Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

With the Sporting Good toys, will they go to 50 or 75%

I have been watching the playhouse - it is 50% off our Target-asked if I could have it at 75% off yesterday since it was in with the clearance toys. It was a definite "NO". If I buy it this week and it goes down to 75% off next week...will they price adjust???

This is my first posts. I went to Target last night (now kicking myself for not going tonight as well) and I found:

AND MY MAJOR DEAL OF THE DAY..... (I'm so excited about this one :cheesy:)

Playskool Rose Petal Cottage 08605281 for 19.98!!! Originally 79.99

THANK YOU GOTTADEAL-ERS!

I am so jealous. :shock:My DD wants the cottage. I have been on the look out for one. I am also in Northern CA...which target did you find it at?

I have been watching the playhouse - it is 50% off our Target-asked if I could have it at 75% off yesterday since it was in with the clearance toys. It was a definite "NO". If I buy it this week and it goes down to 75% off next week...will they price adjust???

I was told yestardy that they will price match it...but I would check with your store to be sure.

Target does not give price adjustments on clearance items. My mom has been with the company for years and it's always been like this. She says it is a company wide policy.

I "think" some stores are considering this an outdoor toy/sporting equip and maybe why it didn't go down?!?!?!

I am so jealous. :shock:My DD wants the cottage. I have been on the look out for one. I am also in Northern CA...which target did you find it at?

There is a coupon on the Target toys website for $15 off that Rose Petal Cottage. (I think it's the same thing.) I haven't tried using it, but it might be worth a try if you don't mind using expireds!

thanks everyone !! especially love2shopca !!! :D i went to lake 1st just like you said, thanks !! we waited there then waited forever @ madre store too ! :) What where you wearing and what color is your hair ? my mom went to alhambra and rosemead, and they had not gone down yet...Do you know they or eagle rock did ? Hope everyone had a great day :yup:

I think I was wearing jeans, brown hair & glasses. I don't stand out much. How about you? what were you wearing, and who was with you? I might have seen you! Did you get what you were after? There were a LOT of people at Lake going crazy.

I did go over to Eagle Rock and they had done it but there was almost nothing left. I don't think I bought anything there yesterday. We went to Alhambra after school, but since they hadn't marked down further we only bought some things my boys wanted to get with their Christmas gift cards. One of them was excited to find the same Pokemon Diamond & Pearl Pokedex that someone else mentioned because it had a red sticker on it. Same thing as the other poster mentioned, they clearly mis-marked it, but it meant he could afford it with the gift card! He is a happy boy!

I enjoyed the summer the clearance a bit more than this one but still this was good. Anyway, I just wanted to post my little exchange w/the cashier yesterday as I was buying my 75% off toys. First of all, she was surprised about the prices but in a good way. I then started to comment how it would be nice to be part of the markdown team (she asked if I worked for target cause I used their terminology LOL!!) and I said no but I told her that it would be nice to be part of that team because they get to pick out the toys they want as they are marking them down.

BTW, there were about 3 or 4 markdown team ladies putting things into their cart and telling each other, hey I got this toy, do you think your daughter would like it. so the cashier tells me they are not supposed to that. She said not even managers can do that. They are supposed to wait until they are on a break. I told her I had seen many employees do this and she was just kind of upset and taken aback that this was going on because "it is against the rules".

So I don't know if I got those ladies in the markdown team in trouble or not and I know this topic has been mentioned already and I mostly agreed that it was ok if they got their stuff while they markdowned. But now I know for sure that they are not supposed to be doing that so maybe my mind has changed a little.

You all have me so tempted to go over to mine and look! It's right across the street....SO TEMPTING!!! :)

But, looking at the lists, I don't see much that we'd buy. Even going through the stuff when it was 30% off, I couldn't find much, and I WANTED to shop! :)

My kids have WAY too much already....but I do love a deal! :D

I enjoyed the summer the clearance a bit more than this one but still this was good. Anyway, I just wanted to post my little exchange w/the cashier yesterday as I was buying my 75% off toys. First of all, she was surprised about the prices but in a good way. I then started to comment how it would be nice to be part of the markdown team (she asked if I worked for target cause I used their terminology LOL!!) and I said no but I told her that it would be nice to be part of that team because they get to pick out the toys they want as they are marking them down.

BTW, there were about 3 or 4 markdown team ladies putting things into their cart and telling each other, hey I got this toy, do you think your daughter would like it. so the cashier tells me they are not supposed to that. She said not even managers can do that. They are supposed to wait until they are on a break. I told her I had seen many employees do this and she was just kind of upset and taken aback that this was going on because "it is against the rules".

So I don't know if I got those ladies in the markdown team in trouble or not and I know this topic has been mentioned already and I mostly agreed that it was ok if they got their stuff while they markdowned. But now I know for sure that they are not supposed to be doing that so maybe my mind has changed a little.

I saw the empolyees doing the same thing. One guy had three carts full of stuff!

Was this regularly 199.99? I saw a play house yesterday at the Target in Hillard Ohio that was reg. 199.99 marked down to 49.99. I didn't have any room at all in my van for it though.

I saw the empolyees doing the same thing. One guy had three carts full of stuff!

I saw this too. I didn't mind at all at the first one where MOST of the mark down team were super nice and helpful. They had brought back extra carts for the customers in case they needed another one and were willing to price check things. So for them, I was happy they were able to get in on the great deals.

However, I wasn't so thrilled at a couple other stores. Employees marking down other things around the store were pulling along a cart load of toys as they worked. That just seemed kind of weird. I guess if they are in fact allowed to get some stuff while marking down then they should also be allowed to pay for it and run it out to there car or at least take it to the backroom or something.

was it actually all stuff that was marked down? I know that they do this, but they also keep carts to toss all the non-clearance stuff into. At the Duarte store they had three carts full of non-clearance. They also were consolidating at Burbank yesterday and were filling carts to do that. Just a thought....

Was this regularly 199.99? I saw a play house yesterday at the Target in Hillard Ohio that was reg. 199.99 marked down to 49.99. I didn't have any room at all in my van for it though.

I know that is the one I am looking at for our school. I'll check them this morning. The markdown team told me it wasn't going yesterday.

Same at my store in STL. They have a ton of them. I was surprised that it wasn't 75 off yet.

I also went to a st louis store & they were a no go! I REALLY wanted to get one for my son he loves them but I refuse to pay that much for them.

Our store had the Step 2 Playhouse with a red clearance tag 9x.xx. but over the UPC was one of the striped as is stickers for 63.xx. There were 4 of them all marked that way.

I didn't buy this toy, but I secretly kind of liked passing by him in the aisle cause he usually whistled at me! Always made me feel good, even when I was in my baseball cap and snow boots! 'fraid he might have eventually gotten on my nerves though. Same with that green baby shrek thingy (I think). It makes the weirdest noises.

I LOVE this Puss N Boots! I bought him and the donkey. Yes, Puss N Boots can get annoying but that's when I tell my daughter that we should turn him off because he's tired and needs to take his cat nap. :)