I don't think I'll be going to BF this year @ BB

Stealth

I thought is was funny. I pulled up to go to Target here and it is next door to BestBuy and it was hilarious to see the thousands of people lined up there and I was second in line at Target and got there just before they opened. I also went to Walmart and Radio Shack and all three places had some of the same stuff as best buy just as cheap. Everyone forgets about Radio Shack and they have some really awesome deals in the store for under $10 that aren't even in the add. For Walmart, my mother in law has gone for the past 20 years. She now goes to walmart since they are open 24 hours and just walks around grabbing small stuff and when they say it is time she and her friends each have a list and how many of each item to grab. I've had the best luck at Target though. Good luck everyone!

That is because they strategically place items on the floor throughout the day.:cool:

• 4 weeks later...

I don't want to go to BB...I never have gone there. However, I am seriously considering getting all 3 kids a laptop for Christmas. I know I wouldn't get 3 of their specials, but even getting 1 and my husband getting 1 would help. But man I do not want to do BB.

You're not going to get a better deal on laptops than Best Buy but a few suggestions. 1 Don't bring the kids, the place gets so crowded that there is a good chance they could get trampled. 2 laptops (especially the $229 ones from last year are the first items gone, they only have about 15 so if you're more than 20 people back from the front you won't get it) are the most popular items, get there early, real early, like 24hrs early.....

I got in line at BB at 1:00 am and I was one of the first 10(a few years ago). The line got longer at about 4:00 am. Now you have to go before you eat your turkey. It's not the same.

Yup getting earlier here every year too. Last year I got there at 3pm expecting to be the one of the first since the year before the line stated at about 3:30, last year it started at about 12 noon. I still got my items but this year I plan to arrive at 11am and no later than 12 noon to be one of the first. We actually start a list of the first 70 or so people on line so stop people from cutting in at the last minute like they always try.

I am wondering if the economy will cause longer lines and earlier arrival times because there may be more people looking for door buster sales.:yuck:

Most people will still go eat their turkey before being crazy enough to get on line on Thursday. Get their early and account for the long lines. I think personally the lines may be a little less this year because of the economy but I still plan to miss my turkey (I hate turkey so it's a good excuse to avoid it in any case) and get on line early Thursday. The true diehards that do this every year look forward to it every year and unless the deals really suck we are the ones that will still be among the first just like in years past....

25 days till I get on line.... 389 days till I get on line for next years sales... looking forward to it already and I get a rush from it every year.

I've never wanted/needed anything that was a big ticket item from BB that required me to be there on TG. We usually hit up BB after Walmart and Target but usually for DVDs and little things.

I have noticed, as some have said, that the lines keep getting longer sooner and more brutal, but Walmart is the first stop for me so I know a little about ruthlessness :yup:

If you are wanting laptops and dont want to go to BB there is also Circuit City or Frys. The reason most people go to BB is they dont have rebates or any other hassles. No matter where you go for computers you will have to deal with the craziness and long lines.

OR go to Wal-Mart. I hate shopping there, but I work for BBY so on BF I headed over to Walmart where I already verified that they had the same model and had them price match it. It took a couple minutes before a manager was free to okay it, but we already had all three laptops in our hands. Plus it really helped that it was the year they made a BIG deal of matching any competitors ads on same product!