Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

FWIW, Horizon is not a brand I buy. I'm not a fan of their "organic" practices, and there's been a boycott of them for a while now.

Check this link out for the details:

http://www.thenation.com/doc/20060911/featherstone

Yes, I believe the ultra-pasteurization process is what allows for the monthslong expiration date.

Thanks, that is very interesting. I do not buy organic. I've just not been convinced that the non organic stuff is all THAT bad. That said, if something organic happens to be a great deal, than I'm all for it! LOL :) 9 cents for a carton of milk in my kids lunch is perhaps a nice healthy improvement to a juice box- (That's what I'm telling myself anyway). I guess I just today started wondering how the heck the stuff can last so long and still be "considered" (or marketed anyway) as so much better for you than 'regular milk'. I mean some Targets have these little Horizon milks for $1.50 each! I have a couple stores near me that have them at $1.09 though. Maybe a bit of a gimmick, eh? I'll take 'em for a few pennies though.

I got my DH a Datrek golf bag with the individual slots for each club for 29.48 (50%) plus it has a tag for free mag subscriptions that you can mail in for a cash refund instead of accepting the mags. It says the value of each sub is $12 so if I get a check back for 24 it will only cost $5.48! He was asking for this for xmas so it is a great price regardless!

The UHT milk does have a different taste to it I think

Yup! I used to buy it in Hong Kong when I lived in Mainland China to take back after holidays. It was nice to have some real milk available during the year, but it definitely had a slightly different taste. I haven't ever had any reason to keep it around since I have been back in the US. I wouldn't want to drink it in my lunch, though. I just have my kids buy their milk at the cafeteria when they pack a lunch (or they take a MM juice box!).

Yup! I used to buy it in Hong Kong when I lived in Mainland China to take back after holidays. It was nice to have some real milk available during the year, but it definitely had a slightly different taste. I haven't ever had any reason to keep it around since I have been back in the US. I wouldn't want to drink it in my lunch, though. I just have my kids buy their milk at the cafeteria when they pack a lunch (or they take a MM juice box!).

I thought it tasted real good... at least the lowfat plain milk that I tried. We are used to skim and I was pretty hesitant about trying it. I have a favorite brand of milk that I rarely deviate from, but it tasted just like the stuff we drink by the gallon at home. I've been buying my kids the chocolate singles for lunches. Nine cents is cheaper than the 40 cents they pay for a carton at school...although a bit more per box than the cheap minute maids, but healthier I guess. It stayed really cold too. I was surprised. :yup:

Ok my husband is going to kill me. I bought ANOTHER coffee maker- this one is the Hamilton Beach BrewStation Pro. It was 69.99 originally but I paid 17.48 for it!

The DCPI is 072 08 0221.

Does anyone have this coffee maker? Do you like it?

I also got a toothbrush UV sterlilizer travel thingy. It was 29.99 and I paid 7.xx for it.

I travel so much, this will get a workout.

Not bad for a 20 minute target lunch spree. :gdclock:

I have been a member of GottaDeal for a little over a year now and this is my first post. I want to thank all of you for the great Targer deals that I have been able to get.:)

Well, we're honored you chose to make your first post HERE, in PP! Welcome!! :) This is really nice group of people!! :yup:

Ok my husband is going to kill me. I bought ANOTHER coffee maker- this one is the Hamilton Beach BrewStation Pro. It was 69.99 originally but I paid 17.48 for it!

The DCPI is 072 08 0221.

I also got a toothbrush UV sterlilizer travel thingy. It was 29.99 and I paid 7.xx for it.

I am newer to the Target Perusing thread--I have not checked my local Target yet, because I wasn't clear that what these people post was available at 1, a few, or most Target's...

So should I just figure that it is most Target stores, WHILE Supplies LAST ?

I don't mind searching a bit in the store for stuff, but I don't want to be running there and wasting fuel....

The coffee maker sounds like a fantastic deal, hope someone has good comments on it..:)

The DCPI is 072 08 0221.

Is it the kind where the coffee stays inside the machine, and you dispense your coffee by pushing the lever with your coffee cup (such as the soda dispensers at McDonald's, or the like)? I'm thinking that's the one we have, but I'm too lazy to go downstairs and look right now...if that's the one, it's a decent one...dh is the big coffee drinker, and he got it because his mom had one of them, and he liked it...it must be OK, because my sister thought enough of it to get one for herself, too...

Is it the kind where the coffee stays inside the machine, and you dispense your coffee by pushing the lever with your coffee cup (such as the soda dispensers at McDonald's, or the like)? I'm thinking that's the one we have, but I'm too lazy to go downstairs and look right now...if that's the one, it's a decent one...dh is the big coffee drinker, and he got it because his mom had one of them, and he liked it...it must be OK, because my sister thought enough of it to get one for herself, too...

Yep, that's the one. Glad to hear ya'll like it.. Thanks for the input!:yup:

I am newer to the Target Perusing thread--I have not checked my local Target yet, because I wasn't clear that what these people post was available at 1, a few, or most Target's...

I don't mind searching a bit in the store for stuff, but I don't want to be running there and wasting fuel....

The coffee maker sounds like a fantastic deal, hope someone has good comments on it..:)

Hi!

Unfortunately it depends on the individual store, their clearance schedule and their inventory. I gave the DCPI on it so you can punch it in on the red scanners in your store to see if there are any in stock. That will save you time hunting for it if it's not in stock. (although in my opinion that's the fun part!)

You could also call the store with the DCPI but I know a lot of GD'ers that have called for a lookup, the employee saw how cheap it was, and it went missing, etc. YMMV on that.

You should stick around on this thread, you'll be addicted to Target in no time!

:D

We're all just regular folks here from all over the place, and everyone just posts what they have seen at their own local Target(s). You never know if your store will have the same item or the same clearance schedule, but that's what makes it fun! :)

It really depends on the store. I was confused at first too. But I am in Mobile Alabama and what someone posts in another state is usually at my store too. Look at all of the end caps through out the entire store. Look for things that have a red sticker on them and scan everything.

And it's very addicting. I love frinding deals. The holidays, school and summer clearance is for the most part in the same schedules. Around the same time for everyone. Same the the back to school toy clearance. Those are the best and if you can hold out, wait for the 75% to come.

FWIW, Horizon is not a brand I buy. I'm not a fan of their "organic" practices, and there's been a boycott of them for a while now.

Check this link out for the details:

http://www.thenation.com/doc/20060911/featherstone

Yes, I believe the ultra-pasteurization process is what allows for the monthslong expiration date.

True (I refuse to buy that brand and organic valley who is not as corupt but they don't have as many checks and balances since they are so big) but I would love to find that deal in case of a natural or not so natural disaster.

The DCPI is 072 08 0221.

This is a great coffee maker! We have it and my parents do and we LOVE it. That is a great price you got it for too. We actually went to a nice resort a couple months after we bought ours and in all of the rooms in the resort they had these too. They are nice because the coffee stays warm and if you want some later in the day you just push the button and it warms right back up.

Today the "green" dot dollar items were 30% off. The sign said until the 29th. I have never noticed it to go 30% first. Does anyone know if it will be 50% on thurs instead of the usual 75% off?

It has always been 50% off on sunday, then 75% off on the following thursday. Did they change it?

Today the "green" dot dollar items were 30% off. The sign said until the 29th. I have never noticed it to go 30% first. Does anyone know if it will be 50% on thurs instead of the usual 75% off?

It has always been 50% off on sunday, then 75% off on the following thursday. Did they change it?

Ours was 50% off green dot this morning.

Thanks alexac, cokemeyer and jarerice for your detailed responses. I :( did not get to Target today, my son was not feeling well at all. If he makes it to school tomorrow, I'm flying to Target afterwards. That coffeemaker sounds great.

I have found a few deals in the past on end caps, I will have to be more dedicated to searching now.:D

True (I refuse to buy that brand and organic valley who is not as corupt but they don't have as many checks and balances since they are so big) but I would love to find that deal in case of a natural or not so natural disaster.

Where were these horizon milks located? Was there a coupon? What did I miss? thx

Last time the date on the sign was wrong, so don't count on it not going down until the 30th, it may happen earlier. It was still 3 days when the price changed to 75% off, but if I would have waited until the date on the sign everything would have been gone. I wonder why they do that now...

Where were these horizon milks located? Was there a coupon? What did I miss? thx

They were really hit or miss depending on your Target store, and the coupon expired yesterday, :( but there was a coupon for $1 off single cartons of their milk, which some (not all) Targets had priced at $1.09. Many Targets didn't even sell the singles or some of them had them priced at $1.50, so the deal was YMMV for sure. But there were two Targets around me that had them (out of probably 9 stores close by) for $1.09, so it made for cheap lunch box drinks. I'm not into organic foods at all, but some have said that Horizon isn't the greatest brand, I guess. It's milk though and between lowfat milk and juice, my bet is on the lowfat milk as being a bit healthier in the lunch box.