Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

I forgot to mention that yesterday, I picked up a 68" heavy grill cover (quality ones) regularly $29.99 for $14.XX. I didn't want to wait for them to go further as My other one blew off in the wind last week. Plus there was only 2 left. Seal one (that I bought) and one that was in the package, but someone opened the ends so it wasn't securely in there. It was grey and really heavy. Nice quality

1 I-Dog Amp'd Pink Tattoo for $29.94 minus $5 coupon (posted GENEROUSLY by GD'er Thank you!). Made me feel better buying one to use as a speaker instead of my measly laptop speakers. Plus it is wayyyy cuter!

Where did you find I-Dog the coupon? I have searched the whole site, and I can't run it down.

Edited by lovetoshopCA

I found the Pink Cameo Comforter set last week for my dd at $12.48, well today I went to a different Target and saw the Pink Cameo Set - I needed the twin size and I grab it and scanned at $34.98. I found one of the mark down team members marking down some towels and she was very nice and scanned it and said yep its $12.48. So, I was very happy since I need another one for my other daughter.

Not much else, my youngest daughter was with me and we checked the $1.00 spot...very cute items, elmo, cars, makeup - cute stuff for easter baskets, party favors, etc.

I was VERY excited to find them for this price. I had bought one for half price last week because even at $80, it was a good price. I was estatic when I found it for 75% off. :fluffy:

What is the brand? Could you post some more information. I went today and I had them scan the only 10" DVD player that they had and it was $179.99. He did say that they have an Audiovox on sale 50% off last week and they were all gone. He said that it was not 10". Is that the one??

Yesterday I saw some radio flyer items at 30% (at least what the sticker said, didn't scanned them) There was that all-terrain wagon, a rocket ride-on, a tricycle type ride-on with no pedals, and I think one other thing but can't remember what....but it wasn't the regular tricycles because I'm looking for one but they didn't have a clearance sticker (maybe I should've scanned them). There were in their regular aisle, not an endcap.

Crayola and Rose art stuff still 30%, does anybody know if they mark these down with stationery or toys?

Still no elmo party stuff on clearance...

No MM either, that shelf was clean, not even the regular 15-packs, I wonder if because of the sale last week, a lot of people found out about this deal accidentally or even if target people noticed.....

Only bought 2 kelly valentine dolls that I found in the regular toy aisle, got them for .49!

My trip today:

Found a box of the clearanced Slim Fast Protein bars stuck with the regular ones for 50% off

Platic Photo Frame holds 12 4x6 pics for $1.xx

I was so happy to find a stash of Silver Letters that spelled LOVE and XOXO from the valentines clearance. Scanned $0 so when I took them up he said he could only give it to me for 75% off. I told him that it went 90% off and he said he could not go less than 75%. So I left them. Oh well, I tried. Guess I wont go to that guy next time :)

Other than that, I tried to find the DVD player with no luck. Radio Flyers were still there at 30%. No GB left. Party stuff was still 30%.

When I checked 2 weeks ago, the Radio flyer stuff was 30% off. As of yesterday, they were still only 30% off at my nearby Targets (some of them don't even have them on clearance). I don't know how long they have been 30% off though. I'm waiting for them to go 50% off too because I want the tricycle thing (with no pedals) for my son. ;)

I found the Pink Cameo Comforter set last week for my dd at $12.48, well today I went to a different Target and saw the Pink Cameo Set - I needed the twin size and I grab it and scanned at $34.98. I found one of the mark down team members marking down some towels and she was very nice and scanned it and said yep its $12.48. So, I was very happy since I need another one for my other daughter.

Not much else, my youngest daughter was with me and we checked the $1.00 spot...very cute items, elmo, cars, makeup - cute stuff for easter baskets, party favors, etc.

I have a question about Mark Downs. If there's a clearance orange sticker stating the price of the item, when it is marked down further, why does a mark down team member have to scan it as opposed to it should show up automatically with the new lower price when you go to the cashier?

Is it because the mark down team member has to enter it in the system first?

Excuse me if it's a stupid question! :razz: Thanks!

What is the brand? Could you post some more information. I went today and I had them scan the only 10" DVD player that they had and it was $179.99. He did say that they have an Audiovox on sale 50% off last week and they were all gone. He said that it was not 10". Is that the one??

The 179.99 one is probably it. That is its original price.

Has anyone seen this for less than $19.98 (orig. 39.99)? I saw this at the store when there were mark down team members around and didn't think to ask them to scan. Now I think back that many bedding items were 75% off or more so perhaps they forgot to mark this down further too?

http://www.target.com/Isaac-Mizrahi-Target-Dot-Sheet/dp/B000JJNDQA/sr=1-1/qid=1204051607/ref=sr_1_1/601-7717616-2936925?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k%3Aisaac%20mizrahi%20green&page=1

Thanks so much!

I didn't get much today (all 3 kids were acting up!!) but I did get what is perhaps my cheapest per item buy ever: 44 pairs of mittens for about $8! If you go to the endcap in accessories, right where they have clearance sunglasses, etc., they had about 40 sets of two pair black "one size fits most" Xhilaration mittens down to 75% off which was $.37. I could not resist so I grabbed 22 sets, which is 44 pairs of gloves. I plan to keep a few sets to use for kids to decorate as hand puppets and the rest I will donate to groups who collect for shelters for the winter.

Re: the popcorn/drink combo: I was starting to think I was dreaming up our $2 price on this since so many of you report yours is only $1, so I checked again and now there is not one, but 2 signs stating the $2 price. So I asked the girl at the counter if they had once had a $1 combo or was I crazy and she said yes, they did once have it as $1 but now they are "test marketing" it in our area as a $2 combo to see if it sells. Lucky us!! :shock:

I have a question about Mark Downs. If there's a clearance orange sticker stating the price of the item, when it is marked down further, why does a mark down team member have to scan it as opposed to it should show up automatically with the new lower price when you go to the cashier?

Is it because the mark down team member has to enter it in the system first?

Excuse me if it's a stupid question! :razz: Thanks!

Occasionally an item is missed or they are working on the markdowns at that moment and do not get to your item. You can use a scanner to see if it is lower than the tag.

For example...You see a comforter for 50% off but read here or saw other comforters that were 75% off. You can scan it to see if the comforter you picked is priced 75% off or you can ask a friendly mark down team member.

The scanner helps you know before you get to the register if it is cheaper. I have been pleasantly surprised when reaching the register. One time I bought a pillow for 50% off but when I checked out, it was 75% off. I walked outside, put my package in my vehicle and went back to get more. :yup:

It was a Memorex 8.5 inch swivel portable dvd player. The DPCI is 057150008.

I am a sad sad monkey :gdcry: I called all PA stores, NJ stores AND DE stores...none in stock anywhere!!! :cry2: The guy at the last store in DE said he thought they went on clearance about 2-3 weeks ago :confused: Would've been nice to grab one at that price...but I suppose life will go on without it...:2goodnite

I had a terrible experience today at Linden Target. :(

Went to check out the GB 75% off furniture. Everything was gone instead the Patio stuff was being set up there. I thought thats ok, I will check the clearance.

Found a bath rug for $6.48 orig 24.99. Was happy about that.

Brown one did not have a tag so picked up a white one too so that its easy for them to scan.

Also found this very soft throw kind in queen size in clearance aisle in a cart with "Need dpci code" note on the cart. Picked up both, pink and white. asked an associate, she said she marked it down herself and the white is 12.48 but not pink one. she had an attitude. Told me to find somebody else to help me with it. Found 4 people working in the aisle beside clearance in bed-bath section, they said if it does not have a bar code they cant do anything and to go to guest services. Went to cash register, asked her what's the price? she said you need to go to that section and find somebody to help you.

I was done playing this ping pong game. I told her I have already been referred to guest services by that section. She called somebody and she got somebody else and he got the name of the company from the tag and put that in the scanner and found all the items they have of that company and he tells me that its a throw and its 49.99. I told him what that other assosiate said about 12.46, he is like sorry, its 49.99.

I was so mad I was 1/2 an hour over my lunch time. i said, then i dont want it.

went to pay for the bath rug. The lady at cash register tells me that its different color so its not on sale only white one is since it has a sticker.

I was so done with their guessing game, i just stood there and did not a say a thing contemplating to just walk away from there. Then the lady from other cash register told her that both items are same and on sale, and to go ahead and scan it.

Surprisingly, I found such a good associate to help me the other day with bin organizers and these ladies were so irritated and did not bother to make any attempt to really find if its on sale and whats the correct price.

Really MAD!!! :gdcensored:

I got back from a different Target just now and the sales person in electronics told me the Memorex swivel dvd player was on clearance about a month ago. :( Needless to say, I didn't walk out with a deal on a portable DVD player. I'm still searching though! :D

I did get a Little Tikes 10-inch tricycle for $20. I think it was probably an internet return or something because there were no other ones in the tricycle section. When I did a search on the 'net, it looks like it retails for about $40.

I recall seeing someone mention something about the battery operated candles being clearanced in housewares. Does anyone remember how much they were? I saw some yesterday for 8.98 and they had a nice rubbed bronze base. I would like to buy them but not sure if its a good deal or not.

Any info would be appreciated, thanks!

Occasionally an item is missed or they are working on the markdowns at that moment and do not get to your item. You can use a scanner to see if it is lower than the tag.

For example...You see a comforter for 50% off but read here or saw other comforters that were 75% off. You can scan it to see if the comforter you picked is priced 75% off or you can ask a friendly mark down team member.

The scanner helps you know before you get to the register if it is cheaper. I have been pleasantly surprised when reaching the register. One time I bought a pillow for 50% off but when I checked out, it was 75% off. I walked outside, put my package in my vehicle and went back to get more. :yup:

Thanks so much for explaining it to me! :fluffy:

I recall seeing someone mention something about the battery operated candles being clearanced in housewares. Does anyone remember how much they were? I saw some yesterday for 8.98 and they had a nice rubbed bronze base. I would like to buy them but not sure if its a good deal or not.

Any info would be appreciated, thanks!

I had mentioned them (someone else might have too), I bought them too at 50% off ($8.98) thought they were a good deal. They had lots of them left so hoping they go down some more. They are expensive if you look on HSN, QVC and places like that. Also, since they are not seasonal, you should be able to take them back if you can get some at 75% (they won't price match so you will have to rebuy them at 75%) and just take them back on your 50% receipt. They are great in areas that don't have a plug handy.

Re: the popcorn/drink combo: I was starting to think I was dreaming up our $2 price on this since so many of you report yours is only $1, so I checked again and now there is not one, but 2 signs stating the $2 price. So I asked the girl at the counter if they had once had a $1 combo or was I crazy and she said yes, they did once have it as $1 but now they are "test marketing" it in our area as a $2 combo to see if it sells. Lucky us!! :shock:

I actually went earlier today with my daugther and remember seeing the post about the popcorn combo and give it a shot. It was $1.07 - in the Target by me...

I was also on the search for the Memorex DVD player, I remember seeing it somewhere (I have about 7 Targets by me) but the one I went today didn't have it.

I would love to find one or two of them...since we usually drive on our vactions it is great for the kids.

Thanks a bunch. I may have to go back and grab them tomorrow if they are still there.

I had mentioned them (someone else might have too), I bought them too at 50% off ($8.98) thought they were a good deal. They had lots of them left so hoping they go down some more. They are expensive if you look on HSN, QVC and places like that. Also, since they are not seasonal, you should be able to take them back if you can get some at 75% (they won't price match so you will have to rebuy them at 75%) and just take them back on your 50% receipt. They are great in areas that don't have a plug handy.

I got back from a different Target just now and the sales person in electronics told me the Memorex swivel dvd player was on clearance about a month ago. :( Needless to say, I didn't walk out with a deal on a portable DVD player. I'm still searching though! :D

I did get a Little Tikes 10-inch tricycle for $20. I think it was probably an internet return or something because there were no other ones in the tricycle section. When I did a search on the 'net, it looks like it retails for about $40.

At the Target near my house (the only store where I had seen the DVD players on clearance), the dvd players were 30% off around a month ago. Two weeks ago, they went to 50% off. Yesterday they went 75%.

There was also a 10 inch DVD player but those went very quickly.

Honestly, I'm surprised that I found even one of these at 75% off. I was happy finding it at 50% off. I just lucked out.

Wow! I missed out on the GB!!! All of it was gone! I was waiting for the bath stuff to go down and when I went it was pretty cleared out. I did find some wash cloths 75% off. I also found the twin bedding org. 60.00 for 15.00. I found that they had alot of princess bikes for 30% off.

Please let me know if you see the bikes, scrapbook stuff and party stuff go down!! Tia. I also found a wii game transformers for 15.00.