Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

Nothing specific. I don't even have a kid young enough for toys. Just like the thrill of getting great deals. Usually give to Toys for Tots and Angel Tree. Just reading on here where some stores aren't at 75% yet and was hoping maybe one of the three I haven't been to yet was lagging too. Oh well. I still will stop by SM on Sunday before meeting family for lunch. Might luck out and find something great. Thanks for the update.

May I ask what this new site is that was mentioned :confused:

Sorry, Brad will get all upset if we start talking about it, but it is only related to collectors of Disney Cars. We have another thread, and a couple of the people on this thread recognized me from that one. We have migrated off this site for the most part because we help each other out by trading, and that isn't allowed on this forum.

Nothing specific. I don't even have a kid young enough for toys. Just like the thrill of getting great deals. Usually give to Toys for Tots and Angel Tree. Just reading on here where some stores aren't at 75% yet and was hoping maybe one of the three I haven't been to yet was lagging too. Oh well. I still will stop by SM on Sunday before meeting family for lunch. Might luck out and find something great. Thanks for the update.

I know that feeling! I buy WAY more than I would for my own kids. I often buy for the preschool and use their tax ID, so they tend to think I am a teacher or something. I just let them. Easier than explaining. But I also buy a lot for charity. It is so much fun to be able to give more because I got the bargain!!

I picked up an " I can play" guitar. Can anyone tell me about this? Is it OK for a 3 year old? I did not see a coupon for it??

you need to make sure to go back and get the cartridges for it. those are what allow them to learn new songs and stuff. I kept telling everyone who was buying the piano or guitar about the cartridges, but most didn't know till then.

I wanted to post that my local Target was nice today. Customers were helping each other find stuff and pointing out deals to each other. My husband helped a few ladies grab stuff off the top shelves:) Even the employees were helping the customers. They would bring up carts to the front at customer service and hold them for the customers. As well as help find toys that customers were looking for.

I saw Butterscotch on a top shelf and I told this lady about it. She was so happy and thanked me a million times, her niece wanted it for Christmas, but her parents couldn't afford to get it so she picked it up for her niece for her birthday this weekend. That made my day,:yup: even though all I did was tell her about it.

I have a feeling that the people who get ugly and greedy at these sales are like that all the time. (The people who claim an entire aisle,or haul off 6 cart loads for ebay)

you need to make sure to go back and get the cartridges for it. those are what allow them to learn new songs and stuff. I kept telling everyone who was buying the piano or guitar about the cartridges, but most didn't know till then.

YIKES- does this come with any cartridges?? I found the guitar on a bottom shelf- did not see any cartridges, but will go back to look.

I wanted to post that my local Target was nice today. Customers were helping each other find stuff and pointing out deals to each other. My husband helped a few ladies grab stuff off the top shelves:) Even the employees were helping the customers. They would bring up carts to the front at customer service and hold them for the customers. As well as help find toys that customers were looking for.

I saw Butterscotch on a top shelf and I told this lady about it. She was so happy and thanked me a million times, her niece wanted it for Christmas, but her parents couldn't afford to get it so she picked it up for her niece for her birthday this weekend. That made my day,:yup: even though all I did was tell her about it.

I have a feeling that the people who get ugly and greedy at these sales are like that all the time. (The people who claim an entire aisle,or haul off 6 cart loads for ebay)

Mine was super nice too!!! I made a few "deal" friends who were waiting with me while they brought out new sale stuff...and the 2 ladies bringing stuff out were super, even checking for the stuff we asked about for us. I was talked into a Barbie throne by one mom, and then I talked a pair of grandparents into it while I was putting it into my cart! lol...the man was like "we already got so and so a b-day present" and his wife was like...for $12 we can get her another one! It was so much fun cause everyone was sooooooo nice! cept for one guy checking out the My Little Pony pinkie pie in my cart....I told him to stop checking out my pony! haha

anyone have reviews for the Easy link internet launch pad I saw some at my store but wasn't sure what it was about, know I was looking online at it looks interesting. My dd would be 5 in two weeks. do you think she would enjoy this?

I wanted to add my two cents. I asked my mom to get this for my 3-year-old, who is VERY internet savvy already, but has a hard time getting to the sites he likes (he just goes to favorites and opens whatever pulls down). Not only does he love it, but my 7-year-old and six-year-old have been competing for computer time with it.

Basically, once you start the Easylink, you can't shut it and do something else on the computer until you enter the password. They do that so your kid is limited to the sites that they have keys for, and they can't just open another browser and go wherever.

Hope this helps!

Well i went to my store in racine, wi last night and nothing was marked 75, so I thought that I would just stop there after work today and everything was marked down and wayyy picked over! I wanted to get my DD a throne, but the employees told me one lady bought 5. I also wanted to get th fisher price shakin' cars thing for my nephew and they were gone. But I did manage to find some good stuff around, that people set down! I spent $60 and got some great gifts. I got a thomas the train ride on toy for $10 and some big robots for 2.50. I couldn't believe how much was cleared out from last night!

From katiesmommie01

I'm done with all 8 cousins for Hannukah, my daughter for Christmas/Hanukkah/Birthday, and birthday gifts for parties as well!!! SO EXCITED!!! I even called my dad to brag and his response was..."could you pick some things up for me to give her too?" lol.

Yeah! No waiting on slow deliveries next year!;)

Well i went to my store in racine, wi last night and nothing was marked 75, so I thought that I would just stop there after work today and everything was marked down and wayyy picked over! I wanted to get my DD a throne, but the employees told me one lady bought 5. I also wanted to get th fisher price shakin' cars thing for my nephew and they were gone. But I did manage to find some good stuff around, that people set down! I spent $60 and got some great gifts. I got a thomas the train ride on toy for $10 and some big robots for 2.50. I couldn't believe how much was cleared out from last night!

Not sure how bad you want a throne, but my store can't seem to give them away! There were a ton of them in Kohler, WI today at 1:00pm. You might want to try calling other stores.

I always think I am done until the kiddos say they want something that just came out, etc. lol They always end up with a ton of stuff for their birthdays and Christmas (much less misc. holidays throughout the year) because I always have a ton of stuff for them and buy until right before the occasion. I've got Valentine's Day, Easter, most of the birthday gifts for my daughter, great niece, niece and Goddaughter and the new great niece who is to be born in mid June all covered for this year. woohoo

I tend not to stockpile on party gifts (maybe keep a few generic on hand) as I try to find out what the kiddo is into and then buy what they want.

That's the same camera I saw and it was coming up full price:mad: I really wanted it for my daughter because she loves to pretend to take pictures, she's only 20 months. I also wanted the star station, but they were all gone when I got out of work. Oh well, I still managed to spend 75 without the 2 things I went for.:)

Don't feel too bad about the camera. My ds5 just got it for his birthday, and I'm not really all that happy with it. Although it has a screen so they can see the picture they are taking, it is very blurry and takes a long time to focus. By the time it does focus, he has moved on and wants to take another picture. Had a choice I wouldn't buy it again. :no: Unless of course I got it 75% off...I paid $39.98.

I just lurk and don't post much, but thought I'd add this one since I see a couple of other triad NC people. This might help someone who missed today's sale too.

My daughter is sick, and I was a good mom and didn't drag her out into the cold/rain to Target even though I knew today would be the day. I went to the New Garden Target when DH came home and it looked like a hurricane had been through--everything was pretty much gone, what there was was a mess, and I was soooo disappointed. Then I decided to take my time and go through all the aisles and look for things that might have been put down/misplaced/changed mind, etc. Found all kinds of stuff that way. Also, the employees were tidying the area and bringing in toys that had been found in places all over the store. We are on a budget and I did not need more toys for my kids, but for all the birthday parties we have to go to--I need 6 gifts just for January!!:eyepoppin If I had been able to go earlier, I am sure I would have spent too much on some of the cool stuff that I know they would have loved, but we're fine without it! Really, we are. . .

A woman in the store had just come from the Lawndale store and she said there was nothing there.

There were several thrones that people are talking about on a high shelf above the camping stuff.

I also got: Kitchen toys, remote controlled dinos, a Thomas engine washing station, a bilingual laptop, blocks, Spiderman toys, and a Dora phone that connects to the TV that looks fun. They also finally had the word whammer in, so I got to use the rain check I've been carrying around forever.

toys were 75% off in watertown, ny but just wanted to let people know that my store still had some choxie candy that should have been salvaged. besides scanning them the only way to know they are christmas choxie is that the "x" in choxie is green and if you scan them is the store price checker they come up unknown. store manager gave me boxes of choxie for .29:D

my target was 75 off toys today i went in at lunch time and hardly anything left on it. this was in nj. and let me tell you some of the ladys had carts and carts carts full.. and one thought i was looking to take something off hers . when all i wanted was to look at the price onthe shelf that she was blocking. for the moon sand. she told her ds hold on honey mommy has to stand here with the toys i got u so noone takes them on u. uhhhgggg.. she had 4 carts . i was like omg give me a break i dont want your stinking toy i want the shelf price. now move. ( thininking it didnt say it) but nothing really left to get. got a cpl things for birthday sat and next month .

I just think it's so cool that there are 2 on here who know about this site!!! (I'm not a nut, I promise!!) My son was with me and he was SOOOOOO good. Even being half covered in toys!

There are more of us in the triad on here! Just thought I would say hi! I was at the Kernersville Target when they opened this morning, and there was another gottadealer there too! There are also a few others from Greensboro. Welcome to the crazy world of Target clearnace shopping! It is so addictive!

toys were 75% off in watertown, ny but just wanted to let people know that my store still had some choxie candy that should have been salvaged. besides scanning them the only way to know they are christmas choxie is that the "x" in choxie is green and if you scan them is the store price checker they come up unknown. store manager gave me boxes of choxie for .29:D

Hey, you live in Evans Mills? That brings back memories. I used to live in Philadelphia and Carthage.

YIKES- does this come with any cartridges?? I found the guitar on a bottom shelf- did not see any cartridges, but will go back to look.

They look like this. The front part opens out like a book. THey are often on pegs, sometimes laying on the shelves.http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41m6p1xrlwL._AA244_.jpg

Hey there to all the Triad GD's!!!I was at the Wendover Target this morning. Got more than I thought. I also made "deal buddies" that helped each other out. Some of the sales people there were not very nice. It may have helped if they had marked things down during the evening and not at 9am. Some were very frazzled in there. I also went over to New Garden to go to Fresh Market and it was waayyyyy picked over. But that was ok. At least I got some decent deals. :)

It's good to know there are local people on this! I'm not the only one who will drag their 3 year old out on a cold and rainy day to a Target to get deals on toys, of which we have way too many already! :yup:

I've been reading all the posts but there is no mention of any Fisherprice little people, weebles sets or playschool or Vtec for little children around 2 yrs old. Isn't anything like that on clearance???? I may have to wait until the Summer sale or Kmart sale in the summer.:(

i got a set of little people for 4.24. it was a road set with cars.

I just lurk and don't post much, but thought I'd add this one since I see a couple of other triad NC people. This might help someone who missed today's sale too.

My daughter is sick, and I was a good mom and didn't drag her out into the cold/rain to Target even though I knew today would be the day. I went to the New Garden Target when DH came home and it looked like a hurricane had been through--everything was pretty much gone, what there was was a mess, and I was soooo disappointed. Then I decided to take my time and go through all the aisles and look for things that might have been put down/misplaced/changed mind, etc. Found all kinds of stuff that way. Also, the employees were tidying the area and bringing in toys that had been found in places all over the store. We are on a budget and I did not need more toys for my kids, but for all the birthday parties we have to go to--I need 6 gifts just for January!!:eyepoppin If I had been able to go earlier, I am sure I would have spent too much on some of the cool stuff that I know they would have loved, but we're fine without it! Really, we are. . .

A woman in the store had just come from the Lawndale store and she said there was nothing there.

There were several thrones that people are talking about on a high shelf above the camping stuff.

I also got: Kitchen toys, remote controlled dinos, a Thomas engine washing station, a bilingual laptop, blocks, Spiderman toys, and a Dora phone that connects to the TV that looks fun. They also finally had the word whammer in, so I got to use the rain check I've been carrying around forever.

My daughter loves the Dora phone. What is cool about it is that you can either use it connected to the TV or on it's own. I hope the recipient ends up enjoying it as much as my daughter has. :)

My DEALS for the day!!!!

2 I can Play Piano Cartridges $3.74 each

What do these cartridges look like? I didn't realize the pianos needed them until I saw everyone posting that. I feel kinda stupid :rolleyes: Guess I should have read the package.

Never mind - - - I see someone posted a pic right above. I guess I didn't type fast enough, huh?

i got a set of little people for 4.24. it was a road set with cars.

I didnt see ANY at any point during the clearance. Wish I did my son is a little people FANATIC! I dont know who you are buying for but if you dont mind used toys Once Upon a Child always has the sets for pretty cheap. That is if you have one of them around you!

I'm so disappointed. I should have taken the day off. I don't know if mine marked down yesterday or today, but there were about 5 empty aisles. Only 1/2 an aisle of stuff left. I didn't get the IM-Me or Big Trouble. 2 main things I was looking for. :( I did manage to get the Big Yahtzee and digi-makeover, 2 dinosaur sets and 2 black and decker tool sets. That was it.

Anyone been to the Spring Meadows, Monroe Street or Alexis Road stores in the Toledo area? Have they/are they at 75% yet? I was at Rossford yesterday afternoon and they were pretty picked over. Just checking. TIA

Yesterday was Rossford, today was Monroe Street and Alexis and I have no idea for Spring Meadows...

I'm so disappointed. I should have taken the day off. I don't know if mine marked down yesterday or today, but there were about 5 empty aisles. Only 1/2 an aisle of stuff left. I didn't get the IM-Me or Big Trouble. 2 main things I was looking for. :( I did manage to get the Big Yahtzee and digi-makeover, 2 dinosaur sets and 2 black and decker tool sets. That was it.

:( So sorry to hear!!!! Chattanooga store wasnt marked down until today...my friend said she looked yesterday. They had a lot today when I got there at noon. I wish I had known you wanted the IM-Me. I saw 2 or 3 and I picked it up and looked at it (my DD already has one...it's junk) and put it down. I couldve hid it for you! Let me know next time. I am at that Target WAY too much! :cheesy:

Come to think of it, my friend had the Big Trouble and put it back. Couldve hid that too!