Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

silly question, but why do some people's scanners come up "INF" and some "NIF?" Mine comes up "NIF" which I always thought meant "Not In File" but now I am wondering if that is not right since other stores have INF. Maybe our store just flipped the letters by mistake and never fixed it! Like I said, silly question, but just curious! :)

(I work in software development and "Not In File" or NIF is the standard shorthand for when something is not found on a file read - maybe this is a regional thing, lol!)

Both my stores come up "Item Not Found". They don't even bother with abbreviations.

I have a question about the N Power Fussion and Disney max....can you use disney movie cartridges in the NPower Fussion, and the Npower movie cartridges in :)the Disney max? And does anyone know that if they are still making the movie cartridges for them both? I've seen them clearanced at Target and I was wondering if I would even be able to buy movies for the NPower Fussion if the movie cartridges were clearanced because they were discontinued...:confused:

I bought a clearance Npower Avatar card to see if it would play in my DD Creative Zen. It didn't work. I thought it might work since the Zen uses SD cards for memory expansion. I wonder if you have to have a special software/operating system to use them.

I have a question about the N Power Fussion and Disney max....can you use disney movie cartridges in the NPower Fussion, and the Npower movie cartridges in :)the Disney max? And does anyone know that if they are still making the movie cartridges for them both? I've seen them clearanced at Target and I was wondering if I would even be able to buy movies for the NPower Fussion if the movie cartridges were clearanced because they were discontinued...:confused:

The Fusion cards and the Disney Mix Max cards are NOT compatible. I tried.

What movies did they have for it? I have only been able to find Spongebob Vol. 1, and music clips, but I have not been able to find other movies (I have looked everywhere on the internet too and can't find what type of movies are out there.)

THere have never been many. I did find, however, this software that you can buy to do your own DVD conversions. I have not used it and am not endorsing it, but it is out there:

http://www.pocketdvdwizard.com/nick.html

Any Baby deals right now? My friend just found out at age 33 she is pregnant with twin boys! They aren't in the greatest of financial situations right now so want to help out. I now in the past there has been great baby deals, but never needed to go in that section until now!

I have had really good luck taking INF items to Customer Service and not having any problems. I've had more problems when I take it up to the cashier. There is also one manager that has helped me (when I found the roaster for $8.74) and he is always willing to help. I guess it just varies from Target to Target.

Any Baby deals right now? My friend just found out at age 33 she is pregnant with twin boys! They aren't in the greatest of financial situations right now so want to help out. I now in the past there has been great baby deals, but never needed to go in that section until now!

We are also expecting and I have have not found anything clearance wise in the baby section lately. However, all the garage sales and mom of twins/triplets re-sales are starting up in our area and this is a great time to hit them for good finds. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the tips on the INF products. I am going back today.

I have had really good luck taking INF items to Customer Service and not having any problems. I've had more problems when I take it up to the cashier. There is also one manager that has helped me (when I found the roaster for $8.74) and he is always willing to help. I guess it just varies from Target to Target.

See, our checkers have no idea and call the CS person over every time. I thought I would just save them the time. :no: There is one manager there that has no problem taking my offers. I am hoping she is there today and I have better luck!

can you download movies from the internet onto both?

Yes you can, just type in Disney Mix Max and there are some great sites to help you get there. Also maybe type in dvd's to SD cards (which is how I would rip the DVD's too, than it can be removed and not take up so much memory)

After Valentines day I purchased Kodak Gallery gift cards for 75% off....but the cashier did not activate them, and when I went to customer service they said the cashier should not have marked them down and they "couldnt" activate them for me, and told me I should return them. I said no, I'd contact Kodak to have them activated. Well Kodak told me they couldnt activate them and to take them back to Target.....Anyone else have this problem?? Any suggestions on what to do? I really dont want to have to return them because I got a great deal on them....:(

i second the post recommending consignment sales. some have 50% off final days. good for perfectly good clothes. but if you want special outfits or "stuff," shop earlier.

http://www.kidsconsignmentsales.com/ lists consignment sales by state.

you may also want to try kohls. (and they're having a sale now; it's listed on the home page.) especially their clearance section.

also helps to buy a season ahead--so, buying spring/summer on sale now for size kids will wear next year. it works once kids growth stabilizes--after the first year.

Thanks for the tips on the INF products. I am going back today.

See, our checkers have no idea and call the CS person over every time. I thought I would just save them the time. :no: There is one manager there that has no problem taking my offers. I am hoping she is there today and I have better luck!

I think the 'proper' way they are supposed to do it is look it up with their PDA thingy and it'll give them the last selling price. I guess some stores don't want to hassle with that. That's just laziness as far as I'm concerned.

I've played 'name your price' and have been lucky as well.

I hope you have better luck today. :)

The Fusion cards and the Disney Mix Max cards are NOT compatible. I tried.

I had purchased the Nickelodeon Power Fusion for dd8 b-day in july, and also purchased the Disney max clip movie "freaky Friday" and the "crazy Frog" (nickelodeon I think) digital music card to go along with it. Well I had to open it up and see if the disney max clip plays in the Nickelodeon media player before I give it to her in July (case I need to return it before my receipt expires) and YES, :yup: THE DISNEY MAX CLIP DOES PLAY IN THE N POWER FUSION!!! I dont know if maybe have an older model of the Npower fusion, but I have the Spongebob one. You may want to try it again, I had to go under "video" to have the video card to come up, then selected it....HTH :)

My friend has twins and I wouldn't worry about her not having clothes for the boys. She'll get tons if she has a baby shower and from other family and friends and if she works I'm sure co-workers.

If you really want to help your friend, get her diapers and wipes.

Went to Target with ds3 and dd1 after dd1 woke up from her nap...Deals of the day I purchased: the Hannah Montana In Concert Stage for $14.98, orig $59.99 ; got dh beef jerkey for $3.84, orig $7.69; the Crayola muticultural crayons for $.67, orig $2.69; got the dog bacon flavored chewey treats for $1.53, orig $6.14; a suet feeder station cage thingy for $.48, orig $1.99; and some Balance nutrition bars for $.56, orig $1.12.....oh, and I used the toy coupon for $5.00 off since my son also got a truck! I was just happy to get the Hannah Montana stage for 75% off so my mom can give it to my dd8 for her bday in july....

This is the response I got from Smith and Hawkens regarding the three pack of herbs in the ceramic pots that was recalled:

I have contacted Target who advised the reason the items were pulled from the shelf was due to a labelling issue. In the State Of New York, plant items are required to have a "sell by" date on the package. I appreciate your patience while I researched this matter.

Again, thank you for taking the time to let us know of your concerns. For immediate assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us at 800-776-5558 if we can be of any additional help to you.

Angela Fields

Customer Service Supervisor

Smith & Hawken Customer Service

Ref # 7007449

Target has some adorable little boy outfits from 3month-18months marked down 30%-75% off. Some winnie the pooh and some circo. They also have the 2 pack jammies for little ones 30% off. Also Kohls is having a 60-90% off try there. Target usually has at least one rack of mark downs in babys at all times.

All I really found today was 50% off toothpaste and some music books for kids that were 75%. I had to write about a funny find though...they had durex condoms on an endcap with a AS IS sticker on them. I did not check them out but I had to laugh. Not sure who will buy them! I am sure it was a box open or something but it was still worth a chuckle!

I went to target today and picked up 2 of the N power Fusions for 19.98 each! I am so excited! I got the spongebob ones. Now to get some things downloaded for my DS biday in August.

I would love to find a crazy frog card for his!!

At my target they had Naked Brothers Band movie cards but that was about it.

As far as big ticket items, they had a big baby clearance just a few months ago (strollers, pack and plays, changing tables, bouncy seats, etc) and I was able to get most of what I needed then. Seems like if I remember right they do it twice a year? Maybe July?? Not 100% sure.........seems like it was in conjunction with the big toy clearance dates but???.....

Does anyone know what day furniture is marked down? I'm not sure what category they fall under so the list on the first page isn't helping me. I'm looking at some of the clearance bar stools and would love to get them for less.

I think the 'proper' way they are supposed to do it is look it up with their PDA thingy and it'll give them the last selling price. I guess some stores don't want to hassle with that. That's just laziness as far as I'm concerned.

I've played 'name your price' and have been lucky as well.

I hope you have better luck today. :)

They can look up the last selling price on the cash register as well. However, some items are not in either place. Older items are completely removed from the system. The thing they are supposed to do is salvage the item, but most would rather increase their sales rather than let it go, and make a customer happy to boot. So they make it up. The ones who ask what the price is might come closer to laziness, but those are the ones most likely to be useful to us, so I certainly can't complain about that!

Does anyone know what day furniture is marked down? I'm not sure what category they fall under so the list on the first page isn't helping me. I'm looking at some of the clearance bar stools and would love to get them for less.

I think it is Thursdays with the Houseware Dept.

I hope so, I am also watching the bar stools.