Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

So whats our next big clearance fun? Is it the outdoor/sports stuff??

Can I just say that after we got a few 75% off toys last night I was crusing the end caps & my hubby actually got into it with me! He found a coors light bar set & thought that was soo cool for 75 off. The next store we went to I went straight to toys, I called him to see where he went. Ohh he was just crusing the end caps!!! LOL He even told me we should do that more often because it was fun & we got great deals.

:gdflasher: <-- I didnt know half of those smilies existed!!! This one cracks me up!

Was this regularly 199.99? I saw a play house yesterday at the Target in Hillard Ohio that was reg. 199.99 marked down to 49.99. I didn't have any room at all in my van for it though.

Love2shopca

Please post when you see this go down...I want to purchase 2. This is the big white one right? I think it was trimmed in red & blue and the actual house was white.

I got to Target yesterday at 8:10 and it was just me and two other people.

Little People Airport 4.98

Lego Racers 12.48

Magnetix 10.07

IDog and Case x2 7.36

Lego Creator x3 @3.74

Nerf PS2 Controller 6.24

Hot Wheels Chrome 7.48

Big Trouble 4.97

Gas Caps 1.98

Nerf Atom 1.48

Baby I'm Yours Doll 3.72

Gadgets Pinpress 3.74

Bulls Eye Ball II 4.98

MiJam Drum Sticks 7.48

Dora Candyland 2.24

Little Tikes Basketball Hoop 6.98

Knex Serpent 14.98

Streakerz 2.58

Hot Wheels Maniacs 7.48

Mr Potato Spiderman 2.48

Parents Windups Water Toys 1.88

Parents Squirts 1.42

Way more then I planned to get when I went but I got everything I walked in there for!!!

was it actually all stuff that was marked down? I know that they do this, but they also keep carts to toss all the non-clearance stuff into. At the Duarte store they had three carts full of non-clearance. They also were consolidating at Burbank yesterday and were filling carts to do that. Just a thought....

Yeah, it was marked down stuff.

Stopped by Target on my way to work this morning got a few games for my 2 DD 10/12.

Electronic Price is Right $4.47

Electronic Family Fued $4.98

Clue DVD Game $6.67

Electronic 1 vs. 100 $3.75

I hope they want them!! If not they will go in the gift chest for friends B-day presents.

Not many toys left at my store, only 2 asiles, and most everything was too old for DS. So I got some toys for DH instead. :) Found a black and decker pressure washer for 39.99, reg. 169.99 and a stanley tool chest (the one with the drawers on wheels) for 24.99, reg. 99.99.

I saw this too. I didn't mind at all at the first one where MOST of the mark down team were super nice and helpful. They had brought back extra carts for the customers in case they needed another one and were willing to price check things. So for them, I was happy they were able to get in on the great deals.

However, I wasn't so thrilled at a couple other stores. Employees marking down other things around the store were pulling along a cart load of toys as they worked. That just seemed kind of weird. I guess if they are in fact allowed to get some stuff while marking down then they should also be allowed to pay for it and run it out to there car or at least take it to the backroom or something.

Really I think they should be allowed to do this, could you imagine working there and seeing all those deals and not being able to buy it til all of us went thru it. They were buying cartloads at the Boardman store but I think they deserve it first. Just my opnion.

I saw this too. I didn't mind at all at the first one where MOST of the mark down team were super nice and helpful. They had brought back extra carts for the customers in case they needed another one and were willing to price check things. So for them, I was happy they were able to get in on the great deals.

However, I wasn't so thrilled at a couple other stores. Employees marking down other things around the store were pulling along a cart load of toys as they worked. That just seemed kind of weird. I guess if they are in fact allowed to get some stuff while marking down then they should also be allowed to pay for it and run it out to there car or at least take it to the backroom or something.

I'm not sure that I care if they are getting in on the goodies, BUT, they need to get their stuff outta sight of the customers and outta the way of the customers. Again, my feeling is that Target customers shouldn't have to "fight" with the ON DUTY employees to buy stuff in the store. If they are in uniform and WORKING the aisles and a customer wants something in their cart, in my opinion, it's unfortunate for them and they need to say "sure, here you go." or get the cart out of the way and to the back room. It just looks bad. If I was a manager, THAT would be my policy.

Alright, I did decide to trek up to the other store...and I was glad! It was pretty stripped clean, but I did manage to find:

The bathroom for Dora's house for $3.74!!!

3 more I can play piano cartridges for $3.74 each

a dora/diego aquadoodle for $9.72

A crayola castle/clay making thingy for $4.98

Not too shabby...i'm super excited about the Dora house bathroom...it was the last set we "needed"!!!:D

Yes, I'm pretty sure that's the one. It was on the back toy wall on the riser, above the board games. I think it says ages 1 1/2 to 5

Is the IM-ME junk as in you wouldn't pay $50 for it junk or would you consider it to have some fun appeal for $16.xx? I just picked up a couple today for my kiddos and if it's really bad junk, I should return it. :shock: Any other insights on that particular toy?

The reason I say it's junk is this...my DD friend bought it and gave her one of them. THat was a couple of months ago...they never got them to work. I will say that I never really looked at it. DD friends older bro (tech saavy) was going to try to get them to work. Don't know if he ever looked at it or not. THat's why I said it's junk. It may be nice for all I know. I guess I shouldn't have been so hasty to put up a review on something I don't know a lot about! SORRY! However, I would NEVER have paid the orig. price of $70-something but at $16...yeah sure! :cool: