Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

Well, just got back from my trip and have a car load! I got soooo lucky and found a Little Tykes Tool Bench that had not been marked down. Did a quick scan and guess what? $25!!! It was originally $100! I also got a couple Ticke Me Elmo TMX dolls for $8, some really neat National Geographic toys for $7, a rockin F150 for $7, a twister dance DVD game for $7, Americal Idol game for $12 orginally $50!! I also got a bunch of other great things including some Bratz, Thomas The Train and some Target Brand toys for $2 and up to $7!!! On a side note, I went to Hobby Lobby too and shopped the 90% off isle and found lots of great Christmas crafts and scrapbooking stuff! Boy, what a busy day!!! :)

some really neat National Geographic toys for $7,

Just an FYI, if you are looking for these, be sure to check the new National Geographic Toys. I have found them mixed in several times. They old packaging (yellow, white & black) is all clearanced. The new stuff is that orangy color. Same think with the Esphera puzzles. Only some of them are clearanced, but they are often mixed in with regular stuff. I have a tendency to put those out when I find them because I'd like someone to get the deal.

anyone in Pasadena, the Madre store had several of the Art easels marked down today. Didn't want one, but saw several. The Lake store has little left, but there are 4 of those Spiderman Ride-on toys and some Lamaze ride-on toys. All about $5. Lamaze was on the clearance aisle, and I think they just showed up today. The spiderman ones are on an endcap, bottom shelf, not very obvious in sporting goods.

Does anyone know when the Dyson might get a 2nd mark down or does this usually happen with Dyson? Does anyone have one and if so do you like it?

I'm watching these as well. I have the 07 and love it, I'd like to upgrade to the 14.

Well, just got back from my trip and have a car load! I got soooo lucky and found a Little Tykes Tool Bench that had not been marked down. Did a quick scan and guess what? $25!!! It was originally $100! I also got a couple Ticke Me Elmo TMX dolls for $8, some really neat National Geographic toys for $7, a rockin F150 for $7, a twister dance DVD game for $7, Americal Idol game for $12 orginally $50!! I also got a bunch of other great things including some Bratz, Thomas The Train and some Target Brand toys for $2 and up to $7!!! On a side note, I went to Hobby Lobby too and shopped the 90% off isle and found lots of great Christmas crafts and scrapbooking stuff! Boy, what a busy day!!! :)

They had one of the little tykes tool bench at my store but it was opened so I passed!!

I am making another trip in a few minutes..lol. I am on the lookout for the Henckels set for $12.24 ...and other I am sure. Has anyone eslse seen the knife set ?? Also want to check the sporting goods for the Thomas pop up thing and tunnel...I am hoping they have marked down more since Friday !!

I was able to find a Barbie Island princess dress up dress that wasn't marked and I got one the Cabbage Patch kids that goes in the tub. I was thrilled that I was able to find anything this late in the game. My youngest dd will be 3 in August and I already have 3 gifts bought for her.

I also found a cute top for dd2 for $1.24 and Barbie nightgown for $3.24

quick question on price adjustments, I know this is probable mentioned somewhere else, but there are so many posts to look through...how long do you have to get a price adjustment if something you bought goes on sale?? NOT clearance, but sale. I bought a box of firewood, for almost 17 bucks about 10 days ago and they are on sale this week for $10. I know it's only $7, but every little bit helps right?? thanks so much:)

I prefer to rebuy and return with the higher receipt! Keeps them from treating me like I'm trying to pull something over on them!

I prefer to rebuy and return with the higher receipt! Keeps them from treating me like I'm trying to pull something over on them!

the problem with that is that if you do it too often, they'll stop allowing you to do returns. It isn't clear what their threshold is, but they do have one. If they lower their price within the 10 day period, they all know that it is their policy to adjust. No pulling a fast one, or their system wouldn't allow you to do it.

I remember there was someone looking for the Vtech digital camera when the toys were clearanced. Make sure you check on the post with the newer ones. I found one with the case behind 3 newer ones. It wasn't marked clearance in any way but came up $12.xx. You should look for one with the case, the newer packaging includes just the camera. HTH

the problem with that is that if you do it too often, they'll stop allowing you to do returns. It isn't clear what their threshold is, but they do have one. If they lower their price within the 10 day period, they all know that it is their policy to adjust. No pulling a fast one, or their system wouldn't allow you to do it.

If I am not correct, the only time they count the number of returns is if you don't have your receipt. Otherwise, if you pay cash for instance, they have no idea how many times you return. I don't think the threshold relates to returns with receipts which is what they are doing. and I return ALL the time, not because I am repurchasing items lower, but would if I could, but I am a little of an impulse buyer

I remember there was someone looking for the Vtech digital camera when the toys were clearanced. Make sure you check on the post with the newer ones. I found one with the case behind 3 newer ones. It wasn't marked clearance in any way but came up $12.xx. You should look for one with the case, the newer packaging includes just the camera. HTH

I didn't even think to look threw the new toys. Thanks for the info. I guess I will be going to Target tomorrow!

If I am not correct, the only time they count the number of returns is if you don't have your receipt. Otherwise, if you pay cash for instance, they have no idea how many times you return. I don't think the threshold relates to returns with receipts which is what they are doing. and I return ALL the time, not because I am repurchasing items lower, but would if I could, but I am a little of an impulse buyer

This has always been my experience. The threshold is when one is paying without a receipt. I've gotten multiple price adjustments/done multiple returns and have never had a problem but I've always had my receipts. Target's return policies have taught me to be a packrat with my receipts. One never knows when it may be needed.

Wish I did! If anyone else knows of one, do speak up!! :)

This is the only one that any site has listed. DO NOT rely on it. As many can attest we have looked up products that say available only to drive long distances & the items are not there. I have also found items that say not avail that are in the store. I'm not sure how often this systum is updated. If your store is not too far it's worth a try. If you drive 20 min like me, I try to have a backup plan like looking for mm or using coupon deals,so I don't leave empty handed.

I was at Target on Saturday and got the Hannah Montana in Concert Stage for $14.98 normally $60. The kids are thrilled! They had 2 so I grabbed them both and am planning on giving one to my niece for her birthday on Feb. 1st.

Oh no! They track you by your credit card. If you are paying cash, no problem, at least for now. But they track the returns related to all credit cards. Several companies are now requiring your drivers license and swiping it each time you return. They track you that way. They use a company called The Return Exchange, which has a huge database based on your DL#. Fortunately, Target is not yet one of them. KB Toys, Staples, & Sports Authority all do this. If you ever get denied the right to return something there is a site that is fighting this battle that wants to know:

http://www.privacyrights.org/ar/ReturnExchange.htm

As I understand it, they look at a % of your returns as they relate to your overall purchases. There isn't a fixed number, but probably a percentage overall. I was doing some reading on the topic yesterday and found a bunch of industry articles.

well i can say most of my purchases are with debit cards. I return probably 1/3 of what I buy. And often make returns from up to 15 receipts at one time. Never been turned down. I know things changed early last year, but they have no posted return limit. I have purchased under the circumstances you describe from Express/Structure and you can do so many at a time, but it is posted. Let Target try that and see what happens without anything posted or on the receipt.

I just got back...they still have not marked down the stuff in sporting goods. But they did a big markdown on grils and boys clothing, infants had still not been marked down at our store. I got boys jammies with feet for $3.24, a christmas dress for next year for my daughter $4.98, alos the kids flannel sheets are down to 50%. Lots of shoes still 75%. I was able to find a Transformers Chess set $29.99 marked to $7.48 !!! They also has lots of easels left/ My store had 2 pressure washers, but also above the pressure washers markes "as is" were kid's wall decals, Disney Princess, Diney Fairies and Spiderman marked from $13.99 to $3.54. They are the peel off kind.

I thought someone was looking for the Snapfish sets to be reduced more. I can't find the original post, but today in Greenville, SC they were 50% off. Yesterday, I checked a different one & they were still 30% there.

Yes -- I am!! Thank you for the heads up -- I will venture to my Target tomorrow and look for the box sets.

I found something that came up item not found. It is a Disney Princess fairy cosmetic set. Comes with lipgloss, nailpolish with some kind of a feather on top. Also includes a cosmetic bag. Cashier gave it to me for about 1.75. Don't know what the regular price was. Anyone seen this?

I found something that came up item not found. It is a Disney Princess fairy cosmetic set. Comes with lipgloss, nailpolish with some kind of a feather on top. Also includes a cosmetic bag. Cashier gave it to me for about 1.75. Don't know what the regular price was. Anyone seen this?

i don't remember the regular price but i found these on clearance for $0.59.

Just got back from my target in Chicagoland area and our Shutterfly stuff is still only 30% (waiting for that to go atleast 50%) Was able to get a few toys that were a good deal because luckily this target is too lazy to mark all the toys down to 75% so I was able to find some that other people didn't realize had gone to 75% I actually found a digital camera toy from National Geographic there that was $60 down to $15 (still marked $50), but didn't get it because I don't know any kids that need it, mine are still very young. But what a deal!

Here is my awesome deal for the night...I found the digital picture ornament just sitting on a shelf. Of course it came up item not found. The lady asked me if I knew how much they were, told her I knew they were 90% off and I could only guess they were about $30 (don't know how accurate that was, they may have been less.) So after they couldn't find a price I got it for $3.00!!! I love when that happens! :D