BAKE 10 to 14 min. or until lightly browned. Cool 5 min. on baking sheets. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.

AND

Caramel Filled Chocolate Cookies

2 1/2 cups flour

3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 cup sugar

1 cup firmly packed brown sugar

1 cup margarine or butter, softened

2 teaspoons vanilla

2 eggs

1 cup chopped pecans

48 Rolos

1 tablespoon sugar

4 oz. vanilla-flavored candy coating, if desired (I almost never do this step)

DIRECTIONS

In medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa and baking soda; mix well.

In large bowl, combine 1 cup sugar, brown sugar and margarine; beat until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs; beat well. Add flour mixture; blend well. Stir in 1/2 cup of the pecans. If necessary, cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 30 minutes for easier handling.

Heat oven to 375°F. For each cookie, with floured hands, shape about 1 tablespoon dough around 1 caramel candy, covering completely.

In small bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup pecans and 1 tablespoon sugar. Press one side of each ball into pecan mixture. Place, nut side up, 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake at 375°F. for 7 to 10 minutes or until set and slightly cracked. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets. Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes or until completely cooled.

Melt candy coating in small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Drizzle over cookies

Caramel Filled Chocolate Cookies

2 1/2 cups flour

3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 cup sugar

1 cup firmly packed brown sugar

1 cup margarine or butter, softened

2 teaspoons vanilla

2 eggs

1 cup chopped pecans

48 Rolos

1 tablespoon sugar

4 oz. vanilla-flavored candy coating, if desired (I almost never do this step)

DIRECTIONS

In medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa and baking soda; mix well.

In large bowl, combine 1 cup sugar, brown sugar and margarine; beat until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs; beat well. Add flour mixture; blend well. Stir in 1/2 cup of the pecans. If necessary, cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 30 minutes for easier handling.

Heat oven to 375°F. For each cookie, with floured hands, shape about 1 tablespoon dough around 1 caramel candy, covering completely.

In small bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup pecans and 1 tablespoon sugar. Press one side of each ball into pecan mixture. Place, nut side up, 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake at 375°F. for 7 to 10 minutes or until set and slightly cracked. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets. Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes or until completely cooled.

Melt candy coating in small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Drizzle over cookies

Totally making these for the office!!!

Stacy

*you can also add a few craisins to this and make them pretty good for christmas just take out a few of the raisins and a few chocolate chips!

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

1 cup raisins

2 sticks unsalted butter, softened

2 cups light brown sugar

1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

2 large eggs

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Pinch grated nutmeg

1/4 cup buttermilk

2 cups quick-cooking oats (not instant or old-fashioned)

3/4 cup chopped toasted pecans

3/4 cup white chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 2 large baking sheets and set aside.

Place the raisins in a medium bowl and cover with boiling water. Let sit until plump and moist, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain well.

In a large bowl, with an electric mixer cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and eggs, and beat to combine.

Into a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir into the butter mixture, and add the buttermilk, stirring to mix. Fold in the oatmeal, raisins, nuts, and chips, blending well.

Drop the dough onto the baking sheets by rounded tablespoons, spacing them 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.

Let cool on the sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool.

They weren't my recipe but I loved them!

Pretzel Turtles

24 small pretzels (traditional bow shaped)

24 Rolo candies

24 pecan or walnut halves

Preheat oven to 300 F

arrange pretzels on parchment paper lined cookie sheet

place 1 rolo on top of pretzel

bake for 4 minutes, while rolo is warm press nut on top of each candy.

Let cool completly, cover in a air tight container

They weren't my recipe but I loved them!

Pretzel Turtles

24 small pretzels (traditional bow shaped)

24 Rolo candies

24 pecan or walnut halves

Preheat oven to 300 F

arrange pretzels on parchment paper lined cookie sheet

place 1 rolo on top of pretzel

bake for 4 minutes, while rolo is warm press nut on top of each candy.

Let cool completly, cover in a air tight container

Yes that's it!! Thank you!

does anyone know how to make those I would say cookies that are in a ball and you put powderd sugar over them after you bake them and sometimes people put rum in them?

My mom and I used to get together and make these and by the time we were done we had a little buzz. They are very good!

And do you let your children help. We have a tradition that on Christmas Eve or the day befor we bake all day. The kids have a wonderful time and it gives me special time with them. Then when family and friends come over we have snacks. We bake cheese straws, cresents, peanut butter balls, sausage balls, chocolate covered pretzels,and the favorite pigs in the blankets. Anyone else do this? What do you bake?

I usually make most of them alone, but the kids and I make a huge batch of cutouts. They all apron up and take hours decorating this cookie for this grandma, and this one for that....they love it and the pics are always adorable!

Does anyone have a recipe to do the fancy chocolate dipped pretzel rods?

How about the candy coated, dipped apples (like Mrs Prindables)?

I think I posted the pretzel/rolo/nut cookies...aren't they yummy?:gdlicklips:

My Dad asked for those this year as well as my peanut butter balls. He is easy to

please. BTW those cookies are called Turtle Cookies.

I keep seeing lots of recipes for cookies/candies in alot of magazines this season

Here is a great Sugar cookies recipe, i just made these for my sons class as pumpkins,

This is my grandmas recipe, she is 86 and has been making them for years,

Nanny's Sugar Cookies

1 1/2 cups butter or margerine softened

2 cups sugar

1cup powder sugar

6 eggs

3 Tablespoons milk

1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla

6 tsp baking powder sift with flour

6 3/4 cup flour sifted plus extra for rolling

Cream together the first 6 things, then add flour and baking powder that are sifted together ,stir in one cup at

a time mixing well after each cup.

Set in refrigerator to harden for at least 2 hours. Roll out 1/4 inch thick and use cutters for design. Bake at 350 for 10-15 min

• 2 weeks later...

heres a recipe for you....

Butter Pecan Cookies

1pkg. butter pecan cake mix

2 eggs

1/3 cup oil

1 c. chopped pecans

1 c. chocolate chips(optional) its good with or without the chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients and mix well. Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly brown.

Very easy recipe. I make these all the time .

Enjoy!