Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

I went to one of my two targets today and on all the clearance clothes there were price cut signs saying that an additional 30% off would be taken at the register. It wasn't scanning with the extra 30% off they had to manually discount every piece. I asked the cashier and she said it was because they were such a big clothing store and they were making room for christmas stock. I can't imagine that this store is the only one. It was mens, womens, childrens, and infants. If you can imagine I was loading up:) Just thought some of you might want to check around for this.

Houston Galleria: Signs posted on the clearance clothes -- Extra 30% taken off at the register.

The Target down in your part of the world is not the same company. They only license the name and symbol, etc. They do some joint buying for exclusives, but otherwise they are completely different companies with different management.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Target_(Australia)

Actually we don't have ANY Targets stores in New Zealand at all , we are not part of Australia lol.

I was asking because my daughter and I are in LA for 8 days , we arrive on Thanksgiving day. I loveeeeee to hit up Target whenever I am in LA.

X-box 360 items clearanced. Got my son a illuminating stand for the 360 w/ holders for his wireless controllers for 8.24 each. Regularly 29.99 (left one)

Face plates on clearance too

games (but only at 20.98 right now)

Hard drives

Ooo, wish ours had a hard drive, just saw a steering wheel thingy

X-box 360 items clearanced. Got my son a illuminating stand for the 360 w/ holders for his wireless controllers for 8.24 each. Regularly 29.99 (left one)

Face plates on clearance too

games (but only at 20.98 right now)

Hard drives

What hard drives do they have? I am dying to get my hands on one of these for a deal but never find anything at my store. I will look in the morning, but would love to know what I am looking for. :)

Anyone else having trouble with the DCPI lookup? No matter what I put in it says is can't recognize it. This has been the case for a couple of weeks. I have tried it with clearance and regular DCPIs and even tried things I know they have in my store. Nothing works.

Actually we don't have ANY Targets stores in New Zealand at all , we are not part of Australia lol.

I was asking because my daughter and I are in LA for 8 days , we arrive on Thanksgiving day. I loveeeeee to hit up Target whenever I am in LA.

Sorry about that. Knew that Kiwis & Aussies were different species, but thought the chain might cross that bit of water down there. :yup::yup:

Well, if you are coming to the States it is another story. Yes, generally the bargains are on the end caps around the perimeter of the store. But they are not there exclusively. Sometimes you'll find things in the aisles as well. Just look for those telltale orange/red tags. What part of LA is your daughter in? There is probably someone on here who shops her closest Target(s). I'm in Pasadena and hit all the stores within about 15 miles of me. :-)

Anyone else having trouble with the DCPI lookup? No matter what I put in it says is can't recognize it. This has been the case for a couple of weeks. I have tried it with clearance and regular DCPIs and even tried things I know they have in my store. Nothing works.

Well I never knew about the DCPI site thing until last week...and I haven't had anything come up but the same message as you. . .. even though I checked about 10 different codes..

Hi all. ( NEW HERE)

I went to my Target in QNS NY and they had really nothing at all Halloween, and if they had something it did not come up 75% off you had to speak with someone at cus service and have them take off the %. It was crazy to do, for really not much..:(

Hi all. ( NEW HERE)

I went to my Target in QNS NY and they had really nothing at all Halloween, and if they had something it did not come up 75% off you had to speak with someone at cus service and have them take off the %. It was crazy to do, for really not much..:(

It is usually all removed within a day or so after it goes 90%. It is not surprising that it was almost all gone.

We will be staying at the Sofitel across from the Beverly Centre. My daughter is coming with me , she doesn't live in LA :) I was there in 05 and 06.

Don't tell anyone but I bought my bag for the Emmy Red Carpet at TARGET 2 hours before we had to jump in the limo ( long story lol)

We will be staying at the Sofitel across from the Beverly Centre. My daughter is coming with me , she doesn't live in LA :) I was there in 05 and 06.

Don't tell anyone but I bought my bag for the Emmy Red Carpet at TARGET 2 hours before we had to jump in the limo ( long story lol)

Uhhh.... lemee guess, you're Nicole Kidman? OR Russell Crowe (who carries a "Man"bag??)...

ooorrrr, Rachel Hunter??

the Crocodile Hunter!? :)

We'd love for someone famous to grace our board. :yup:

Welcome (hopefully you have a sense of humor)... I am totally kiddin'

Hmmm....not my part of town, unfortunately, though they used to host the Emmys here in Pasadena a lot. Maybe they'll come back when they finish renovating the convention center. I can't help you with that part of town, but do enjoy your trip! I'd love to visit New Zealand one of these days! It is so gorgeous in pictures!

hey everyone, i havent seen this mentioned yet...the Hannah Montana (purple) guitar is 50% off at one of my targets making it about $45. If anyone sees it go down to 75% off please tell me!!! We have at least 8 of them on the shelf so i'm going to press my luck (no whammy, no whammy, STOP):o

Speaking of which, what would a musical instruments mark down day be technically???

[Kiwishopper,

Are you starting to think that none of us actually knows the difference between Australia and New Zealand? I would love to go to both, but New Zealand is my dream!

Have fun in LA!/QUOTE]

LOL I am used to it ;)

I will have fun in LA I always do. I am beginning to think I might just hide in the hotel until after Black Friday. I just saw videos of some people running into stores. it is crazy !!

This isn't a clearance item, but while perusing the toy department today, they have the basic Planet Heroes characters, regular $9.99, for $3.50 each!!!! And they have a new character, "Star," and have modified some of the original characters with metallic accents...so I picked up Star and a modified Ace, because he came with a new accessory for my oldest, since he wasn't with me...luckily the little one doesn't have a big mouth! ;)

hey everyone, i havent seen this mentioned yet...the Hannah Montana (purple) guitar is 50% off at one of my targets making it about $45. If anyone sees it go down to 75% off please tell me!!! We have at least 8 of them on the shelf so i'm going to press my luck (no whammy, no whammy, STOP):o

Speaking of which, what would a musical instruments mark down day be technically???

I think that some stores clearanced this out a month or so ago with the camp rock guitars.. All of the stores in my area were sold out except 1. Went to that store and it wasnt on clearance there... I may have to recheck now.

Stacya - I have actually picked up FIVE of those Planet Heroes action figures for my two little boys... They're labeled "Temporary Price Cut" because I think, as you mentioned, Fisher-Price has released "new" versions of these toys... once Target stocks the "new" versions they'll be 9.99 again. But I shopped at several different Targets to pick up the five that I found. :)