Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

Most people may know this but if you search for the item on the Target Web-Site, click on the link for the item. Then click on the tab that says "ADDITIONAL INFO". The catalog number, ASIN and DPCI are all listed there. I didn't realize this until about a week ago. *duh* :giggle:

I didn't know this! Thank you so much! VERY valuable info! You rock!!:guitarist

And if you can't find it on the Target site, you can SOMETIMES just look for the item on Amazon and get the ASIN and enter that on the Target lookup. I was trying to find out about the Vtech camera, and the DPCI didn't work on the lookup site. It isn't on Target.com, so I tried Amazon, found the ASIN and used that. Voila! it worked. There are plenty of cameras in this area. Then I had the misfortune to discover that they aren't clearanced around here for some reason. :no:

, but the funny part was when she walked away from her cart to grab more stuff, other people thought it was a "mark down cart" and started taking stuff out of it. The lady never even knew.

I have had bad dreams the last few days about that happening to my cart - or I lose my cart completely! Isn't that crazy? You know what I have been thinking about!

Last year at the 75% off sale this woman said "This whole side is mine!" motioning to a whole aisle!! and even kept dragging more over to that side> We could not believe it. She literally would not let a single person near!

As far as I'm concerned, if it's on the shelf, it's for sale! Did people actually not touch anything b/c she said it was hers? I would have laughed at her and got what ever the heck I wanted!!!

Went to TARGET in Fishers, IN to get my son some new books! THEY JUST STARTED MARKING DOWN TOY CLEARANCE TO 75% OFF!!!! THEY HAD OVER 3 AISLES!!!! score TOUCHDOWN!

TMX ELMO FOR 6.74

CABBAGE PATCH KIDS FOR 2.48

AND MUCH MUCH MORE GOT LOTS AND LOT OF TOYS!!!!!!!

I think it was the only one. I checked the regular aisle in case there was more up high, like other people had said, but I didn't see any. They had a lot of clearance toys though, and I'm looking to get only a few things so hopefully if I don't get there until later in the day when it goes 75%, I'll still be okay. I know E. Colonial is where you usually go, how's their toy clearance section? Also, Hello Kitty stuff was marked as still only 30%, although I didn't have time to scan to verify.

I just went today and they had lots of stuff but most still 30% off with minimal 50% off toys. The Hello Kitty was still 30% as well and no roaster. I told myself not to buy one because i honestly don't cook often and don't have much storage, but then today I couldn't resist just making sure they didn't have any. The toy aisles were very clean and well put together. Good luck getting the stuff you want.

I would expect it this week either Thursday or Friday, but it depends a bit on whether they do it like the toys. I have been looking at a few of the things, and I notice there is significant variation in the % off and which items are on sale from store to store this go around. Seems like more variation than usual. But, I would still check this week. Thursday or Friday.

I want the CARS Arcade set but it's only 30% off. It was put in the toys clearance section, but I know it really is part of sporting goods. You think it will go straight to 75% when they do the sporting goods markdown? I want it for my son's birthday party, all the little kids would love it!

Also, don't know if you're interested in any adult sporting goods stuff, by mine had a lot of camping stuff at 30% off. I'm keeping my eye on the Coleman Propane stove, 2 room tent that was advertised in the sales ad for $81 (30% clearance), and some sleeping bags. Luckily event though the tent is in the sales ad, it's apparently not selling because they still have like 7 or 8 of them. Do they usually markdown the very next week if it's been in a sales ad?

Check the SHOES!! They were in a markdown frenzy over in the shoe dept.

Did pretty good, got the crystal light, more 3 pks of nuts, the $30 microplush throws for $7, christmas plastic bowls, pie carrier and plastic pitcher, The 12.39 dirtdevil that was 35 on BF (Whole endcap of those!), The 18 qt red roaster, whole bunch of kitchen thingys and a Nick and Nora PJ set for 6.25. Also got a couple of Intuition shave gift sets- I save a lot of money when I buy those, and a robe for my husband for 4.24!

Hi Alexac! You made out really good! :yup: Which one did you go to for all this great stuff? How much for the Intuition shave gift sets? I had gotten a Schick Quattro Titanium one a while back and they are great!

I usually go to Wayne, Union, Fairfield on 46, Watchung or the one near Secaucus...once in a blue moon I'll hit the Hackensack one, but it usually is so crowded and everything gets wiped out fairly quick. The one closest to me is actually Riverdale in the Bronx ( on E. 230st?), but there's so many ppl and everyone goes crazy that sales never make it very far. :(

calling all cars... calling all cars.....

can someone please tell me if the Wine frig ( the 24.75 one) has shelves that are removable.. i want to put soda in it rather than wine for my office... would that be possible? I saw it today but could not figure it out by looking @ the picture... it has wooden shelves. Are they removable?????:confused:

I just went today and they had lots of stuff but most still 30% off with minimal 50% off toys. The Hello Kitty was still 30% as well and no roaster. I told myself not to buy one because i honestly don't cook often and don't have much storage, but then today I couldn't resist just making sure they didn't have any. The toy aisles were very clean and well put together. Good luck getting the stuff you want.

That's funny, I cook turkey just once or twice a year and told myself I really didn't need it when it was 50% off. But then after reading on here all the people who were so excited about getting it, I found myself all giddy when I saw it today. And after reading the instructions, you can cook a lot of other things in it too. But it is big, I don't know where I'm going to put it! I figure for $14.xx, as long as I use it once or twice a year and maybe some friends or relatives would borrow it, it was worth it.

I was bummed about Hello Kitty only being 30%. I wonder if the other Targets are the same? I plan on going back tomorrow mid-morning, I'll post with an update on toy clearance.

calling all cars... calling all cars.....

can someone please tell me if the Wine frig ( the 24.75 one) has shelves that re removable.. i want to soda in it rather than wine for my office... would that be possible? I saw it today but could not figure it out by looking @ the picture... it has wooden shelves. Are they removable?????:confused:

I didn't read it completely through, but after I saw the temp is only room temp. 55-65, I passed. I don't drink wine so I would've gotten as a soda frige too. But I like my soda really cold.

Hey Alexac!!! Howdy Neighbor. I am in Greenwood Lake, and work in Wayne, and boy was I happy about the Riverdale store opening up. Now I can make a secret run on the way to work. I also do the Monroe, NY store by Walmart, and go to the one on 46 in Fairfield. I've gotten some great deals at the Fairfield Target. I was planning on stopping at the one in Riverdale this morning on the way to work...

Hi Neighbor! I also hit Wayne & 46 Fairfield! I heard from one of the clerks that 46 Fairfield has better clearance prices...do you think it is true too? If you see any good deals will yo let me know, and I will likewise for all us NJ Target lovers? :razz:

I didn't make it to mine today. Anyone go in the Chattanooga area?? I also will not be able to make it until after work tomorrow. I am mainly interested in the Girl Talk IM-Me and Big Trouble, but will be looking for other items. I can't ever seem to get in on the 75% off stuff.

Im not in your area but the IM-ME was 50% off in my store.I hope its 75% off tomorrow when i go as i will try and use the $10 off coupon thats on targets website(even though it is expired).

So I was in my Target (Royal Palm Beach, Florida) tonight looking at the toys to see if they would still have the I Play Guitar when it went 75% (they had tons of them). As I was looking 2 employees walked by and were debating whether the Tickle Me Elmos would go 75%. I followed them hoping to overhear them say when it was going 75 and felt like a frickin' stalker. Finally I figured what harm would it do to ask... they told me that tonight at midnight the prices will change so be there first thing in the morning.... I know where I'll be!!!

I want the CARS Arcade set but it's only 30% off. It was put in the toys clearance section, but I know it really is part of sporting goods. You think it will go straight to 75% when they do the sporting goods markdown? I want it for my son's birthday party, all the little kids would love it!

Also, don't know if you're interested in any adult sporting goods stuff, by mine had a lot of camping stuff at 30% off. I'm keeping my eye on the Coleman Propane stove, 2 room tent that was advertised in the sales ad for $81 (30% clearance), and some sleeping bags. Luckily event though the tent is in the sales ad, it's apparently not selling because they still have like 7 or 8 of them. Do they usually markdown the very next week if it's been in a sales ad?

Yeah, I've been watching the adult camping stuff for a friend who wants it. He is hoping to get it 75%. I don't know on the kids stuff. I suspect it will go straight to 75%, and if your toys went today, then it'll probably be tomorrow. But, it is all guesswork.

I didn't read it completely through, but after I saw the temp is only room temp. 55-65, I passed. I don't drink wine so I would've gotten as a soda frige too. But I like my soda really cold.

seems like I saw a personal soda fridge at Target just before Christmas. I don't remember ANY details, just that I saw it. sorry.

I feel so alone here in Central MD (Ellicott City). Anyone on here from this area? Anyone at all? I need a Target sales heads-up buddy! :)

you and me both! I have seen no one else that shops in central Alabama! I use to go to the target off 280 but that was a 45 minute drive for me until the new one opened up in alabaster, al and now its only 20 minutes! I always rely on posters here to say what they find and when things go a certain % off, then i either call or drive up there!

Yes, they do. Many of us had them go straight to 75% today, skipping 50% entirely. Go tomorrow!

Good to know. The majority of toys at my local store are still at 30%. I really don't need anything, of course :rolleyes:, but for 75% off I will NEED the Barbie Throne... and maybe the Cabbage Patch playsets, the Barbie Smart Phone, Air Hogs Screamin Rockets, Shrek Donkey, etc...

I saw a Hello Kitty CD Boombox on Target's website. Has anyone seen that in stores on clearance?

I went to Target tonight just in case they may have marked stuff down and I had no luck. I did scope out the things I was going to go straight for tomorrow if they are marked down. I did find a Hello Kitty waffle maker for $4.98. The girls were so exited. I told them not to tell daddy because I didn't want him getting upset. The first thing one of the twins says is 'daddy don't look in our bags." URGH! I can't take them anywhere...lol!

I am hoping toys go 75% off tomorrow. I just want that stupid V-Tech fridge food set. I know it's only $10 but $4.98 would be so much better:)

Anyone from Washington state? Want to drive down to Bellingham and get in on the toy deals. I just called them and checked on the Vtech camera and they told me it was $54.95 and the I play guitar was $45.35 on clearance?!?!

Would prefer to drove down on Friday ( any chance they won't mark them down till then)

Thank you:)

On the other hand, I know a rather nasty woman who is like that and has been seen smashing and tearing the items someone else wanted to buy because they didn't go along with her. She's a real piece of work, and she does sell on ebay.

I do not... what an ugly thing to say:2bat:: and that woman was hateful. She didn't deserve it.:gdfight:

:sidesplit:sidesplit:sidesplit