Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

Oh, I bet you just missed them. They do it twice a year, but they go FAST once they drop. Check back tomorrow if you can. I bet they'll go. And if they haven't done it when you go, if you go in the morning, walk around till you find the markdown team and ask if they know when they are doing them because you don't want to hang around if they won't be over there that day. Most are pretty nice.

I had never thought of that. Thank you!

And the women with the whole aisle claimed. I DON'T THINK SO!!! First that is soo tacky! I'm not a tattle tale, however I think I would have to go and talk to the Mgmnt or get on the "Red Phone" and tell them that there is some crazy, belligerent, woman in the toy aisle who is yelling at customers and claiming the entire aisle as her own. And let them know that they need to call security before the situation gets any uglier.

Anyway, I think I'll head out for when they open. I want to pick up a few things for Nephews birthdays and for the Angel Tree for Christmas.

Goodnight!

You might want to swing by the Duarte store if you come over. They had the big panda and a bunch (like 30 or more) of the LPS small sets. I bought the only 15 pet set at Madre today (shocked to have found it). Lake did still have the big plush today, too. Lake also had some of the small LPS sets and the Legos you want. You might do better there since we know they are going down, but just a guess.

if u see any more butterscotch , please let me know.. :D

Our toys were still at 30 to 50% off today, as of 1pm. There was a woman in the toy section with a scanner, but she just marked down solar lights to 75% off. I kept checking back, but she did not remark any toys. I did find 2 Disney Princess sets with a play hair dryer, curling iron and makeup for $3.74. One was only marked $7.48, but it rang up at $3.74.

I found some girls shirts, tank tops and jeans for 75% off, but they mostly had sizes XS, L and XL. Also found some nice boys rugby shirts and long-sleeved shirts for $1.98 and $2.24.

I think I will check back tomorrow to see if toys have gone to 75% off. I am so anxious to catch that sale.

My one good deal was a Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer DVD. It rang up at $12.99, but I mentioned to the cashier that it was a Christmas item, and shouldn't it be 90% off? He gave it to me for $1.30. My kids will love it.

Are you sure? The Amp'd ones don't usually come with the bags. Target had an exclusive blue one on clearance. It was a regular version, though, not the Amp'd. The Amp'd version has multiple speakers and is louder. I haven't seen those on clearance anywhere.

Thanks all of you for responding. The AMP'd pink one is actually White with pink lines that look like drawn flowers/butterflies (kind of almost like a 'tattoo'). AMP'd ones are definitely louder!!! Really cool...now if it only was 75% off :gddogwoot: Last time I checked, the price was $29.44 ...the manager said it was regular price tho the # is kind of odd no? :confused:

The ones that are completely pink or completely blue are the reg version. Never tried it to see how loud it is compared to the AMP'd.

Please keep me posted if you find any pretty pls!!! Thx!:cheesy:

At Target last PM, overheard the the stockperson receive a call asking if the toys were 75% off...so I follow this person trying to listen what he would say - he gave no info since our toys are still at 30%. I told him we were the only Target still at 30% off in the whole country. Everything I scanned was the same as the red sticker.

If anyone is looking for the Hersheys fondue and chocolate sets, they were 75% off. and I did notice that the holiday cake and pie containers are now 30% off. Our endcaps are bare. I have been watching the small umbrellas that have been 30% off for over 2 months- still only 30% off. location:Boarman Target

Rossford, Ohio store was at 75% yesterday. Must have been earlier in the day as I was there at 4:30 and found a lot of empty shelves. Still managed to get a few things. Funny thing is, I have a 15 year old son and don't need to buy toys. This site keeps me psyched and I buy for Toys for Tots and Angel Tree.

Our toys were still at 30 to 50% off today, as of 1pm. There was a woman in the toy section with a scanner, but she just marked down solar lights to 75% off. I kept checking back, but she did not remark any toys. I did find 2 Disney Princess sets with a play hair dryer, curling iron and makeup for $3.74. One was only marked $7.48, but it rang up at $3.74.

Penelope, please let me know once your store goes 75% off toys. I am also in Northern CA & I'm trying to catch the sale also. :DThanks...Nice to see someone else from Northern CA here.

I was so bummed last night when I got to Target and toys were still 30% off. (After the build up of all day watching everyone elses finds it was quite the let down.) :( But I did get my Hello Kitty popcorn popper for 4.98 and I found for the first time ever...5 of the the MM juice boxes! So I left a very excited woman!

At Target last PM, overheard the the stockperson receive a call asking if the toys were 75% off...so I follow this person trying to listen what he would say - he gave no info since our toys are still at 30%. I told him we were the only Target still at 30% off in the whole country. Everything I scanned was the same as the red sticker.

If anyone is looking for the Hersheys fondue and chocolate sets, they were 75% off. and I did notice that the holiday cake and pie containers are now 30% off. Our endcaps are bare. I have been watching the small umbrellas that have been 30% off for over 2 months- still only 30% off. location:Boarman Target

How funny, that was me calling because I had just cleaned up at the Niles target, but there weren't alot of older girl stuff, so I wanted to go to Boardman today, still might go since maybe you put a bug in his ear, but I did notice that Boardman clearanced their christmas alot later too. You would think they would want to get it over with, but I guess they are holding out for the money.

I hit the Targets in South Suburbs of IL today and I asked two managers who were marking items down at two different stores when the toys were going to 75%. They had just marked them to 50% - and they both told me not until next week Wednesday or Thursday.

May I ask which stores?

aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh it's SO hard to decide ! :eyepoppin where to go first....lol ! when i checked out lake target they didn't have any lego star wars ? you saw some today ? thanks !!!

They are in the last aisle of clearance toys, bottom shelf nearest the main aisle. There were 3 or 4 sets at least. A lot of people miss that last aisle because it looks like it is sporting goods, but there are toys on one side.

Wow, how did I miss that? I was there early afternoon (for only about 5 minutes) and nothing was 75% yet. Will have to go back today. THANKS:yup:

The signs still said 30% but the few toys I scanned were 75% off. I'm going to check the Watchung store now and then maybe the Clark store after that:razz:

Michigan was 75%!!! We had 4 or 5 aisles of toys and I can confirm Canton and Westland for sure. The Manager at one said that it was national today and up to the store if they went yesterday or not. Who know how true that is or not. It was packed so if you are in Michigan I would go now as people had carts and carts of stuff. They had the toolbenches, V-smiles, guitars etc.

I did notice that our V-tech cameras were not clearanced for some reason. I asked the girl i knew in markdowns and she checked again but nope.

Good luck to everyone today!

Clearwater ST no further markdowns and hardly any toys left at 30% to 50%. The Target at Boot RAnch still at 30 and 50% per the signs but some of the toys are scanning at 75% so it definiitely pays to check. I scanned the I Can Play Guitar and Piano cartridges and 3 of the 9 or 10 that I scanned are 3.24 and the rest are still 9.08 and 10.48. The ones that were marked down were the Barbie, Hot Wheel and American Idol cartridges for the guitar. That was my only find for the night because they were closing and I didnt have time to check anything else.

I was so bummed last night when I got to Target and toys were still 30% off. (After the build up of all day watching everyone elses finds it was quite the let down.) :( But I did get my Hello Kitty popcorn popper for 4.98 and I found for the first time ever...5 of the the MM juice boxes! So I left a very excited woman!

You only got those juice boxes becaue I wasn't there to get them first:sidesplit:g_dance::gdhug1:

Well, I suppose I will have to venture into a Target today... but it will be my favorite one.:D

I've been a little gun shy since my last run in...

To update, the Target manager phoned me (not DH) to personally apologize for the way that I was treated, offered coupons and ASSURED me that Miss Kathie would be the recipient of some major retraining before she was turned loose on the registers again. Apparently she was called in and counseled at length over the whole fiasco.

Glad to see that you all have been finding great bargains... ;)

Clearwater ST no further markdowns and hardly any toys left at 30% to 50%. The Target at Boot RAnch still at 30 and 50% per the signs but some of the toys are scanning at 75% so it definiitely pays to check. I scanned the I Can Play Guitar and Piano cartridges and 3 of the 9 or 10 that I scanned are 3.24 and the rest are still 9.08 and 10.48. The ones that were marked down were the Barbie, Hot Wheel and American Idol cartridges for the guitar. That was my only find for the night because they were closing and I didnt have time to check anything else.

they often don't change the signs because they say 30% or more, etc.

Anyone in Florida get a chance to check out toys today already? I'm waiting for the fog to clear before I leave the house (I live right down the road from that 70 car accident that occurred yesterday due to fog/smoke and today seems worse).

OMG I heard about it on the radio yesterday, but just saw the crach pics today. That is the worst crash I've seen here, and of course it happened I-4! Traffic must be a nightmare in Polk County. I'm going out in a little bit, I'll update when I get back with good news hopefully!

I totally scored this morning.. thanks to the info from the Target workers I was there when the doors opened this morning and had the pick of the place. I bought things for nieces and nephews for bday and Christmas, my girl scout troop and my kids. I had 2 baskets full (now I just need to figure out where to put it all). I also got to meet another Gottadealer whoo hoo!! Nice to meet you Ellen!! I got:

5 I Play Guitars for 19.99 each Reg 79.99 a piece (or more)

1 I Play Piano for 16.99 Reg 64.79

6 I Play Cartidges for 3.24 Reg 9.99 ea

3 Spotz Makers for 6.42 ea Reg 29.99 ea

4 Spots Makers acc 1.48 ea Reg 5.94

1 Spots Maker Door Hanger $2.48 Reg 9.99

5 Barbie Smart Phones for $7.48 each Reg 29.99

1 Barbie Smart Cash Register for $12.22 Reg 49.99

3 Bratz Dolls with cameras for $4.97 ea Reg 19.99 ea

4 Erector Set Cars for $9.98 ea Reg 39.99 ea

2 VSmile Learning Systems for 12.88 ea Reg 49.99 ea

1 Playdoh Creativity Center for 6.something

1 Vtech Kids Digital Camera $12.48 Reg 49.99

1 Bratz Make up and Magic Hari 12.48 Reg 49.99

1 HotWheel Sizzlers 7.48 Reg 29.99

2 Speedstackers 4.97 ea Reg 19.99

1 Hotwheels Set 3.74 Reg 14.99

1 Bath Aquadoodle 4.97 Reg 19.99

1 Nickolodeon Scene it 9.18 Reg 36.79

1 Destiny Electronic Game 1.98 Reg 7.99

1 HSM Electronic Game 3.24 Reg 12.99

1 Digital Video Recorder 12.48 Reg 49.99

1 Power Rangers Overdrive Tracker 4.24Reg 16.99

Since my 75% total was 352.xx ... that would be a total of 1,000 savings.. whoo hoo!!!

Thanks all of you for responding. The AMP'd pink one is actually White with pink lines that look like drawn flowers/butterflies (kind of almost like a 'tattoo'). AMP'd ones are definitely louder!!! Really cool...now if it only was 75% off :gddogwoot: Last time I checked, the price was $29.44 ...the manager said it was regular price tho the # is kind of odd no? :confused:

The ones that are completely pink or completely blue are the reg version. Never tried it to see how loud it is compared to the AMP'd.

Please keep me posted if you find any pretty pls!!! Thx!:cheesy:

OK, thanks for the clarification. It wasn't the AMP'd version I saw; it was the regular one. Sorry!