Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

Ok STL women, stop shopping at the Vogel Target, lol. I live right by it so that is the only reason I am stuck shopping there. The next time I see someone cruising the end caps I am going to say Gotta Deal and see if they give me a weird look or say HI!!! Might be kind of strange, lol.

I am only 2 mintues from it. Looks like I found another neighbor! If you ever see a young couple with a little boy with bright blonde hair there it might be me & DH!

Every item that I have been waiting to drop at that store its gone by the time I get there. I wanted some of the kids blankets like the Transformers one but the day they went to 75 they were gone :(

A little hint I learned on here. Target's clearance signs always say 'up to (enter percentage off here).' It is in small lettering and if you don't sit and read the whole sign you'd miss it. Somebody on here pointed that out once. So anyways, it stinks but that's how they suck you in.

No, no. It is XX% and up at Target not the other way around. That is why it is important to check tags and scan as if they are out of 75% off signs, they'll sometimes still have a lower % sale sign on the shelf.

I can't believe they have been that horrible to both of you guys that posted about the Vogel store! I will keep my eye out for them. But, I think my Target trips will be limited for awhile!

I am seeing all these people on here shopping at the Vogel store. Is that why I am not getting any good deals lately?? I see one woman pretty often when I am in there, now I am wondering if it is one of you GD'ers! LOL

I think all you folks who go to the Vogel store need to be complaining to the 800# more often. It is the only way they'll change. I have started doing that locally with our Alhambra store. I am sick of being treated badly there, and won't be chased off from finding good deals because they have lousy management. I have found that usually the problem is at a higher level of management that attitude to prevail in a store.

I found some Webkinz for $3.24 today. I also ran across a few odds and ends that were clearly leftover from previous clearance: Lego Aquaraiders set $7.48 & Halloween Littlest Pet Shop set $.49 (had to tell them the 90% off price).

FYI if you are into the Esphera puzzles at all, be sure to scan them. SOME of the new ones are scanning at clearance price of $7.48. And the clearance ones show up sometimes on the shelf. I found a Disney one that is clearly new on sale today. I have also found the ocean scene and the fairy scene without red tags but marked down.

Also, if anyone's kiddos like the Breyer Mini Whinnies, there are 2 new truck & trailer sets. The one with yellow trim often rings up about 50% off. It must share a DPCI with the full size truck & trailer set that went clearance 75% off b/c that is the price it is coming up. They are $12.99 regular, but ring up $6.74.

No, no. It is XX% and up at Target not the other way around. That is why it is important to check tags and scan as if they are out of 75% off signs, they'll sometimes still have a lower % sale sign on the shelf.

I have actually seen them with 15, 30, 50 and 75 off OR MORE as well at Target. Maybe your targets just don't use them....

I am only 2 mintues from it. Looks like I found another neighbor! If you ever see a young couple with a little boy with bright blonde hair there it might be me & DH!

Every item that I have been waiting to drop at that store its gone by the time I get there. I wanted some of the kids blankets like the Transformers one but the day they went to 75 they were gone :(

Count me in as a neighbor. I live on Seckman. If you see a woman that is at wit's end with a precocious 20 month old girl, it's me.

Ok STL women, stop shopping at the Vogel Target, lol. I live right by it so that is the only reason I am stuck shopping there. The next time I see someone cruising the end caps I am going to say Gotta Deal and see if they give me a weird look or say HI!!! Might be kind of strange, lol.

I live right around the corner from the Vogel store also. I believe StLMom almost lives across the road. I work in UCity so I can pass the So Lindbergh, Kirkwood and Grav Bluff stores depending on the way I drive home. Vogel is just so convenient but if they are not going to be nice to us we will need to shop elsewhere. ;)

If you gotta deal I will say hi! and then see what you have in your cart. :yup:

I live right around the corner from the Vogel store also. I believe StLMom almost lives across the road. I work in UCity so I can pass the So Lindbergh, Kirkwood and Grav Bluff stores depending on the way I drive home. Vogel is just so convenient but if they are not going to be nice to us we will need to shop elsewhere. ;)

If you gotta deal I will say hi! and then see what you have in your cart. :yup:

LOL!!!! Don't be snatchin what's in my cart. That was too funny! I agree, guess we need to start complaining more.

found a Henckels 8 piece knife set- originally 69.99 for 12.24. The red sticker was 34.28, so was more than the 75% off . Also found 2 of the Little tikes bubble Bellies (dinosaur and pig) for 2.46. they were mixed in with the other spring toys. dog collars,closet organizers, cedar hamper, plastic files all 75% off.

I live by Gravois Bluffs!. I also had problems with that Target last year with the Choxie bars. They refused to take my coupon even though it was from the Target web site. I haven't been there since.

For the bulk diapers that are 15% or 30% off, what kinds are ringing up on sale? Huggies or Pampers?

Thanks!

Also, for those having peanut butter problems, I am so sorry for the horrible customer service you are receiving. Who in the world has the right to tell anyone what a normal family eats?

To the Hampton Road gang, the Norfolk store had lots of things left.

I got a shark sewing machine org $299.99 for $75 they only had one left.

Easy set up gazebo for $19.98

They had the playhouse still 50% off. I found almost everything I was looking for.

got the step2 wagon today for 14.98!! Yay!!

You lucky duck! I will have to check and see if I can find one of these anywhere. I may have to hit Targets tonight.

Does anyone have the DPCI for the wagon and the link for the locator (I'm at work and have it saved on my home computer).

TIA :fluffy:

Now I feel a little cheated! - - - - - -> But still glad I paid the $30, it was the last 1.

Still a good deal!!! My Target has three at 50% off, I go everyday so I am hoping to get it at 75% off! If there is only one tomorrow at 50% I will buy it!!

At my Target they had a Sealy Cradle Rest body pillow (orig 39.99) on clearance for 9.96. Couldnt find anymore like it and then I noticed the red as is tag. So when I checked out I asked if they knew what was wrong with it and the CS lady told me it was returned but they couldnt put it back because the store doenst carry it. It wa purchesed on target.com. YEAY for me! I also got three crayola magic clay (i think thats what its called) with cinderellas castle for 1.98. Picked up makeup cases with hello kitty on them for 75% off 3.48. I also got the candles. I think they are cheap made but a huge pillar 3 wick candle for 1.98. We live in steeler country and they had North AFC long sleeved shirts marked down to 3.48 WOW i couldnt belive it!!

Last week I got a great Tball glove (louisville slugger, leather) for 3.XX (orig 14.99) and a Tball bat (ouisville slugger also) for 4.98 (orig 19.98). My sons first year of tball and I scored huge!!

Im starting to catch on the the Target PP!

I got a pair of men's fleece pajama pants for $3.74 and a nice pair of Isotoner gloves for $3.98. The gloves will come in handy when I have to go to Chicago next month for a trade show. I want to go back later they had tons of the belts and scarves for 75% off.

Yesterday I found a cute pair of sneakers for $3.24! I've been looking for new shoes anyway!

(This was the Target in Culver City, CA for anyone interested. It's the one on Jefferson.)