Produce saver bags

tokanm

Has anybody used those green bags that supposedly make your fruits and veggies last

longer. I saw Debbie Myers Green Bags on QVC and then those little balls that you fill

with something and put in your crisper. Are they worth the money..I know that you can

reuse them several times.

I am sick of paying for expensive lettuce/salad/strawberries etc and they go bad within

a couple of days!

I have a "Seal-a Meal" dealy from Rival for extra-long term frozen goods (expensive up front, & bags/rolls pricey)...Haven't heard of the 'Green Bags', but am planning on checking out the new mini-vac sealer (small hand-held, with re-sealable bags) made by Glad I think....Looks like a good idea, & could be a good alternative for shorter term....Anyone know more about these too?? TIA

My DD, who is 7, just came to me the other day out of the blue and starts telling me how I should be using these things. I had NEVER heard of them before. I guess she had been flipping channels and saw a commercial for these. All I know is she was really sure I just HAD to try these LOL!!!:fluffy:

Well these ones I was asking about don't have a zipper.

They are made by Debbie Myers and are actually available at www.hsn.com

You get 50 reusable bags of all different sizes for $20. I think I may order them and

give it a try. I will post my opinion after I use them;)

My DD, who is 7, just came to me the other day out of the blue and starts telling me how I should be using these things. I had NEVER heard of them before. I guess she had been flipping channels and saw a commercial for these. All I know is she was really sure I just HAD to try these LOL!!!:fluffy:

My son who is 7 as well tells me I NEED these green bags!! I think they were showing them on Nickelodeon. UGG! He's such a infomercial kid, gotta have it, believe what they say!

Yes, the bags do actually work.

Well, if your screen name (Ripn) means you're from Ripon, and rabx5 is a Packer-Backer from Illinois, & you guys give these a thumbs-up.....I may try 'em!!....:cheese::gdnum1::thumbsup::cheese:GO PACK GO!!!

http://i.timeinc.net/subs2/images/si/sistore/products/2008/0121_mid.jpg

No, it means something totally different. :)

But anyway... GO Pack GO!!!!!

Cool...(to the extreme this AM!!)...at least we're both "beyond the cheddar curtain" gotta loveit, even if it is -2 degrees!!

Anyway, on topic, sortta, Has anyone tried that hand-held vac-bagger I mentioned up there

in post # 2...I'll try to get some more info

Well, if your screen name (Ripn) means you're from Ripon, and rabx5 is a Packer-Backer from Illinois, & you guys give these a thumbs-up.....I may try 'em!!....:cheese::gdnum1::thumbsup::cheese:GO PACK GO!!!

http://i.timeinc.net/subs2/images/si/sistore/products/2008/0121_mid.jpg

I was actually born and raised in GreenBay. My 1st son was there too :D I'm even a GB Packer stockholder :yup:

Unfortunately-I'm in the St. Louis Rams area :yuck:

I picked up some at the grocery store and they worked great (green color, no ziplock). I found though, that I can only reuse them a few times and then they need to go. I also found that if you put the lettuce, then carefully shove the bag all the way to the very back of the fridge and quickly obscure it from view--you can make a pretty bag of brown mush with several identifiable leaves still in it after several months!

Saw a commercial for these, $10 for 20 bags, $7 shipping, it probably works out about the same as the ones on HSN but worth a shot

http://www.greenbags.com/

Oh I guess these are Debbie Myers too LOL

http://www.asseenontv.com/prod-pages/deb_m_gbags_ontv.html $10 but only $4 shipping

HSN has a 50 bag count for $20 with $5 shipping (sounds like the best deal if they work)

Edited by Stowasser

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've had a quart of strawberries in my refrig for over a week now in the bags..before

they would have gone moldy in 2 days :(

They work for me and I will buy them again, also you can reuse them up to 10 times

each just by rinsing them out with water

My Walgreens sells them. You can also buy them online. I have some and really think they work well. I buy the 3-head packs of romaine at Aldi, wash, cut up, and throw into one of the bags and keep in the produce drawer of my refrigerator. I also use them for broccoli. I would much rather prep a lot of vegetables at once than prep them every night.

http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=100475&navAction=jump&navCount=1&skuid=sku3967973&id=prod3969124

My Walgreens sells them. You can also buy them online. I have some and really think they work well. I buy the 3-head packs of romaine at Aldi, wash, cut up, and throw into one of the bags and keep in the produce drawer of my refrigerator. I also use them for broccoli. I would much rather prep a lot of vegetables at once than prep them every night.

http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=100475&navAction=jump&navCount=1&skuid=sku3967973&id=prod3969124

hmmmm on mine they say NOT to wash them before putting them in the bag..just

remove from original packaging and then place in green bag. Hey I may try that sounds

like it would save time..esp at night after work if I am having salad or tacos etc