Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

Does anyone happen to know if the eggs are going to be on sale this year? I know last year at out super target the eggs were 2 for $1.I know we're going to go through a lot with the dye kits.

that's right. I completely forgot about that. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Seems like it was an online coupon last year, wasn't it?

Last year the eggs were on sale for 50¢/doz + there was a T coupon for 50¢ off, so they were free.

There should be a new batch of T coupons the Sunday before Easter. Maybe they'll have a coupon for eggs.

I found flashlights last night for $1.04. They were mixed in with the other flashlights, and came with 2 batteries.

Great for the upcoming hurricane season! (or in case your kids like to use them at night like mine do) :)

Can you tell me what kind and where they were located? My girls are going camping with girl scouts and they were told to bring flashlights.

Can you tell me what kind and where they were located? My girls are going camping with girl scouts and they were told to bring flashlights.

There were an off-brand, I think. I threw the packaging away already, but they said something like "2-D Flashlight" on the front. It's a flashlight with 2 batteries included, and they're located over with the other flashlights (back in housewares).

Hope this helps!

Can't beat $1!:D

There were an off-brand, I think. I threw the packaging away already, but they said something like "2-D Flashlight" on the front. It's a flashlight with 2 batteries included, and they're located over with the other flashlights (back in housewares).

Hope this helps!

Can't beat $1!:D

Thanks

I overheard a markdown team discussing that they weren't going to markdown certain items (one was the wine chiller a month ago or so) cause they didn't think it was right for Target to sell the stuff at such low prices. This was the same couple of women after Christmas who said they didn't go down to 75% even if the other Targets in town did. And then I watched them take stuff off the shelves and put it into carts. The next day all the Christmas stuff had 75% off signs. hmmm I guess they need the stuff more than we do. I don't go to that store anymore.

I bought the frog Photkiz for my son before xmas and loaded it up with pictures. It has a softwear disc included and cable that is very easy to use. Took only a few minutes and I think I could put up to 40 pictures on it. It was a huge hit! He brings it with him to show people his grandma, his pets, friends, etc. It's not cheap stuffed toy.

I paid $34.99 so at $9 it's a steal! We love it and haven't had to change the batteries yet.

Go grab them! Worth the $:yup:

I overheard a markdown team discussing that they weren't going to markdown certain items (one was the wine chiller a month ago or so) cause they didn't think it was right for Target to sell the stuff at such low prices. This was the same couple of women after Christmas who said they didn't go down to 75% even if the other Targets in town did. And then I watched them take stuff off the shelves and put it into carts. The next day all the Christmas stuff had 75% off signs. hmmm I guess they need the stuff more than we do. I don't go to that store anymore.

sounds like they maybe violating store policy or not doing their job. Its not up to them to decide if it goes to 75%, its their management (or corporate?) that make that decision. I think if they have a problem with it, they need to find another job. I personally would of written a brief note to the manager of the store about what you heard, its interesting that they sound like they are not doing their job of marking down, instead taking the items off the floor. Do you find things marked 75% off at your store?

yoo hoo. my daughter just told me that she will begin working at Target (part time) to help with her college costs. 10% discount card for cash purchases! I know it's not much, but when you're doing clearance shopping almost with as much energy as an olympic sport, every bit helps.

I had a good day today. Found that they had reduced all that was left of the craft aisle clearance down to one shelf of one endcap, but still I got a Color Wonder Sprayer set, a bead loom kit, a clay bear making kit, and a jewelry kit, all for $2-3.xx each. Then the best find was two Sand Art kits that were not marked but when I scanned them came up at $1.24 each! I was thrilled - seems they would have been more than 4x this price to begin with. On the same shelf I scored a Digital Photo viewer for $7.48, also not marked but I knew it might be on sale thanks to you guys. I passed over the PhotoKinz for $7.xx, but since reading these positive reviews, maybe I should go back and get some...

Also got some Champion boys zip up jackets for 75% off and some Cherokee brand toddler girls clothes for 75% off

also - new to clearance at my store - lots of stationery/business supply stuff, like pens, scotch tape, labels, etc.

you might want to report that to the customer service email or phone number. or the store manager. that isn't right, and I doubt the company condones it.

yoo hoo. my daughter just told me that she will begin working at Target (part time) to help with her college costs. 10% discount card for cash purchases! I know it's not much, but when you're doing clearance shopping almost with as much energy as an olympic sport, every bit helps.

Be very careful when you have her buy things for you. Don't allow them to see you give her the cash. I understand from employees I know that that is an instant firing offense. Wouldn't want her in trouble.

The pyramat audio chairs finally went 75% off today from $39.99 to $9.98. I got several to use as birthday gifts. There were a few Wii games down to $12.48, Tony Hawk Proving Ground, The Golden Compass and My Word Coach and several xbox 360 games The Bee Movie - $12.48, The Blue Dragon - $14.98, Crackdown - $29.99 and a few others. PC games Thrillville and Heroes of Might & Magic V (I think) for $7.48 and a couple of others I can't remember.

I also noticed flashlights and car stereos marked to 30% off something to keep an eye on....

you might want to report that to the customer service email or phone number. or the store manager. that isn't right, and I doubt the company condones it.

I've always wondered what exactly IS the chain of command at each Target store? Is there ONE manager over the store or is it the LOD who is the manager on duty... or is the LOD something different from the store manager??

Who then does the manager report to? Is there a district/regional person that oversees many Target stores in a certain area and then reports on in to corporate???? I've always wondered, but never enough to ask I guess!

anyone know?

All the scanners were out of service today and I had a few things that I needed to scan, but now I don't trust those sneaky employees to tell me the right price :gdparanoid: I even went to jewelry where the markdown team was and asked about a necklace that's on clearance online (75%) and she said no it's only 50% off here. Can that be cheaper online than at my local store? Don't want to pay shipping fees :no: Anyways, on a happier not, I did get 10 free string cheese and 6 $ .24 granola boxes, 1 MM juice. So not too shabby :D.

I've always wondered what exactly IS the chain of command at each Target store? Is there ONE manager over the store or is it the LOD who is the manager on duty... or is the LOD something different from the store manager??

Who then does the manager report to? Is there a district/regional person that oversees many Target stores in a certain area and then reports on in to corporate???? I've always wondered, but never enough to ask I guess!

anyone know?

There is a "Store Manager" who is overall head of the store. The problem is that when you try to get to that person it is nearly impossible. They just don't want to let you do it. Over time, as the employees get to know me, I have found that I could ask and have them pointed out to me. I still don't know who it is at one of my main stores, though. But, honestly, I have not always gotten good results even by talking to the store manager when I do know who it is. I generally have had much better success by calling the 800 number. That generally gets their attention because it goes into their performance reports and can have a real impact on the manager himself.

LODs are usually just hourly people who are put into a position of line management. They "say" they are managers and can really do things, but I haven't found it to be true. They report up to the store manager (there may or may not be someone over them) and the store manager reports to a district manager. I don't know how many layers they have. I just know that the best results come through a top down complaint so that it gets recorded.

There is a "Store Manager" who is overall head of the store. The problem is that when you try to get to that person it is nearly impossible. They just don't want to let you do it. Over time, as the employees get to know me, I have found that I could ask and have them pointed out to me. I still don't know who it is at one of my main stores, though. But, honestly, I have not always gotten good results even by talking to the store manager when I do know who it is. I generally have had much better success by calling the 800 number. That generally gets their attention because it goes into their performance reports and can have a real impact on the manager himself.

LODs are usually just hourly people who are put into a position of line management. They "say" they are managers and can really do things, but I haven't found it to be true. They report up to the store manager (there may or may not be someone over them) and the store manager reports to a district manager. I don't know how many layers they have. I just know that the best results come through a top down complaint so that it gets recorded.

Thanks! Now I won't wonder anymore :)

I did pretty well today.

I found lime green Caboodles for $3.38 (still marked 30% off; scanned 75% off). I've been wanting this to keep my daughter's hair ties, brushes, combs, etc.

I found 10 Finding Nemo Color Wonder sets in a shopping cart near stationary (with a bunch of other marked down stuff). I scanned them and they came up $0.00. So I go directly to the CS desk and tell the guy, these are coming up $0.00. He checks and of course it's the same for him. He goes, what are they worth to you? I said $1.00 each. He said OK but I'll need to ring you up here. I said let me go get the other ones and I'll be right back. lol I got the 10 of them for $10.00. :D

In the cart, I also found this fingerpaint set that had some tools in it for $2.48 each (bought the two of those). I also found these Roseart sets of 500+ activities for $1.24, and a couple sets of eraseable markers for the same price.

I was pretty excited with these finds. :)

Today was another good day with movies.

I got:

Dora Catching Stars- $3.24

The Man on the Moon- $2.46

Dukes of Hazaard (old style)- $2.46

Elmo Moves (I think)- $2.46

Anywhere but Here- $1.16

I was pretty excited! The cashier (who now knows me) said you are a really good shopper. I said with 4 kids I HAVE to be.

I got:

Anywhere but Here- $1.16

I was pretty excited! The cashier (who now knows me) said you are a really good shopper. I said with 4 kids I HAVE to be.

Where are you finding the movies? I didn't even know where to look.

Today I found 4 MM Apple Juices (Yeah!) and a sheet of scrapbook stickers. My total was just over 4 bucks, so not bad in that regard but I was hoping to find a Kone or Kurv vaccum. Anyone have the numbers for either of those that are clearanced? Thanks everyone!

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :D

Niccole

$5 off $50 Coupon from Target in Mail:D

I didn't see this posted yet, I apologize if this is a duplicate. There is a Hello Spring Showers, Target Kids book that came in the mail today and on the back, hidden is a peelie coupon for $5 off $50. I never would have known it was a coupon if I hadn't been tipped off by someone else. The coupon has the same spirograph print as the rest of the ad so it isn't easy to recognize. Keep an eye out for these in your mailbox.

$5 off $50 Coupon from Target in Mail:D

I didn't see this posted yet, I apologize if this is a duplicate. There is a Hello Spring Showers, Target Kids book that came in the mail today and on the back, hidden is a peelie coupon for $5 off $50. I never would have known it was a coupon if I hadn't been tipped off by someone else. The coupon has the same spirograph print as the rest of the ad so it isn't easy to recognize. Keep an eye out for these in your mailbox.

Mine was only $5 off of $75

I got:

Anywhere but Here- $1.16

Does anyone know why these go down so low, I know I have found quite a few of these lately and they have the "as is" sticker on them. Is it because they normally don't sell them in the store? I bought Shark Tales for 3.xx a few weeks ago.

Great deal today!

Internet Return Bounce and Slide Bounce House Was 180.xx got it for 125.xx Not 75% off but a really great deal for such a nice bounce house!

Today's trip:

2 spongebob 1GB mp3 players 19.98 after 50% off

1 photokinz - 7.48

1 8x10 photoframe 1.25

They also saw 1 GB spongebob media players for photos, videos, mp3 for 39.98, orig 79.99

They had lots of spongebob mp3 and media players, they also had those in pink with some band name at the back (forgot the name of the band).

No movies, no Kurv, No cone. :(