Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

I'm so glad I found this Target thread, you guys are the best. Apparently where I live, southern Illinois, no one is a member here because I got a lot of great stuff! This is what I got today:

A cal king 8 pc comforter set + pillows $55.00 (cal king is VERY hard to find)

Kelly valentine barbies @ .49 cents in the toy aisle was $4.99(i got all 4 of them)

Roseart art sets with markers, crayons, etc in a nice plastic suitcase $3.98 was $9.99 (got 2 for the easter baskets)

Crayola color wonder black sets for ages 6+ $3.98 were $8.99 (again got 2)

Large crayloa color wonder sets for kids 3+ $4.98 were $9.99

I usually spend about $20.00 a piece on the easter baskets for the kids. I have 4 kids and then you add the eggs & the candy and it comes out to $100.00 for easter. This year I'm going to have it done for $40.00. Ahh, I love you guys!!:D

To everyone who was able to snag that Step2 Wagon and who used it for a gift: any ideas on how to wrap it??? :) Even if I could find enough paper to wrap it that way, I'm concerned it would just rip as I'm carrying it. I'd like to find a large plastic gift bag but don't know the best place to find one - does Target carry those? I am afraid I may spend as much on the wrapping as on the gift, which kind of defeats the Perimeter Perusing spirit of saving money, lol! :) You ladies/gents are so creative, thought I'd check here first. :)

To everyone who was able to snag that Step2 Wagon and who used it for a gift: any ideas on how to wrap it??? :) Even if I could find enough paper to wrap it that way, I'm concerned it would just rip as I'm carrying it. I'd like to find a large plastic gift bag but don't know the best place to find one - does Target carry those? I am afraid I may spend as much on the wrapping as on the gift, which kind of defeats the Perimeter Perusing spirit of saving money, lol! :) You ladies/gents are so creative, thought I'd check here first. :)

You might check $ stores for those big gift bags, I got some on clearance after Christmas. I don't know when you are giving as a gift but maybe you could use the wagon as the vessel for other gifts like a Easter basket (Just put all the items into it) or if baby shower than maybe some other gifts wrapped up and placed into it and big bow put on it.

I use to not wrap gifts, I put them into something else as the giftwrap. For instance, I would use a backpack that I found on clearance and wrap the other little gifts and place inside or tote bags with characters on it (like giftbags but used alot more often by kids). I do the same for Christmas stocking things for adults, I find a really cool bag, tote, basket or something they might enjoy and make it up like a "giftbasket". Another idea is a plain trash bag (white) scrunch up the top and tye off with a pretty bow?

We have gotten the giant plastic gift bags at walgreens before. We wrapped my ds bike with that.

My Target had a blue with white decorated "Trunk" that I was thinking about getting today... I walked around the store with it then price checked it... It came up Item not found... Then i Examined it to see if it was something I REALLY wanted, or if i was looking at it because it was 75% off... there was a big scratch on the top, and the whole right side of it was scuffed... i thought Okay if they give this to me at 85 or 90% off I would take it... (originally 89.99) i took it to customer service and they lady said she couldn't even take an additional 10% off because it was GB... I didn't end up getting it because it was still 22.xx and i thought for a damaged item, i still didn't want to pay that much... Just thought it was strange that they wouldn't take more off to sell it rather than telling me no and probably having to salvage it....

I have had luck finding bags like these at the Hallmark store for a couple of dollars.

For cat owners, don't miss the Valentines Temptations cat treats! They are in the valentines section, 5 packs in a pink box. Otherwise nothing VDay about them. But they scan as Valentines items. Go figure.

I found the aforementioned Temptations cat treats and bought 6 boxes! They were on an end cap near the pet food...

5 packages to a box regularly $4.95 down to .49 cents! The often times sell for $ 2.00 a package or more...

My cat is one lucky kitty..he loves these things :gdcat: and I love bargins!

I found the portable DVD player the other night for half price. It ended up being $79.98. I haven't used it yet but it was a good deal. It was an 8.5" swivel screen.

HTH

I found that one today,too.....I haven't opened it yet, but it was too good a deal to pass up......

I found that one today,too.....I haven't opened it yet, but it was too good a deal to pass up......

I've been looking for that DVD player, but no luck so far! Can you tell me the DCPI so I can call a few other Targets near me to see if they have it?

I just wrapped mine with reguar wrapping paper. It didn't rip when I carried it.

My Target had a blue with white decorated "Trunk" that I was thinking about getting today... I walked around the store with it then price checked it... It came up Item not found... Then i Examined it to see if it was something I REALLY wanted, or if i was looking at it because it was 75% off... there was a big scratch on the top, and the whole right side of it was scuffed... i thought Okay if they give this to me at 85 or 90% off I would take it... (originally 89.99) i took it to customer service and they lady said she couldn't even take an additional 10% off because it was GB... I didn't end up getting it because it was still 22.xx and i thought for a damaged item, i still didn't want to pay that much... Just thought it was strange that they wouldn't take more off to sell it rather than telling me no and probably having to salvage it....

That's not true, because I found this little rhino with one ear broken off , and they gave me 10% off. It was GB. He's really cute- i'll just face the broken ear to the wall.

That's not true, because I found this little rhino with one ear broken off , and they gave me 10% off. It was GB. He's really cute- i'll just face the broken ear to the wall.

even better, it can become a cute little "conversation piece." Not everyone can say they have a one-eared rhino. You could even make up a story to go with him about how he got injured in a Target battle over the last clearance item on the shelf, lol! :cheesy:

Not a very interesting, rushed trip tonight.

I went in after a comforter for DD and some form of organization items. I did find some really neat wire cubes on sale. They are 6 cube racks, and they were on sale for $12. There were about 10 GB things left, and underneath was a packet of valentines. When I got to the counter, I realized I got one white and one chrome set of cubes, so I send DH back after the other one. I didn't see how she rang up my valentine's. She charged me 1.00, and they were 4.99. I guess she just made up her price and didn't ask.

Help!! Does anyone have an extra "Kayla" doll from the Valentine Kelly Dolls?? My dog decided she was a good chew toy and I can't find another one.

TIA

Sorry Afrey.... I don't have any...could never find them at my store ( I hid one of each of the easter ones though).... anywhooo I checked on ebay and there is one there .... Item number is : 250217598989... looks like you might have to pay full price but at least you would have one.

It depends on the store. I have read in this thread where people get extra off displays that are being clearanced, broken GB etc. However in my store, when I have asked management, the answer has been NO.

I was told GB can be sent back to manufacturer to get credit which is why they would not mark it down any further.

So it really depends on what the store decides to do. Do not be upset if your store decides to not mark it down any further.

It depends on the store. I have read in this thread where people get extra off displays that are being clearanced, broken GB etc. However in my store, when I have asked management, the answer has been NO.

I was told GB can be sent back to manufacturer to get credit which is why they would not mark it down any further.

So it really depends on what the store decides to do. Do not be upset if your store decides to not mark it down any further.

I have found this to be true. As I made my "Tour of Targets" for GB, I found a mirror damaged (back when GB was 50% off). The damage was slight but they gave me an additional 20% off. At the same store when GB was 75%, I purchased an area rug that had been used as a display and it was quite dusty/dirty and had two small pulls (I think that is why it was still left). They would not take any additional off.

Yesterday at the Surprise Target we found a set of the Cars toy bins for $9.98. I was so excited to get it (and shocked that it was still there) as it was a return from the night before. I was tipped off by my friend that she had returned it since she paid $27.xx and had found a cheaper set. I send DH in at about 1:00pm and luckily it had not been sold. At another Target I found 6 of the MM 10 pack apple juice boxes :cheesy:, Crayola Color Wonder posters for $2.48 (reg $4.99) and Tinkerbell wrapping paper for $1.48 (reg $2.99).

On Saturday I found a king size bed in a bag at 75% off for $37.xx reg $149.99 (it is black & tan, with hints of gold) but it's going back as DH didn't think it went well with our canopy bed. I ended up getting the $55 8 piece chocolate brown & blue bedding set in yesterday's ad instead and it looks awesome one the bed. Had to hit 3 different Targets just to find on in stock.

Global bazaar was extemely picked over at all 3 stores I hit yesterday. Still trying to find a Curve hand vac for $12.48 but not having much luck.

Anyone in Colorado see the Cars toy bins at their store? I went to the Colorado Mills, Wheat Ridge, Arvada, & Louisville stores this weekend with no luck. I'd love to find 2 of them at 75% off but even 1 would be great...

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :)

Niccole

For the person wanting to wrap a large item (like the step2 wagon), I've used those cheap table clothes from the dollar store. Keep in mind however that if you use lighter colors, you may be able to see thru the tablecloth - - so you might have to buy 2 of them.