Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

Okay went to the Bellingham Wa. Target this morning, got there at 7:45... a line up of Men waiting to get in. No women, just men.

The sale was actually yesterday, but thought I would check it out anyway, was going down for the Old Navy sale anyway..

All the men were running to... the toys!!! I couldn't believe it, only one went to get the tool box that was on sale...

It was picked over, but they still had 2 isles of toys left, plus the endcaps.

Spent $219.00 and got 2 overflowing buggies worth of toys, including the Princess throne chair.. Not sure what to do with it, as my granddaughter is 8 and is not into that stuff anymore, but at that price, I will find someone to give it to..

Did the endcap thing this time, I've done it in a few isles before, but this time I did it over the whole store, and I found some great buys, toys that were left there, and a bunch of other christmas gift packs and stuff. It was great.

Between target and ON, the back of my SUV was full as well as the back seat.

Thanks for all the tips!!

I got about 10 webkins for 2.47 each. if you see any and they say 9.08 tell the people at the register they should be 75% off. both cashiers too the 75% off the last price. i also got some of the bratz doll that were marked once but they took and extra 75% off.

i spent around 300 at target today and now i have to hide it from husband. i am waiting for him to leave for his off duty shift tonight to come and put it all away.

Our Target does not carry webkinz. You are so lucky!!!

I am so jealous. :shock:My DD wants the cottage. I have been on the look out for one. I am also in Northern CA...which target did you find it at?

I found it at the Hesperian target in Hayward

Okay went to the Bellingham Wa. Target this morning, got there at 7:45... a line up of Men waiting to get in. No women, just men.

The sale was actually yesterday, but thought I would check it out anyway, was going down for the Old Navy sale anyway..

All the men were running to... the toys!!! I couldn't believe it, only one went to get the tool box that was on sale...

It was picked over, but they still had 2 isles of toys left, plus the endcaps.

Spent $219.00 and got 2 overflowing buggies worth of toys, including the Princess throne chair.. Not sure what to do with it, as my granddaughter is 8 and is not into that stuff anymore, but at that price, I will find someone to give it to..

Did the endcap thing this time, I've done it in a few isles before, but this time I did it over the whole store, and I found some great buys, toys that were left there, and a bunch of other christmas gift packs and stuff. It was great.

Between target and ON, the back of my SUV was full as well as the back seat.

Thanks for all the tips!!

You know why there was a line of men waiting outside of Target at 7:45, they're Hot Wheels collectors. FYI-I can almost guarantee you outside of practically every single Target in the US there are Hot Wheels guys there waiting for Target to open so they can run in for the Hot Wheels display to see if they stocked new cars. They're all searching for TREASURE HUNT cars. ON the Hot Wheels card it says Treasure Hunt on it and it's in Green Writing on the card, you can't miss it. So whenever you're in Target, check the Hot Wheels display to see if you find one, and every single time buy it for a buck if you can find one-just to spite these men. They're usually all gone after the men race in there every morning to fight over that one car. Sorry, I used to collect action figures and I figured out why I could never find certain hard to find ones-the Hot Wheels guys raid the toys every single day and buy all the limited produced stuff.

Well it is 11:40 here, and I just got back from my 1 1/2 hour trip to one of the closer Targets to me. Needless to say I was really disappointed (as I knew might be the case) as they had only 1 aisle of clearance left when yesterday the lady told me they had EIGHT!! :( Well it was all mostly junk but I did get the Cool Toyz christmas train for $3.XX and a LPS for 2.48 but that was it.

I REALLY wanted to get my son the Thomas The Train birthday set, but they were out. My son picked out this toy the 2 times we went on a shopping trip to our nearest Targets (1 hour and 1 1/2 hours away). I really wish I could have gotten it for $4.XX as the cheapest I saw it was on clearance for $13.XX. :( Okay, I am done feeling sorry for myself now...

Well it is 11:40 here, and I just got back from my 1 1/2 hour trip to one of the closer Targets to me. Needless to say I was really disappointed (as I knew might be the case) as they had only 1 aisle of clearance left when yesterday the lady told me they had EIGHT!! :( Well it was all mostly junk but I did get the Cool Toyz christmas train for $3.XX and a LPS for 2.48 but that was it.

I REALLY wanted to get my son the Thomas The Train birthday set, but they were out. My son picked out this toy the 2 times we went on a shopping trip to our nearest Targets (1 hour and 1 1/2 hours away). I really wish I could have gotten it for $4.XX as the cheapest I saw it was on clearance for $13.XX. :( Okay, I am done feeling sorry for myself now...

I just sent you a PM. I have 2 of these. :yup::yup::yup:

How many people hide their trips to Target from the other half? I feel like I have to and we aren't even married yet!

I do! I hide my stash in the garage, otherwise my DH would just say, "And who are all these toys for? Don't we have enough toys? Blah, blah, blah". ha ha!

I also hid half of my Old Navy stash from today. Hey, if he doesn't see it, and doesn't notice new stuff around the house, then why bother? I feel like I am saving us lots of money, so I should get these good deals.

I was so bummed because I went to my Target (in Folsom) on Wednesday and Thursday, and still no 75% off clearance. I bet it went 75% off today when I was at Old Navy! But, my mom, who is in Orange County, CA, got stuff for me at the Spectrum Target. She got:

Crayola Princess Cutter sets $5

Crayola Mess-Free Sprayer Sets $5

Barbie Gymnastic Diva Stunt Stars (2 Barbies in a pack) $6.74

Bratz Costume Party dress up set $2.48

Hi Glamm long leg doll (I don't know what this is!) $2.48

Playskool Bounce and Go $6.98

When I got to Target this morning, there were only a few ladies in the Toys Clearance area and we were all being very civil. The markdown team had only marked down 1 aisle but were feverishly getting items marked down. They were also very pleasant so kudos to them.

By about 0900, many of us had our overflowing carts. I was overflowing on my one shopping cart and trying to figure out how to get a second one without losing sight of my cart, my purse but most importantly my 4 year old daughter.

Then these two women with Starbucks in hand came RUNNING down the main aisle to the area speaking loudly to get the toys, etc. It was hysterical to watch them hit the brakes when they saw all of us with our overflowing carts. lol It's like they felt they would have run of the toy clearance aisles. They quieted down after that.

I saw them come out after they paid as I was still doing creative packing of my 2 cartloads of toys into my minivan. I still had the cartload plus of items from my Target trip yesterday in my vehicle. They each came out with about half a cartload.

I know this sounds really terrible but my first thought was 'AMATEURS'...lol :P

You know why there was a line of men waiting outside of Target at 7:45, they're Hot Wheels collectors. FYI-I can almost guarantee you outside of practically every single Target in the US there are Hot Wheels guys there waiting for Target to open so they can run in for the Hot Wheels display to see if they stocked new cars. They're all searching for TREASURE HUNT cars. ON the Hot Wheels card it says Treasure Hunt on it and it's in Green Writing on the card, you can't miss it. So whenever you're in Target, check the Hot Wheels display to see if you find one, and every single time buy it for a buck if you can find one-just to spite these men. They're usually all gone after the men race in there every morning to fight over that one car. Sorry, I used to collect action figures and I figured out why I could never find certain hard to find ones-the Hot Wheels guys raid the toys every single day and buy all the limited produced stuff.

This should be enough to shush any questions about how ridiculous we can when it comes to shopping. I think at the end of the day, we are all guilty of shopping, just men and women look for different things, no?

Personally, I think we shouldn't have to hide our stash..at the end of the day we are saving money, as another GD'er said! And everyone benefits LOL :D

I do! I hide my stash in the garage, otherwise my DH would just say, "And who are all these toys for? Don't we have enough toys? Blah, blah, blah". ha ha!

I also hid have of my Old Navy stash from today. Hey, if he doesn't see it, and doesn't notice new stuff around the house, then why bother? I feel like I am saving us lots of money, so I should get these good deals.

Whatever will you do when he sees the bills? Or do you handle the bills, which means he won't *really* ever have to find out! LOL :P

When I got to Target this morning, there were only a few ladies in the Toys Clearance area and we were all being very civil. The markdown team had only marked down 1 aisle but were feverishly getting items marked down. They were also very pleasant so kudos to them.

By about 0900, many of us had our overflowing carts. I was overflowing on my one shopping cart and trying to figure out how to get a second one without losing sight of my cart, my purse but most importantly my 4 year old daughter.

Then these two women with Starbucks in hand came RUNNING down the main aisle to the area speaking loudly to get the toys, etc. It was hysterical to watch them hit the brakes when they saw all of us with our overflowing carts. lol It's like they felt they would have run of the toy clearance aisles. They quieted down after that.

I saw them come out after they paid as I was still doing creative packing of my 2 cartloads of toys into my minivan. I still had the cartload plus of items from my Target trip yesterday in my vehicle. They each came out with about half a cartload.

I know this sounds really terrible but my first thought was 'AMATEURS'...lol :P

I am sorry to say this too but that is hilarious. I thrive on good deals. I went in for 2 cans of shaving cream yesterday and spent $100 on toys. But I didn't forget the shaving cream haha! I love to find good deals and you should be proud of yourself!!!

Went to my Target yesterday and nothing let by one aisle of junk! I did get some deals the day before(although I missed a lot due to work)but I could not help but feel let down. The Target toy clearence is over now, the Amazon toy clearence is over, nothing much to look forward to

Uhh, that IS why Mattel produces them. And why they are called "treasure." Almost all the toy manufacturers produce "chase" pieces, and action figure collectors are exactly the same.

DH said there was something on the news about someone shoplifting at Target & reselling on Ebay. Cleveland area. I know it's not a deal, but did anyone hear about this??? With the great clearance they have it makes no sence!!

I couldn't find this when I googled it, but I did find a set of stories from October about this and other similar stuff. The people who are doing it are generally very focused on specific products that are in high demand but that aren't clearance. One guy was doing bar code switching. He would buy $100 Lego sets. He'd pick up 5 or 10 and put them all in his cart, stick a different bar code (for a $19 item) over the one on the top, then head for the youngest cashier on the registers (okay that last sounds familiar). When they finally caught him, he had a van load of Legos and an itinerary for hitting Target, Walmart & TRU daily.

There are lots of other interesting stories in this article, and it is WELL WORTH the time to read it. You begin to understand better why Target has changed its return policy to become such a stickler for receipts:

http://www.denverpost.com/grow/ci_4547844

I am sorry to say this too but that is hilarious. I thrive on good deals. I went in for 2 cans of shaving cream yesterday and spent $100 on toys. But I didn't forget the shaving cream haha! I love to find good deals and you should be proud of yourself!!!

Thanks! :) I love to find good deals too. My friends make fun of me because I am always bargain shopping but they are always impressed when they know how much I paid (or didn't pay).

The first Target I went to yesterday I was on a mission for toys only. Then the second store I was going to return a couple of items that I had bought at 50% off but found at 75% off and do my 'regular' shopping. That store was 30%-50% off the day before so I wasn't sure they would be at 75% off. I knew they were when I saw a lady in the checkout line with a cart full of toys. Of course, I headed to toys first and THEN got the other items. :)

I have wondered the same thing,you know we have to have crossed paths. I was there at 9:15 am yesterday and 8:00 am today and racked up.Went to Old Navy tonight, huge deals for the 3 kiddos.

Guess we have all crossed paths. I was at Target on Thursday at 8:30 am. I had the place to myself till about 9:00. It was peaceful. :) I got most of the stuff I wanted and more. I am sure I saw both of you then. I stayed till about 10:30 even skipped out of my tennis class to be there. Did they have any new stuff out at 8:00 am on Friday? I went to Old Navy instead. It was around 12:00 when I got to Target. I was able to pick up an Art Easel for my daughter. Did you see the Art Tables? One lady bought about 10 of them. They were all $9.98. I was actually at Old Navy again tonight. I had a few things to return and more to buy. No Target for me today. My oldest is having a sweet 16 party.

Happy Target shopping!!

How many people hide their trips to Target from the other half? I feel like I have to and we aren't even married yet!

Count me in, :yup:" Don't you think the kids have enough toys ?!?!?!?" Can't we get rid of some of this stuff " (yeah, like the cheap junk the grand parents get them, even after they've asked what the kid's would like as gifts). She grew up poor, while was middle class and I love the "Hunt" i.e. models, action figures,trading cards, now its Lego for me and the boys.

Guilty of hidling as well, dh hates the fact I am buying stuff for next year birthdays, christmas and whatever else- I also my for my parents to give for the kids. The toys go to our kids (birthday, christmas), nieces, nephews, my kids friends birthday parties, I also donate some of the toys too. I do admit, I have gone way overboard and find that I bought too much stuff that I thought I needed but I didn't.

Recently, with the clearance sale I bought the RoboPets, Panda, and Quad thing. My oldest dd loves that kind of stuff and we could never afford $100.00 on each thing, so in my defense $25.00 for each toy is more reasonable.

He would buy $100 Lego sets. He'd pick up 5 or 10 and put them all in his cart, stick a different bar code (for a $19 item) over the one on the top, then head for the youngest cashier on the registers (okay that last sounds familiar). When they finally caught him, he had a van load of Legos and an itinerary for hitting Target, Walmart & TRU daily.

There are lots of other interesting stories in this article, and it is WELL WORTH the time to read it. You begin to understand better why Target has changed its return policy to become such a stickler for receipts:

http://www.denverpost.com/grow/ci_4547844

I just don't understand this. We had a woman go to jail around here a year or two ago for doing the same thing. I never understood the whole bar code switching thing that authorities said she did on electronics. Aren't the bar codes part of the UPC label built into the box? How does anyone switch that? Very weird what people are willing to chance just to make a buck or two.

Hi Juanadeal! Let me know in the morning if there is anything left or if the aisles were cleared out. There were women waiting in the clearance aisle watching them unpack boxes when I was there. My closest store is the Union, NJ one but I go to Watchung often because they usually have more!

I love your saying - home in NJ, heart in NY. I'm originally a New Yorker too (Westchester County):yup:

Sorry but I didn't make it last night. DH just didn't understand the situation and I really don't think that me explaining it to him in detail would have helped. I'm sure there's nothing left by now :no:.

What part of Westchester? My very first job was at Caldor on Central Ave in Yonkers. I keep trying to remember Black Friday back then but I can't.

I'll keep an eye out for them.. Where are they located in the store? I never saw them before?

Usually electronics - on the endcaps. I have seen them on the endcap at plainfield in electronic in like a black display box.

They are white boxxes (looks like a book) that has shutterfly written in like pink or green. They are for photos.

Guess we have all crossed paths. I was at Target on Thursday at 8:30 am. I had the place to myself till about 9:00. It was peaceful. :) I got most of the stuff I wanted and more. I am sure I saw both of you then. I stayed till about 10:30 even skipped out of my tennis class to be there. Did they have any new stuff out at 8:00 am on Friday? I went to Old Navy instead. It was around 12:00 when I got to Target. I was able to pick up an Art Easel for my daughter. Did you see the Art Tables? One lady bought about 10 of them. They were all $9.98. I was actually at Old Navy again tonight. I had a few things to return and more to buy. No Target for me today. My oldest is having a sweet 16 party.

Happy Target shopping!!

I was at ON Friday night as well, too funny.Target was more condensed Friday. I still managed to find new things. I went this morning to return/exchange at ON.Found out they didn't open till 9am. Ran over to Target, not much left but did still find a few things.I did not see any art tables. I am so well known, when I was sick and didn't go for a few weeks. She asked where I had been? Do you take tennis from David? He is a good friend of ours.I am ashamed to admit I was in Target everyday from Tues untill Today. I don't plan to go back until Tuesday, my DS is in preschool.

Have a great party!