Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

I think someone posted about what happened in Tinley Park already. But I'm telling ya'll theres nothing like fate. Hubby and I took our 2 kids up there with the intentions of hitting the Orland Park, Tinley, Matteson Targets. I askd hubby what was up when he passed the exit for Tinley. We LOVE the Tinley one and always look forward to it. He said that he thought maybe we outta go to Orland frst,this was after Isaid I wanted to remind him to look for the step 2 wagon and I wanted to go to Lane Bryant. This was at 10:05

We do our shopping found some goodies, an I went potty. I came out and hubby said theres been a shooting. I was beyond confused. He tells me Lane Bryant. We head out to Tinley and theres 5 helicopters and police lines and what not. TONS of news crews.

Come to find out,5 women were victims of a botchd robbery. Bound , gagged and shot executio style.

I immediately freaked as I have a good friend whom works there.

Turns out she's ok.

The thing is, I dont believe it for a robbery. Lane Bryant robbed??? On a sat? Early in h morning?

Oh my gosh! Thank God that you and your family are all OK.

A friend of the family lives about 3 blocks from there, and said that the police were checking homes and garages for the suspect. Soo scary! I usually shop with my kids....we could have been in anyone of those stores. It seems like all these shootings are becoming a trend.

anyone know if those wood wall shelves they have on clearance would be housewares or domestics catagory?????

Would think it is considered domestic, because they were on the endcaps of where the furniture and rubbermaid containers were at our store.

:)

The Target in Grapevine, TX had the Britax Preview Onyx Stroller for $34.98 (reg. price $139.99)! It was torture to hold back from buying it, because I love all things Britax, but we're maxed out on strollers as it is.

http://www.target.com/Britax-Preview-Onyx-Stroller/dp/B0007OBEWC/sr=1-13/qid=1202139905/ref=sr_1_13/602-4613814-3047042?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k%3Abritax&page=1

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/514FfPM-c7L._SS260_.jpg

DCPI: 030-09-1371

I think someone posted about what happened in Tinley Park already. But I'm telling ya'll theres nothing like fate. Hubby and I took our 2 kids up there with the intentions of hitting the Orland Park, Tinley, Matteson Targets. I askd hubby what was up when he passed the exit for Tinley. We LOVE the Tinley one and always look forward to it. He said that he thought maybe we outta go to Orland frst,this was after Isaid I wanted to remind him to look for the step 2 wagon and I wanted to go to Lane Bryant. This was at 10:05

We do our shopping found some goodies, an I went potty. I came out and hubby said theres been a shooting. I was beyond confused. He tells me Lane Bryant. We head out to Tinley and theres 5 helicopters and police lines and what not. TONS of news crews.

Come to find out,5 women were victims of a botchd robbery. Bound , gagged and shot executio style.

I immediately freaked as I have a good friend whom works there.

Turns out she's ok.

The thing is, I dont believe it for a robbery. Lane Bryant robbed??? On a sat? Early in h morning?

Hello I am from Kankakee!!! I am glad your friend is okay - very scary and sad situation!

If I am not mistaken, adrewell was talking about looking for deals that aren't clearly marked. If you follow this discussion regularly you KNOW what is on clearance in most of the country. Quite often you can find those items, not marked at all, or in another department, or less than they are marked. That is especially true the week or two after a big clearance event like what they did with toys a few weeks ago. People do returns. Oh, and there are often online returns, too. So, we search for them.

Now, adrewell, I don't want to get in trouble for speaking out of turn, so if that isn't what you meant, you correct me! :yup:

OK thanks... i just dont know how to do the target thing... But I do know how to do the CVS thing

The Target in Grapevine, TX had the Britax Preview Onyx Stroller for $34.98 (reg. price $139.99)! It was torture to hold back from buying it, because I love all things Britax, but we're maxed out on strollers as it is.

http://www.target.com/Britax-Preview-Onyx-Stroller/dp/B0007OBEWC/sr=1-13/qid=1202139905/ref=sr_1_13/602-4613814-3047042?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k%3Abritax&page=1

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/514FfPM-c7L._SS260_.jpg

DCPI: 030-09-1371

I actually just found this at a store here but only 50% off! I was so excited thinking I found a 'hidden' deal! :) Better luck next time! Didn't need it anyway but would have bought it at that price you saw it for! :)

Edited by 1angelnhvn

I went crazy today. I went to 5 Targets and bought:

As I wipe the word stupid off of my forehead, I said call your manager, please, I would like to speak to him. He tells the head cashier to handle it. So she gets involved - not my first run in with her over NOF items - and says that she has to charge me what it's ringing up. I said to her, if it was ringing up that would be fine, but that it isn't. It's NOF because it was clearance. She said, no she called toys and that's the number that they gave her. I asked for the manager again. FINALLY he comes up and we go through the whole scenario again. "I have to charge what it's ringing up, I don't undertand what your issue is." to which I reply, if it were ringing up, I wouldn't have a problem with that, but as I explained to both the cashier and the supervisor, it is NOF. It is a different item than the one that the toys associate gave her the number for. He looked directly at the supervisor and says, "WELL, nobody told me that it was NOF." No they didn't because several months ago I purchased some color wonder things that were NOF and they told me that I couldn't have them and when I called for a manager, the District Manager came up and said, "No, you always accomodate the guest." and ever since then I have nothing but attitude from both of them and they treat me like I'm a thief every time I'm in here.

In the end, I got the microscope for the clearance price but I am NOT happy about the way that cashier and the supervisor talk to me.

adawell, just wondering where/ who was mean to you- wondering if it is the same people.

i went searching for the fisher price papasan swing, but no luck.

i did find

3 pack nesting boxes, blue polka dot, 3.24, orig 14.99

the hamilton beach clothes dryer!

shrek and pirates bath sets, 1.24

one of the bikes on clearance- however, it came up item not found, and they wanted to

charge me full price, so i left it

golf starter set- some clubs, bag 24.98, orig 99.99

here are the boxes.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41077uChCuL._SS260_.jpg

My Target trip today:

I picked up a bed rail for my son when he moves to a full sized bed for $6.xx. I also got some flushable potty covers for potty training at 75% off.

I scanned a lot of stuff and nothing that I scanned was 75% off yet so I placed them in some hidden spots for later. Sporting goods was pretty empty and they were putting swim stuff in. I forgot my coupon for the pop-tarts so I had to skip on those. THere was a firepit at 50% off. No shutterfly.

There was one Dyson left at 30% off.

I know someone mentioned something about the scrapbook stacks of paper on clearance the other day org. $9.99 my store had them 30% off yesterday. Do you think they went 50% off today?

they were 30% at one local store this weekend, and 50% at another that had a much larger quantity... i'd be surprised if they didn't soon.

My Target trip today:

I picked up a bed rail for my son when he moves to a full sized bed for $6.xx. I also got some flushable potty covers for potty training at 75% off.

I scanned a lot of stuff and nothing that I scanned was 75% off yet so I placed them in some hidden spots for later. Sporting goods was pretty empty and they were putting swim stuff in. I forgot my coupon for the pop-tarts so I had to skip on those. THere was a firepit at 50% off. No shutterfly.

There was one Dyson left at 30% off.

Gosh, I stopped at my Target on Saturday looking for clearanced bed rails and there was nothing! Wuahhh! I'm jealous of your $6 bed rail.

I found a grape MM today! I also got my hubby a pair of boots for work $9.48 and some of those snap wares for Christmas ornaments. I got quite a few of the smaller ones and just 3 of the bigger ones. I think I need some more bigger ones. I am going to check different Targets tomorrow in hopes of finding some. I am also waiting for the heaters to get marked down a little more. I want to get some to have for next year. I hate buying one when they are full price. Next year I will be prepared.

Today was a good day... i got a bunch of bottles and the refills of the liners for about a dollar a piece I think they were Advent or something like that... I also got 2 diaper bags for about $6 a piece (one pooh and one eddie bauer) I found (finally) a "simplicity changing table" orignally 79.99 on clearance for 19.xx, i got a jogging stroller originally 129.99 for 24.xx and a regular stroller originally 129.99 for 32.xx not to mention onesies, and safety items (socket covers were .74 as were the door knob covers!!! Great Baby Finds Today!!!!

I got an awesome deal today on a Britax car seat. It was a return from online. I saw it last week and it was marked 209.99 so I went today to see if it had been marked down more, but it wasn't so I tracked down a target employee who got the head of the markdown team and she presses a few buttons and was like how about 146.99. Umm yeah needless to say for that price I could not pass on it considering it's a $300 car seat

Heres a link to it

http://www.target.com/Britax-Boulevard-Shannon-Convertible-Seat/dp/B000JWJH0S/qid=1201228000/ref=br_1_4/602-6270516-8934210?ie=UTF8&node=13552231&frombrowse=1&rh=&page=1

I got an awesome deal today on a Britax car seat. It was a return from online. I saw it last week and it was marked 209.99 so I went today to see if it had been marked down more, but it wasn't so I tracked down a target employee who got the head of the markdown team and she presses a few buttons and was like how about 146.99. Umm yeah needless to say for that price I could not pass on it considering it's a $300 car seat

Heres a link to it

http://www.target.com/Britax-Boulevard-Shannon-Convertible-Seat/dp/B000JWJH0S/qid=1201228000/ref=br_1_4/602-6270516-8934210?ie=UTF8&node=13552231&frombrowse=1&rh=&page=1

Wow! That is a great price for that car seat! Great job! :yup:

I think i'm obsessed w/Target now (thanks guys!)...hit up 2 today...found inline rollar skates for $5 at the first one (the cashier scanned them and then said "dang...really?" lol) :D I left the 2nd one empty handed :( I think i'm out of luck for the Step 2 Wagon...so upset! Also, no shutterfly at ANY of the Targets in my area!!!! what's going on?