Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

So, Peanut butter is right up there with cold medicine now? :confused: Those poor Duggars - they must have to go shopping every day! Or can large families just claim to be "not normal" so they can buy more?

Maybe the cashier never saw a teenager eat?

I made PB cookies this week. The recipe uses 1 jar. My family ate them in 3 days. And PB sandwiches, PB on toast, PB with apples...

So, Peanut butter is right up there with cold medicine now? :confused: Those poor Duggars - they must have to go shopping every day! Or can large families just claim to be "not normal" so they can buy more?

Maybe the cashier never saw a teenager eat?

I made PB cookies this week. The recipe uses 1 jar. My family ate them in 3 days. And PB sandwiches, PB on toast, PB with apples...

According to my ds12 peanut butter is its own food group ;) They wouldn't want to see how much we go through

I shop at the Vogel Target and haven't been very happy w/them either. I tried using a Target coupon and a manuf coupon on an item back in Aug. The cashier asked another cashier if they were allowed to take both and she said no. I had been reading on here about ppl being able to do that so I said I thought Target did. She said no. This was a cashier that is always there in the mornings w/short, kind of big hair and a tan. I think I know who everyone is talking about. She is usually nice but never shuts her mouth, lol.

The other day I was buying DD a shirt that was suppose to be 75% off. All the signs said 75% off but this shirt and the others like it had only 30% off tags. I even mentioned it to a couple of other ppl that had the same shirt in their cart. Well I go to checkout and I handed the shirt to her and said the sign says 75% off. She calls over the head cashier, a man and he says to type in 45% off after she scans it. I didn't say anything but later realized that wasn't right. It was suppose to be 75% off the original price not off of the 30% price. So I over paid around $1.

I can tell they have new ppl working the registers lately and I'm tired of all the screwups and miscommunications as far as clearance signs and the way items are marked and such. I dread walking into the Vogel Target now. Can't believe they would limit how much merchandise you could buy, absolutely insane.

And the bad thing is when the signs are wrong, they immediately assume YOU changed them and are trying to rip them off! I can't tell you how many times that has happened to me! I've gotten to the point where I scan everything I really want before I go up there as most of the time I'm not ready to argue with them over most of what I'm buying. I like to get the deals but don't like being treated like a criminal because their signs are wrong-and I'm not talking about someone moving one or two items, I'm talking about an entire display!.......

HELP.........I have been with this website for several years. I reply occassionally, but honestly not that often. However, i read the responses frequently. I love this TARGET forum, but it is difficult to read and find the deals, unless you read each response. Have you noticed that there is over 2400 replies? How can we suggest to GottaDeal, to divide Target up into individual forums? (.i.e. Food, Toys, Housewares, etc) Also, a week or so ago, i had asked someone how to put my city and state on my login? I don't know how to do it, still......And yet, I can't find the response, it was lost in the 2400 responses. Can someone send me personal instructions? PLEASE! FYI, I am in Shawnee, Kansas. HELP!!!!!!!

HELP.........I have been with this website for several years. I reply occassionally, but honestly not that often. However, i read the responses frequently. I love this TARGET forum, but it is difficult to read and find the deals, unless you read each response. Have you noticed that there is over 2400 replies? How can we suggest to GottaDeal, to divide Target up into individual forums? (.i.e. Food, Toys, Housewares, etc) Also, a week or so ago, i had asked someone how to put my city and state on my login? I don't know how to do it, still......And yet, I can't find the response, it was lost in the 2400 responses. Can someone send me personal instructions? PLEASE! FYI, I am in Shawnee, Kansas. HELP!!!!!!!

At the top left click on control panel and it has all the options to change and edit things on your profile and avatar. Not sure it would be a good idea to split things into different categories. That would make even more posts.

Edited by yellowjeepster

Go to the control panel, click 'edit your details', and go down the page to 'where you live' and enter the info, make sure to save.... :-)

I shop at the Vogel Target and haven't been very happy w/them either. I tried using a Target coupon and a manuf coupon on an item back in Aug. The cashier asked another cashier if they were allowed to take both and she said no. I had been reading on here about ppl being able to do that so I said I thought Target did. She said no. This was a cashier that is always there in the mornings w/short, kind of big hair and a tan. I think I know who everyone is talking about. She is usually nice but never shuts her mouth, lol.

The other day I was buying DD a shirt that was suppose to be 75% off. All the signs said 75% off but this shirt and the others like it had only 30% off tags. I even mentioned it to a couple of other ppl that had the same shirt in their cart. Well I go to checkout and I handed the shirt to her and said the sign says 75% off. She calls over the head cashier, a man and he says to type in 45% off after she scans it. I didn't say anything but later realized that wasn't right. It was suppose to be 75% off the original price not off of the 30% price. So I over paid around $1.

I can tell they have new ppl working the registers lately and I'm tired of all the screwups and miscommunications as far as clearance signs and the way items are marked and such. I dread walking into the Vogel Target now. Can't believe they would limit how much merchandise you could buy, absolutely insane.

A little hint I learned on here. Target's clearance signs always say 'up to (enter percentage off here).' It is in small lettering and if you don't sit and read the whole sign you'd miss it. Somebody on here pointed that out once. So anyways, it stinks but that's how they suck you in.

A little hint I learned on here. Target's clearance signs always say 'up to (enter percentage off here).' It is in small lettering and if you don't sit and read the whole sign you'd miss it. Somebody on here pointed that out once. So anyways, it stinks but that's how they suck you in.

Also, people pick up items from one clearance rack and just put it away somewhere else. Personally, our Target is one of the better ones, they are usually right on when marking down items and it has a sticker. Once in a blue moon, you will scan something and its bumped to the next % off. If you scan something and its 30% but on the 75% off rack, most likely it was misplaced by a customer. I find things misplaced all over the store, I know I am guilty of that, where I decide not to buy something and instead of going all the way back to that area, I leave it on an endcap (don't do it often but I have done it). I do try not to leave it on a clearance one if it isn't clearanced though.

BTW on PB episode, Walmart sells Jif in two packs, my husband eats 2 Pb&J's everyday, so yes we go through alot of PB. They didn't want to sell you because of the deal you were getting, I am not sure why some employees think that the company is losing money, they are reimbursed for the coupon plus I think some extra cents, add that by a half million people and they are making money. I ran into that problem with cold medicine, I had some coupons that were expiring so I wanted to buy three (this was at Walmart) and they couldn't sell me the three??? The cashier just did two and than anothe order for the third but I was shocked, than she explained why. Wow, was I ever out of touch, would never have guessed it.

Ooooooh!! Yeah it probably does say up to on the signs. Guess I'm just so use to getting the best clearance price listed at Target. Everything else was 75% off though on everything in the clothes so I just thought they forgot to scan those shirts.

If anyone the St.Louis area sees the Barbie golf clubs under $26 please let me know. My DGD has started golfing with my SIL and would love these. Thanks!

I can't believe they have been that horrible to both of you guys that posted about the Vogel store! I will keep my eye out for them. But, I think my Target trips will be limited for awhile!

I am seeing all these people on here shopping at the Vogel store. Is that why I am not getting any good deals lately?? I see one woman pretty often when I am in there, now I am wondering if it is one of you GD'ers! LOL

They didn't want to sell you because of the deal you were getting, /QUOTE]

That's exactly what the problem was. They were worried that I was committing coupon fraud. Whatever. Like I said. I just stay away during the week days.

Stlmom, I've seen women perimeter shopping too and have always want to ask if they are a GDer. Maybe next time I will! Oh, and I never find my big bargains at Vogel. They are usually sold out of things I want/need.

I checked the signs out today and the ones at our store had that (UP TO) but they also have DIFFERENT signs saying 75% off or MORE (or xx% off or more).......so yes, very tricky and a great way to sucker people-especially if you aren't paying attention when you check out.....When I have had problems is when there is a sign and SEVERAL of an item in a certain area (was really bad at Christmas time) where they try to act like I moved things and put them there on purpose! Uh, no I didn't move 80 boxes of crackers just to get them 1/2 off! I also noticed they have the irish spring body wash that I got after christmas in the bulk section for 15% off now! I got them for 75% off right after Christmas......thought I hit the jackpot but no such luck there......think they were 4.xx at our store and I paid 1.xx.......

Edited by 1angelnhvn

My trip today:

Returned the are Easle and got the Art table instead.

Crayola Cutter Pirates - $4.xx

Star Wars Set - $7.xx

Some of the sports stuff was 50%

I searched for that movie projecter I saw last week and it was gone :(

Diapers had been marked down 30% but in front of a sign that said 15%

Other than that, not a big day

They didn't want to sell you because of the deal you were getting, /QUOTE]

That's exactly what the problem was. They were worried that I was committing coupon fraud. Whatever. Like I said. I just stay away during the week days.

Stlmom, I've seen women perimeter shopping too and have always want to ask if they are a GDer. Maybe next time I will! Oh, and I never find my big bargains at Vogel. They are usually sold out of things I want/need.

funny, I go every morning before work to the Brentwood Promenade store and also see another lady always doing the permiter game with me...sometimes, we try and outwalk each other to make sure the other person isn't getting the deal before we can scope it out...I am there every morning between 8:00-8:30 or between 12:00-1:00...:D Today I got two of the flannel sheet sets by DYR (purple with penguins and scarfs) for $4.98, found them in twin and full, a Transformers flannel throw for $4.98, a Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Bathroom Cleaner for $8.xx after Q, and the Schick Quattro Razor for Women gift set for $1.58 after Q. Also, if you check their purse and accessories end caps, lots of clearance on the costume fashion jewelry, scarfs, hats, gloves, and purses..saw some really cute purses for $3.xx and got some Angora Wool socks for $.74, and some necklaces for $2.28 (orig. $7.89), Lots of clothes clearance as well. They did have the camping gear, sleeping bags, tents and such on clearance as well as the blue golf sets and golf balls, but no Hello Kitty. Dyson still holding at $339.00 and there is one sewing machine left on clearance for $36.xx, but has not case, booklet, or accessories..also looked like it was missing the bobbin holder..so I passed on that one. Nice clearance on candles and candle holders (from about $1.24-$3.xx) and were cute bird cage candle holder looking thingys. HTH

I just joined up but I did find a great tool, I use the Search This Thread for what I need to look up and it shows all of the posts that have that keyord or phrase in it.

Yesterday I went and they had some toys on a endcap that I know were included in the big toy clearence they did not have stickers so I scanned them and I got a barbie for 1.48 the pet vet org. 15.00 for 3.75 and the pick up sticks cards and marble game set for 2.50! I also got a pair of slippers for 1.98. I am still waiting for the wagon to go down. It was at 50% off. We had two playhouse still 50% off. A ton of clothes are clearenced got my son a light weight jacket for 2.50. The whole back wall in our girls section was 75% off. I got my daughter shirts for 1.98 and jackets for 3.24.

I can't believe they have been that horrible to both of you guys that posted about the Vogel store! I will keep my eye out for them. But, I think my Target trips will be limited for awhile!

I am seeing all these people on here shopping at the Vogel store. Is that why I am not getting any good deals lately?? I see one woman pretty often when I am in there, now I am wondering if it is one of you GD'ers! LOL

Ok STL women, stop shopping at the Vogel Target, lol. I live right by it so that is the only reason I am stuck shopping there. The next time I see someone cruising the end caps I am going to say Gotta Deal and see if they give me a weird look or say HI!!! Might be kind of strange, lol.

Okay, I really believe the markdown team at my Target has been abducted by aliens. I haven't seen them at work in literally 2 weeks now. Today I found 4 wreath storage bags on an endcap. They were regular $6.99 and rang up $4.99. Cosmetic sets and such are still 15%, those darn flannel sheets are still $13.98, and bulk is still FULL price.

Do I win a prize for officially having the worst clearance in the country?

Each month, there is a new board started. There are probably a lot of posts this month because of the after Christmas and toy clearance. I don't know if I'm just speaking for myself or not, but I like to hear about EVERYTHING Target is marking down and splitting up the forum would be very frustrating and time consuming. TPTB have already said they don't want us to discuss coupons, and I really miss hearing about coupon deals. Hang in there, most of the time there aren't this many posts.

Okay, I really believe the markdown team at my Target has been abducted by aliens. I haven't seen them at work in literally 2 weeks now. Today I found 4 wreath storage bags on an endcap. They were regular $6.99 and rang up $4.99. Cosmetic sets and such are still 15%, those darn flannel sheets are still $13.98, and bulk is still FULL price.

Do I win a prize for officially having the worst clearance in the country?

Wow, I would say so!!! I thought mine was slow. Do they have there valentines stuff out?

i shop at the haggarty/8mile usually~~by chance was this one of the stores?? i am still trying to find the inline skates 75 off --did you happen to see any of these?? thanks!

I checked the Canton store for you today and the inlines are all 50% and selling fast. They had them near the toys and on the skates aisle. HTH

Each month, there is a new board started. There are probably a lot of posts this month because of the after Christmas and toy clearance. I don't know if I'm just speaking for myself or not, but I like to hear about EVERYTHING Target is marking down and splitting up the forum would be very frustrating and time consuming. TPTB have already said they don't want us to discuss coupons, and I really miss hearing about coupon deals. Hang in there, most of the time there aren't this many posts.

I too feel the same way and love to hear about everyones great deals they find. I then try and find the same deal and know ahead of time what to look for and where!!!:yup:

I agree...I like hearing about all of the deals. Of course, this just gives me more reason to go to Target. :)

At the Targets in Tucson, the wire racks are on sale this week. These are great for putting all of our finds from Target. :) I'm buying two more for my garage.

They are a pain to put together (definitely easier with two people) but they hold a lot and are very sturdy.

If you really didn't want to read everything, although that to me is all part of the fun. There are several sites that summarize these and various other boards. One is http://www.schumanfamily.com/fatwallet/targetUPC.html. It hasn't been mentioned in a while here. I think there are others but I don't have them bookmarked.

My trip today:

Returned the are Easle and got the Art table instead.

Crayola Cutter Pirates - $4.xx

Star Wars Set - $7.xx

Some of the sports stuff was 50%

I searched for that movie projecter I saw last week and it was gone :(

Diapers had been marked down 30% but in front of a sign that said 15%

Other than that, not a big day

Thanks for the info, I've been waiting for diapers to go 30%. I would prefer 50% but they are always gone by then!