How is your job handled on Black Friday???

angelbabymommy

SAHM here too, but DH has to work. He always schedules himself to work the evening shift, which means 1pm. I have to get everything done & home by 12:30 at the latest :( It stinks, but I guess it makes for better time mgt, lol.

I had to do that last year.... it did make for better time management but I missed out on all the deals at the mall bc he had to be at work at 11am. Could be worse(no shopping at all):eek::eek::eek:

I do transcription at home so I can take off whenever I want, but it helps that the accounts I work on are closed for the holiday. One of them is the doctor's office I used to work at and they are off with pay. Can't wait to shop, just hope my sister doesn't have her babies that week. I told her to wait till we're done shopping or the next week.

being a nurse we are open 24/7/365. It is basically luck of the draw. This year- my luck has run out. Thats ok- next year I'm having surgery in November so I can be off for BF and for Thanksgiving- guaranteed!

This year- I plan on hitting as many blitz sales before then and just being mindful. I already started shopping for the holiday.

My job considers Black Friday (or "Day after Thanksgiving" is what they call it) a part of our Thanksgiving holiday, so I dont have to pretend Im sick every year...lol :D or use any kind of vacation.

We also get Christmas Eve as a holiday, too. :)

Ditto here! That was one of the 1st things I asked about last year when I was interviewing for the job! :D

Unfortunately it is one of the busiest days at the pediatricians office. Everyone put off

having their sick kid seen on Thanksgiving (even though one of the offices in our group

is open 365 days a year..we take turns :( It is just chaos in the office that day. Luckily

I have been there for 20 years and I am taking the day off :fluffy:

I am however working Christmas Eve and the day after Christmas :(

My job considers Black Friday (or "Day after Thanksgiving" is what they call it) apart of our Thanksgiving holiday, so I dont have to pretend Im sick every year...lol :D or use any kind of vacation. So how do you handle your job or is it also apart of Thanksgiving.

We also get Christmas Eve as a holiday, too. :) I love my job.

EDIT*** "your" not "yor"...sorry!

Exactly the same here. But I "like" my job as oppossed to "love" my job.