I don't think I'll be going to BF this year @ BB

Stealth

I've been at BB for the past 2 years doing BB, the first year was actually pretty fun

and there was some mishaps but that was expected. Last year was horrible, and I

while I had fun with people on line..the weather was horrible. WINDY/RAINY/COLD..

Not to mention the lack of good items. I think the only reason i was there was because

of a friend.

This year...I don't know If I'll be doing it. I don't know if the headache of last year

will be worth it this year. Unless there is some really door busters...I don't think I'll be there

again.

Hopefully there is....

I think the crowds are getting more ruthless every year! Gonna have to wear my son's football pads/uniform soon! LOL

As for the weather, the worse it is, the less crowds!

Also, if you're buying something on bf and saving less than $100 bucks, it's probably not worth it at BB. Now, if you're getting multiple items, and saving $1000 bucks, well, that might be worth getting cold and chilly for!

And remember, it only happens once a year! Good Luck with your choice!

I think the crowds are getting more ruthless every year! Gonna have to wear my son's football pads/uniform soon! LOL

As for the weather, the worse it is, the less crowds!

Also, if you're buying something on bf and saving less than $100 bucks, it's probably not worth it at BB. Now, if you're getting multiple items, and saving $1000 bucks, well, that might be worth getting cold and chilly for!

And remember, it only happens once a year! Good Luck with your choice!

With the popularty of BF, sites like this and the amount of media coverage BF gets every year the more crowds you will see. When I started 5 years ago it was much different from it is now. The reason BB is so popular is that they have the ticket system, done away with rebates and have some of the best deals on tech toys.

It is only going to get worse each you and you will have to have good tactics.

Good Luck!

With the popularty of BF, sites like this and the amount of media coverage BF gets every year the more crowds you will see. When I started 5 years ago it was much different from it is now. The reason BB is so popular is that they have the ticket system, done away with rebates and have some of the best deals on tech toys.

It is only going to get worse each you and you will have to have good tactics.

Good Luck!

That is totally true, my first bf years ago did not even compare to the madness of last year, the more the word gets out, the more psychos run to the store.:tongue1:but if your looking for that high dollar item and a low price, bf @ bb may be your only choice.

It really depends if they have things worth wild. Last year didn't really have anything worth wild..with similar/worse prices for tv's and such. Only thing I got out of it last year was a 22in samsung monitor..which wasn't even worth the stay. I did get a bunch of stuff for other people

though. Laptops, PC's, GPS....this year I'm not doing it unless they pay for my efforts.

It really depends if they have things worth wild. Last year didn't really have anything worth wild..with similar/worse prices for tv's and such. Only thing I got out of it last year was a 22in samsung monitor..which wasn't even worth the stay. I did get a bunch of stuff for other people

though. Laptops, PC's, GPS....this year I'm not doing it unless they pay for my efforts.

You should charge them to be their personal shopper. That is what I do. It is called a "handling fee". LOL

Good Luck!

I don't want to go to BB...I never have gone there. However, I am seriously considering getting all 3 kids a laptop for Christmas. I know I wouldn't get 3 of their specials, but even getting 1 and my husband getting 1 would help. But man I do not want to do BB.

If you are wanting laptops and dont want to go to BB there is also Circuit City or Frys. The reason most people go to BB is they dont have rebates or any other hassles. No matter where you go for computers you will have to deal with the craziness and long lines.

If you are wanting laptops and dont want to go to BB there is also Circuit City or Frys. The reason most people go to BB is they dont have rebates or any other hassles. No matter where you go for computers you will have to deal with the craziness and long lines.

Very true....I have never been out for a big ticket item. I usually stick to Target and Wal-Mart. Now the kids are getting older so I have to adjust my BF shopping habits! What is Frys? I have never heard of them. And I don't even know if I have a Circuit City here! I have so much to do!!

Very true....I have never been out for a big ticket item. I usually stick to Target and Wal-Mart. Now the kids are getting older so I have to adjust my BF shopping habits! What is Frys? I have never heard of them. And I don't even know if I have a Circuit City here! I have so much to do!!

Frys is a computer store. It is like a Radio Shack on roids. They are mostly in California and in the south.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frys

There are other stores better than Best Buy on Black Friday.

It depends much on what you're buying, but I think that the main advantage of Best Buy is that they don't use that "Mail In Rebate" thing, that really pisses me off.

I also don't think I'll be going this year, me and my friends have been going to BestBuy for the past 3 years, but we just got out of school and got new jobs, it's gonna be hard to get days off to be there.

Last year we had to be there since wednesday afternoon since it has become so popular, i think that this year we'd have to be there since wednesday morning to get what we really want.

I believe that this year I'll arrive around 8 or so on friday just to get movies and tv series, and maybe a home theater for the living room, but besides that, i'm gonna loose all the fun this year.

Good luck to everybody who's coming back this year and good luck to all the newbies.

There were a few BF items I wanted from BB and luckily they put them on their website (for in store pickup) on Thanksgiving day, so I got lucky that way. It definitely beat fighting the crowds. Now if you want a laptop or TV from them, you're stuck braving the crowds.

What I like about BF at BB is if you buy a computer and want to add more stuff to it, they don't charge the service fees that day, just for the low prices of the extras like ram, or extra hard drive. They usually have the ram and other items marked down alot. Always get a apc surge protector for less than the cost of a replacement battery. As others have said the lines are longer and sometimes more rowdy, but for the most part we have a good time. Last year people were waiting outside at 11am on Thanksgiving Day. That was very discouraging as when I got there at 11pm the line was already wrapped around the end of the little strip of stores.

I got in line at BB at 1:00 am and I was one of the first 10(a few years ago). The line got longer at about 4:00 am. Now you have to go before you eat your turkey. It's not the same.

Very true. If you want a big ticket door-buster item at BB these days, you've got to be there 12-16 hours ahead of time (at least in my area). That's just not going to happen for me. I'll still go there for some of the cheap DVDs or whatever items last later into the morning, but it's just not worth it for the big-ticket stuff. Besides, you can sometimes get the same bargain later on in the Christmas season for close to the same price. I used a %-off coupon and got the door-buster TomTom GPS unit two weeks later for ~$10 more than it was priced on BF, and I didn't have to wait out in the cold for 10+ hours to do it.

I thought is was funny. I pulled up to go to Target here and it is next door to BestBuy and it was hilarious to see the thousands of people lined up there and I was second in line at Target and got there just before they opened. I also went to Walmart and Radio Shack and all three places had some of the same stuff as best buy just as cheap. Everyone forgets about Radio Shack and they have some really awesome deals in the store for under $10 that aren't even in the add. For Walmart, my mother in law has gone for the past 20 years. She now goes to walmart since they are open 24 hours and just walks around grabbing small stuff and when they say it is time she and her friends each have a list and how many of each item to grab. I've had the best luck at Target though. Good luck everyone!

Funny you should mention the 22-inch Samsung monitor--that was the main thing that I got for waiting at BB last year, and then I found a slightly better deal on a slightly better Samsung 22 inch monitor on Cyber Monday through GottaDeal and returned the one I bought on BF.

I will be checking the adds carefully and considering the models available for a GPS and maybe other small items, before determining my strategy this year, but I will be out early for the "fun" ;) (crazyness) :cool: of it all.

I am wondering if the economy will cause longer lines and earlier arrival times because there may be more people looking for door buster sales.:yuck:

Welcome to the community!

I think you could be right. You have poor sales outlooks and that means the stores will not be ordering much stock so stock levels will be slow. This could cause people getting out there early.

I always go to best buy for the electronics . I like it because they give out tickets and if you have a ticket you know your going to get the item. I know CC also does that but that store is so small and I feel clausterphobic in it .. I guess I just like Best Buy better then CC , walmart for my electronics they have for the most part been good to us except last year with a TV we wanted but in the end we got a better tv so everything happens for a reason. Im kinda sad I am not going to camp out this year at Best buy in Pensacola since I am not shopping for any big ticket items. We are just doing clothes for the kids , one video game each, probably some cologne, Tyler wants a silver rope chain necklace and a wireless mouse for his lap top, Austin wants a watch and gold rope chain necklace and Joshua just wants. I will probably just let him not have to pay his car insurance part for 2 months and clothes.. He will be happy with that ..

No BB for me this year either. Last year the crowds were INSANE, even getting up at 1am.

And with the economy this year, I can just imagine what some people will do for a bargain.

Online is the way I did much of my shopping last year, and will be doing the same again this year...

Last year the crowd was around the building at 5pm Thanksgiving day... the previous year (when I went) it wasn't like that until about 1am on BF morning so it is definitely getting rougher and tougher out there.

Tips to keep in mind, alot of stuff they sell on BF is junk (i.e. their dvd-r bundles which error more than work) and be sure to browse the internet for reviews on this high dollar choices before you run down there and buy it.

An old friend got the 54" (or maybe it was 64".. big either way) tv on BF last year, paid for their "extended warranty" ripoff and, when it broke down 3 months later (yes, only 3 months), it took them about 5 and a half months to finally repair it. They said it was up to the manufacturer, the manufacturer said it was up to them, and then they brought in outside repair companies who look at it, said what was wrong, and then never showed again to repair anything.

BB is VERY sneaky like that so keep that in mind... I never bought top dollar items (thank God) and have never had an issue like that but I saw it first hand so I am very cautious about them now.

It may only be the one BB store who does that.. if it is, never go to the Saginaw, MI BB store on Bay Rd.