Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

Anyone know when the Radio Flyer stuff will get cheaper? There's a "tricycle" type thing I want to get my son, but want to wait until it's a little more discounted. How long should I wait before heading back there?

BTW, the popcorn/soda combo where I live is $1.00. That popcorn bag is huge! I ate most of it while roaming around looking for great deals today. :D They had a big poster that advertised the combo deal. Thanks for letting me know about it. I loooooove popcorn....and I love a good deal!! :)

Yes I would definitely say the Radio Flyer stuff will go down, but those may be a hot item, with warm weather coming (hopefully!!!!) and so like a lot of people say on here, if it something you really want then get it. Of course there is always the option of saving the receipt and returning it if you find it cheaper later.

Had a great shopping trip yesterday. Got the puzzles everyone is talking about for 3.74 (name your price) THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THESE! and a dora ready bed for 7.xx, dora full comforter 9.xx and sheet set 6.xx.

OH and....MM Apples Juices .69!!! Was able to get 4 YAY!!!! I couldn't believe my eyes when I seen them.

Also got some DVD's AS IS one was Shark Tales for 3.74!!!!! I love AS IS'

And for those that wanted to know about makeup, some of it went down 75% some did not. I was able to get some neutrogena nail condition stuff was 5.99 for 1.46

And some No. 7 foundation from 11.99 to 2.98!

So overall pretty good trip, already told hubby we will be going to at least 3 Targets today. Really want to get another Ready Bed, I LOVE these for my kids!

Also need to look for Disney Princess Bday stuff dd bday in May and she would love this stuff. I did hear Party City has these on clearance too, so maybe if you can't get everything at Target you can go there.

Oh yeah I forgot the toy organizers at both stores I went to were still regular price. I don't know why they haven't even marked them down at all

Unfortunately you are probably seeing the new ones they have. They look exactly like the ones clearanced out but the box size is slightly different and they are full price, 59.99. Apparently the packaging changed and they clearanced out the old ones. My store had both last night and although they looked to be the same thing, the UPC and DCPI numbers are totally different. My store actually reshopped the area the clearance ones were in at 50% off, put the new ones where the old ones were, at full price of course, then 2 days later brought out the older clearanced ones and put them on an endcap in the center aisle directly across from the aisle the new ones were stocked in.

do you have the model # of the microwave?

Here's all the info off my microwave box..I got the white one.

Sharp 1.0cu ft,1100w

model # r 308kw

serial # 124681

red sticker

was $89.99 now $22.48

proof of purchase

#074000 612549

o.k.I hope this helps someone....In Indy at the Nora store they had about 6 of them on a back endcap in the appliance section.

Unfortunately you are probably seeing the new ones they have. They look exactly like the ones clearanced out but the box size is slightly different and they are full price, 59.99. Apparently the packaging changed and they clearanced out the old ones. My store had both last night and although they looked to be the same thing, the UPC and DCPI numbers are totally different. My store actually reshopped the area the clearance ones were in at 50% off, put the new ones where the old ones were, at full price of course, then 2 days later brought out the older clearanced ones and put them on an endcap in the center aisle directly across from the aisle the new ones were stocked in.

Here is a picture of the girl-colored storage bins that are clearanced out.

http://i26.tinypic.com/t8vptf.jpg

http://i27.tinypic.com/amr6rl.jpg

I think this is what the new ones look like:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51zB7MZUW7L._SS260_.jpg

Anyone know when the Radio Flyer stuff will get cheaper? There's a "tricycle" type thing I want to get my son, but want to wait until it's a little more discounted. How long should I wait before heading back there?

If it's something you REALLY want, I would recommend you not wait. From my experiences, I've missed out on things by waiting for a better deal while at 30% off, it was still a good price. Like Hairstylin suggested, save your receipt and if you find it in stock at a more discounted price, then just repurchase it and return it with the higher receipt.

Here is a picture of the girl-colored storage bins that are clearanced out.

I think this is what the new ones look like:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51zB7MZUW7L._SS260_.jpg

Thanks for the clarification, I didnt notice the girl one was different colors cause my store never had any of the old girl style ones on clearance, only the boy ones. Thanks!

Be careful with this reference... there are plenty men on here how may object to being the member of a sorority. I do think its funny how we tend to think everyone here are women, there are several men I have seen posting though!!! Funny what you think you know about people from what they type and the fact that they shop!

I think its kind of funny how alot of people tends to think we are all women:)

ken

Other than the Princess organizer bins last night for 9.98, I also found (thought it was strange) 10- 6pack regular sized Mr. Goodbar candy bars with "as is" stickers... for .76 a pack... I bought all 10 of course because I make a LOT of east baskets, and thought they would be good for that, but I thought most of the "as is" stuff was returns.... also got 3 packs of "bath wipes for pets"... which basically look like baby wipes, but are to clean off their fee when they come in from outside so you don't have to ruin either your carpet, or a towel... never heard of them before, but thought I would give it a try since we always go to my mothers house who has about an acre, and my dog loves to be outside (ESPECIALLY in the mud) and because they had the "as is" stickers on them for only .96 orginally 3.99... Finally, I also got 2 really great art pieces from the GB... they are 2 different "4 piece wall art set"... Basically they are the 4 small canvases that when you put them together makes a whole picture... WHICH I LOVE!!!! One is of a building with statue in (i assume) "Italy"... and the other is looking down on again what looks to be like a classic city with great buildings... They are Wonderful, and I can't wait to hang them... only 17.xx each originally 69.99!!! Another GREAT Day at Target!!!

I was at my Target yesterday and all the Global Bazar stuff was coming up item not found. They were packing all of it up. I grabbed the three things I've had my eye on and told the cashier what the signs said and she rang them up accordingly. They still had a bunch of stuff left. Even tables, chairs, shelves, lamps, mirrors, ect. I was shocked.

I was at my Target yesterday and all the Global Bazar stuff was coming up item not found. They were packing all of it up. I grabbed the three things I've had my eye on and told the cashier what the signs said and she rang them up accordingly. They still had a bunch of stuff left. Even tables, chairs, shelves, lamps, mirrors, ect. I was shocked.

Personally I think they moved this collection through too fast, now they got the patio stuff out, ok, great for Ca or Fl but we are in Montana, we definitely aren't going to be buying patio stuff for at least 2 more months. I know I don't want to buy something that I cannot put outside yet. Whats the rush! LOL

Whoa. Salvaging GB already? Salvaging GB returns as well? That's crazy. They must really want the stuff out of there. I know GB has gone 90% off in the past (I got a huge, carved frame mirror - at least 3'x4' for $14.98) but I think the seasonal-type clearances have been a little different the past couple years. It peeves me a bit that automatic clearances are not so straightforward and automatic anymore!

I am still so bummed about the cupcake photo clips :(.

Anyhoo :).

I was very busy yesterday and didn't get a chance to hit any Targets. MOST of the stuff I wanted (sheets) I already got at several Targets. There wasn't much from GB that I wanted, and I honestly didn't see too much big furniture (where I think the best deals are) left after the first couple weeks or so. People (despite the economy) seem to still be buying this stuff. Most of what I saw left on the shelves the last couple weeks has been decorative items, and throw pillows, and the smaller stuff. There were some of the big tall bamboo vases left. And some non-descript-looking wool rugs (5'x'8'). I hear those things shed CONTINUALLY, much more than even a typical wool rug.

Will make some rounds today and see what there is to see. :)

Whoa. Salvaging GB already? Salvaging GB returns as well? That's crazy. They must really want the stuff out of there. I know GB has gone 90% off in the past (I got a huge, carved frame mirror - at least 3'x4' for $14.98) but I think the seasonal-type clearances have been a little different the past couple years. It peeves me a bit that automatic clearances are not so straightforward and automatic anymore!

I am still so bummed about the cupcake photo clips :(.

Anyhoo :).

I was very busy yesterday and didn't get a chance to hit any Targets. MOST of the stuff I wanted (sheets) I already got at several Targets. There wasn't much from GB that I wanted, and I honestly didn't see too much big furniture (where I think the best deals are) left after the first couple weeks or so. People (despite the economy) seem to still be buying this stuff. Most of what I saw left on the shelves the last couple weeks has been decorative items, and throw pillows, and the smaller stuff. There were some of the big tall bamboo vases left. And some non-descript-looking wool rugs (5'x'8'). I hear those things shed CONTINUALLY, much more than even a typical wool rug.

Will make some rounds today and see what there is to see. :)

I got that same mirror for that price last year, I love it!

I think its kind of funny how alot of people tends to think we are all women:)

ken

I'm sorry, Ken. I didn't mean to be a sexist. ;) I guess when I think of people shopping, I think of only we women. lol

Oh my god! there are men on this forum looking for great deals. :) I did not know such great men existed. My DH goes to the first store that he can find and gets what he needs without checking the price. I wish he would start looking for deals too, will take the load off me :D

Oh my god! there are men on this forum looking for great deals. :) I did not know such great men existed. My DH goes to the first store that he can find and gets what he needs without checking the price. I wish he would start looking for deals too, will take the load off me :D

ditto. a man? who let a man in here?! lol! :shock::D

I did my monthly Target run today where I stock up with my 10% off card and I did find some nice clearance deals too. My favorite was the hidden tube of Valentine My little Ponies. Cashier had no idea what to do (NIF) so I got them for $.60. Not a shred left anywhere else of V-day stuff so I guess it was someone's stash.

I also got several bath decor items in the cute green/brown monkey style - I was thinking that they might work for whoever was looking to add onto that crocodile soap pump! It seemed like the sinkware items and fingertip towels were 75% off, but the larger towels only 30% and the shower curtain not at all.. weird!

I did get some Disney princess party stuff today - some went down to 50% but some still at 30%. I was wrong when I posted before that Hello Kitty was on clearance too - it is on the same shelf but not on sale at all...

I didn't need any of the GB stuff but if you are in my area, head on over! It is 75% off and plenty left - even a stack of those nice looking desks... Only one aisle left but not picked through-looking at all..

The craft aisle near the school supplies also had many 50% off items, in the RoseArt section, as well as several photo albums and scrapbooks. I got a RoseArt clay set for $2.xx.

I did my monthly Target run today where I stock up with my 10% off card and I did find some nice clearance deals too. My favorite was the hidden tube of Valentine My little Ponies. Cashier had no idea what to do (NIF) so I got them for $.60. Not a shred left anywhere else of V-day stuff so I guess it was someone's stash.

I also got several bath decor items in the cute green/brown monkey style - I was thinking that they might work for whoever was looking to add onto that crocodile soap pump! It seemed like the sinkware items and fingertip towels were 75% off, but the larger towels only 30% and the shower curtain not at all.. weird!

I did get some Disney princess party stuff today - some went down to 50% but some still at 30%. I was wrong when I posted before that Hello Kitty was on clearance too - it is on the same shelf but not on sale at all...

I didn't need any of the GB stuff but if you are in my area, head on over! It is 75% off and plenty left - even a stack of those nice looking desks... Only one aisle left but not picked through-looking at all..

The craft aisle near the school supplies also had many 50% off items, in the RoseArt section, as well as several photo albums and scrapbooks. I got a RoseArt clay set for $2.xx.

Hi Cokemeyer'

Am near your town today. Went to Cockeysville target. Not much on clearance though.

So picked up a bunch of bras for about $3.74 each today, and found a Dora valentines box as well...when we checked out they wouldn't let us buy the valentines box saying it had all been boxed up and they couldnt sell it anymore (it was ok, i liked them more than my DD). Then the cashier said that it was about time I got the Target card since i'm in there every day! lol...when i left she said "see you tomorrow!" I think i have a habit....:yup:

Then we went to a different Target, found the Princess pinata for 30% off ($10.48) but bought it just in case. Got a fun picture frame with 3 pics and LIVE on the top (also only 30% off, $10.48, but i love it!). found 2 more of the Disney 3d puzzles!!! Was so excited, found a team member and they said it would be $7.48...I told them the other store gave them to me for $3.74, but she said they hadn't been marked down that far yet. I bought them anyways...it's still 75% off :cool:

My daughter saw the popcorn deal before we left and now she wants that the next time we go, lol...99 cents here though, so ok ;)

GB was really picked over here. Alot of bedding and bathroom stuf left, also toy organizers $14.98. They had the Margarita maker thing as well as other appliance floor models on clearance really cheap, they don't usually sell the models here. I got a king size electric blanket $90 marked down to $22.

Hi Cokemeyer'

Am near your town today. Went to Cockeysville target. Not much on clearance though.

hey there!! welcome to our not-so-snowy town where everyone gets off school anyway! :) I have lots of friends/family in Cockeysville.

yeah..kind of a slow time for clearance, eh?

I forgot to add to my post earlier that I also got three 5-inch plush care bears (2 pink and 1 green) for $.68 each. They were marked weird as if the original price had been $.89, which I know it couldn't have been - these would have been around $5-6. They don't seem to be Valentine's - could have even been left over from Christmas? Anyway, keep your eye out for them!

I had a great day at Target today as well. I found:

3 Sony 2 GB Digital media players 75% off $24.99 reg $99.99

2 each full/queen, twin, and king sizes fuzzy blankets 75% $12.48 reg $49.99

Nestle Treasures valentine candy 0.24

GB vases and matching bowls 75%

4 Photo collage frames $3.50 only 50% but really wanted them to do collage of daughter's senior pictures to present to grandparents and great grands

2 - 2pk red zone deoderant for $1.98

2 50ct wedding programs paper 30% $6.98 reg $9.99(again would've wait but nd for back up programs for a church gala.)

spiderman and hannah montana posters $1.48

faux fur throw 75% 12.48 reg 49.99

1 31 ct roseart paint markers 50% $6.48 reg 12.99

slim fast high protein meal on the go 6 ct bars 50% 2.50

various hair care and make up items 50%

junie b jones halloween book for .68

7 gerber graduates juice treats tropical flavor 30% 1.35 -.75 coupons

various size shades 75% $7.48 and 10.48

Think that covers it, I wanted more but cart was overflowing, will stop after church tomorrow. I hadn't been in a while(at least to that particular Target) and it's a clue we go alot when we know our cashiers by name but when they call you by name and ask how you been and they wonder where you been. :eek: I'm glad hubby wasn't with me, he already thinks I live there.

I found some things that I didn't even know I needed until I saw them at 75% off. I found some area rugs (75% off), a make your own bolster pillow and the cases (all 75% off), a pillow for the chair in my den (50% off), bought the Disney Princesses birthday stuff (30% off) for my Goddaughter's party. There had to have been more because I walked out of there with a whole shopping cart of items!

GB is completely dead at the stores I've been to.