Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

There were a lot of great deals on clothes today! I got 2 hoodies and a skirt for $4.98 each. I found a lot more, but clothing is the last thing I need!

I also saw some great deals on coats for men. Black and Brown leather jackets for $24.98 and a really cute black coat for $14.98. I called my boyfriend, dad, and brother but none of them wanted one. I hurt to leave them there! :o

There were a lot of great deals on clothes today! I got 2 hoodies and a skirt for $4.98 each. I found a lot more, but clothing is the last thing I need!

I also saw some great deals on coats for men. Black and Brown leather jackets for $24.98 and a really cute black coat for $14.98. I called my boyfriend, dad, and brother but none of them wanted one. I hurt to leave them there! :o

Saw a guy looking at the jackets Sunday. He was all excited about the brown leather one. Came over to his wife in shoes (with child) and asked if she liked it. Before she even looked up she said "NO!" He was so upset and hurt. Then she is all back-peddling but still telling him no for all sorts of reasons. Boiled down to her being a snob about buying a leather jacket at Target! Her DH was none-too-pleased!

Saw a guy looking at the jackets Sunday. He was all excited about the brown leather one. Came over to his wife in shoes (with child) and asked if she liked it. Before she even looked up she said "NO!" He was so upset and hurt. Then she is all back-peddling but still telling him no for all sorts of reasons. Boiled down to her being a snob about buying a leather jacket at Target! Her DH was none-too-pleased!

Not much of a snob material cuz doesn't she know anything about all the people that line up for when Target gets big name designers to do a "fashion line" and people go wait on line early to grab all the clothes? Kind of like what H&M does sometimes...remember the Madonna line?

So people do buy nice clothes at Target nYah!:gdlicklips:

That's sooo sad... If my hubby found something that he really liked ANYWHERE and the price was good, I would go ahead and get it for him. But... my hubby shops mainly at walmart, kmart and target.. We dont go too often to the stores in the mall.

Oh.. I did see a commercial for Target last night, they are going to get Converse shoes soon! I thought that was pretty sweet! I wonder if that lady would have been as snobby if her hubby picked up some converse tennis shoes at Target??

That's sooo sad... If my hubby found something that he really liked ANYWHERE and the price was good, I would go ahead and get it for him. But... my hubby shops mainly at walmart, kmart and target.. We dont go too often to the stores in the mall.

Oh.. I did see a commercial for Target last night, they are going to get Converse shoes soon! I thought that was pretty sweet! I wonder if that lady would have been as snobby if her hubby picked up some converse tennis shoes at Target??

Yeah, I thought it was pretty pathetic. Her DH was pretty ticked because she didn't even look before she started saying No. If my DH would even look for his own clothes I'd be perfectly pleased! On the other hand, I wouldn't really want him to. I saw some of the clothes he had picked for himself when we got married!:razz:

Can anyone help me please i need size 3t or 4t navy hanes jogging set .Please if you see this at target get if for me i will pay u what ever you ask i would love 2 sets.My daughter's school will only allow this when it's cold thank you in advance

I picked up a light weight wool blend cable v neck sweater for me for $4.xx, the signs still say 30% off, but an employee was putting new stickers on the sweaters. They also had the v-neck cable sweaters, all in the clothes clearance area. It's perfect for winter here (SoCalif). Toys were all gone, the only Valentine's Day was in the Dollar Spot...a lot of the summer outdoor furniture was out.

Yeah, I thought it was pretty pathetic. Her DH was pretty ticked because she didn't even look before she started saying No. If my DH would even look for his own clothes I'd be perfectly pleased! On the other hand, I wouldn't really want him to. I saw some of the clothes he had picked for himself when we got married!:razz:

My husband actually still has some of the clothing he had when we got married! :no: And we've been together for over 6 years!

He HATES shopping for clothes, but whenever he does need something and I pick it out, it doesn't get worn very often. He hates spending money on clothes for himself....oh well. More $ for me to buy clothes for me! :yup:;)

That poor guy! I bought a nice leather coat from Target about 7-8 years ago and LOVED it. It was my favorite jacket!!

My question, though...this lady was too snobby about buying a leather jacket at Target, but she was IN TARGET. Hmmmmm.....:confused:

Hmmmm.... My husband does buy a lot of his own clothes, and if it's something that I don't like, well.... it somehow gets lost :D, or shrunk... :yup: or a spot of bleach...:P well, you get the idea.

Luckily for me, that doesn't happen too often, he's pretty good about picking out clothes.

I couldn't imagine treating anyone like that... poor guy.

Hmmmm.... My husband does buy a lot of his own clothes, and if it's something that I don't like, well.... it somehow gets lost , or shrunk... or a spot of bleach... well, you get the idea.

Luckily for me, that doesn't happen too often, he's pretty good about picking out clothes.

Lucky You!! My husband doesnt even know his size! He will always ask me what his inseam is..as he usually forgets..lol..

I didnt even know Target carried leather jackets...Will have to check that out today.

Hmmm... really? Where did they put it? I ask because they usually clearance the bulk stuff to make space.

Yes i hit pay dirt today.Went to target to peruse and they were marking down the bulk stuff from 15-30% off.Soaps, cerals, even toilet paper.Who knew TP would go out of style.(LOL). combine those prices with coupons and the clipless coupons i got alot of great bargains.Alot of the bulk soaps and cleaners came with freebies samples on them.

I go to yard sales and flea markets a lot. My husband has a hard time with that because he has a stigma about used stuff. I usually just hide the stuff until it resurfaces. I tell him "we always had that!" He thinks I am just crazy concerning the clearance shopping though...

I bet that snooty woman and her husband have serious credit card debt! Her poor husband...

Yes i hit pay dirt today.Went to target to peruse and they were marking down the bulk stuff from 15-30% off.Soaps, cerals, even toilet paper.Who knew TP would go out of style.(LOL). combine those prices with coupons and the clipless coupons i got alot of great bargains.Alot of the bulk soaps and cleaners came with freebies samples on them.

I did this at my Target today too. They were almost all gone here! They moved some of it to the endcaps in the cleaners area. The rest was piled in one aisle and Valentine's was being set-up. Glad I read your post before going as I remembered to grab my coupons!Thanks!

Just went and organized my toy/clothes stash from target and jc penny

I have 3 children ages 7-10

they each now have their own shelf, plus clothes hung up for next year

I just sorted out the stuff for my son's 9th birthday,

these are the things he's getting

pirates of carribean weapon and gear: 24.99 / 6.24

Lego exo-force 49.99 / 12.48

pirate attack 2 pk 24.99 / 6.24

pirate of carribean? 9.50 / 3.50

spiderman ls shirt 22.00 / 5

spiderman pjs 30.00 / 4.80

pirates of carr. costume 50.00 / 15.00

bionicle 9.99 / 2.48

digital clock 10.00 / 2.00

pirates of carr. socks 9.50 / 4.79

unleashed transformer 20.00 / 6.00

pair of tennis shoes 12.99 / 3.24

total of retail $281.00

my price $74.00

THIS IS WHY WE DO THIS!!! Savings of $207

Oh I also have 2 shelves of toys gifts for everyone, an entire shelf of gifts for gift bags, and when my husband saw the 4X4 truck he said that's mine!

Plus all the winter coats for next year are bought, they are all getting jean jackets, clothes, toys, and wii games for Easter, and most of their school clothes for next year are done too!

I love Gotta Deal, Target, JC penny, Kohls, and Disney clearance!!

I found this great Kitchen Aid cookware set today! Reg. $199.99, paid $49.98.

http://www.target.com/KitchenAid-Double-Capped-10-pc-Cookware-Copper/dp/B000LZ9YY2/ref=cm_reviews_dp_seemore/602-2857071-0974269?ie=UTF8&coliid=&frombrowse=1&alt%5Fview=custReviews&asin=B000LZ9YY2#R2XJCCPUK0J1C4

Also found a PC game my husband will love! It's called Company of Heroes and was 75% off. Reg. $29.99, paid $7.48.

Howdy all!

Both Targets we visited were basically wiped out, but I did manage to pick up a few things. I don't have time to list the deals right now, but here is the appx. tally for the toys I found....$311 for $78. Not as good as some people have done, but I was still excited. The Graco baby doll nursery set was my favorite find. It was $49.99 and I got it for $12 something. The Bratz bus thing had a sticker of $9.99, but it rang up $3 something.

:cheesy:

Hit the jackpot today at Target. I went to get one of those $5 easles and found one 10X better for $10. It was mis-placed on the top shelf in sporting goods! Retails for $40!!!

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/602-2241366-8092609?ASIN=B000Q41VLM&AFID=Froogle&LNM=B000Q41VLM|RoseArt_Smart_Easel&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=B000Q41VLM&ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001

There was one of those Def Leopard guitars for $50 mis-placed and a spiderman ride-on also misplaced. Left them there....

Lucky You!! My husband doesnt even know his size! He will always ask me what his inseam is..as he usually forgets..lol..

I didnt even know Target carried leather jackets...Will have to check that out today.

I am lucky... He was trained quite well by his mother. :D Now if I can get our son trained half as good... lol.

Not much at my Target today, all the clearance is pretty much wiped out and picked over. I'm waiting for the Bazaar items!:yup:

Yet another Target question... Let's say I get something at one store on clearance and another Target has the same item for full price. If I return the item w/o the receipt to the full price store, will I get the clearance price back or full price?

Target no longer accepts returns without a reciept, or CC look-up.

Okay, LOL! Look at us. We don't even consider full priced merchandise anymore! GB has been on the sales floor for about a week, and we are already asking this question! I was actually wondering how long it would take before we moved to this topic.

I checked, and it looks like Valentines went 90% on the 21st and GB went 75% on the 22nd. Hope that helps! Heck, we don't even have Valentines Day stuff out yet! I am fairly surprised that they haven't gotten it on the sales floor by now. Walmart and all the drug stores do.

Thanks! I don't believe on paying full price because eventually it will get marked down. It's all a matter of patience and it's also fun bargain shopping.:)

Anyone hear anything on the Sporting Goods/Toys markdown? Will it go to only 50% or will it go straight to 75% this week? My 16 month old just popped a whole in his ball pit and I noticed Target had a few.. Plus he would like the Little Tykes Wagon and the Playhouse. It is him that wants it all not me...

On the shutterfly things, can you tell me if they ever expire? Like, if I bought some now, would I still be able to use them for Christmas? TIA

Jamie

They are good for 2 years from the date you purchase them at Target. The only thing in the box is basically a piece of paper with an activation code that shows through so that the cashier can scan it to activate; then there is a scratch off code for you to enter when you get out to the Shutterfly website. So it's pretty much a box with nothing in it... just a piece of cardboard and a piece of paper.

They are good for 2 years from the date you purchase them at Target. The only thing in the box is basically a piece of paper with an activation code that shows through so that the cashier can scan it to activate; then there is a scratch off code for you to enter when you get out to the Shutterfly website. So it's pretty much a box with nothing in it... just a piece of cardboard and a piece of paper.

Thanks!

Hit the jackpot today at Target. I went to get one of those $5 easles and found one 10X better for $10. It was mis-placed on the top shelf in sporting goods! Retails for $40!!!

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/602-2241366-8092609?ASIN=B000Q41VLM&AFID=Froogle&LNM=B000Q41VLM|RoseArt_Smart_Easel&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=B000Q41VLM&ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001

I've been eyeing the same easel since it was posted on here that is was going clearance and I finally got it this moring...tried to see if there were anymore close to me and the only store that had 3 instock was 2 hours away!

Anyone hear anything on the Sporting Goods/Toys markdown? Will it go to only 50% or will it go straight to 75% this week? My 16 month old just popped a whole in his ball pit and I noticed Target had a few.. Plus he would like the Little Tykes Wagon and the Playhouse. It is him that wants it all not me...

I am just keeping watch........hoping tomorrow for the Playhouse....anyone go today and their stuff marked down more?

Not sure when it will go or how much, but I called ours today and they said no, I have to go over tomorrow to return a couple of things, so I'll post if it hits tomorrow, I'm hoping it does, someone in here got a bike for 11.98. My oldest daughter can use a new bike!