Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

I hit the Surprise store again this morning at 8:30. I missed about 2-3 pallets. I stayed for an 1 and a half. I got towels, Mr. Potato Head, Barbies, gift bags and more. I spent about $20. There was a big group of us and everybody was very friendly. We traded and helped each other out. A lady came about 10:00 am and had one of the Barbies in her hands. I didn't think anything of it until I got to my cart and I was missing one...URGH! Of course I said very loudly that someone took my Barbie. One of the other nice ladies chased the lady down but she denied it. One of the other guys gave me his. He was an employee who wasn't on the clock and he was being helpful. I was so frustrated because I have twins and I only grabbed 2 Barbies. I wasn't being greedy like some people. Anyways, I left after that.

I did get a scrapbook set that rang up full price. The lady changed it to 90% off without batting an eye.

Vsmile pockets are not on sale at all. Of the smartridges, only the Noddy game is on clearance. If you mean the Leapster games, which are not compatible with the Vsmile stuff, then the only things I have seen are some of the baby games and at a single store I saw the Letter Factory game on clearance.

:( thanks for the info

I hit the Surprise store again this morning at 8:30. I missed about 2-3 pallets. I stayed for an 1 and a half. I got towels, Mr. Potato Head, Barbies, gift bags and more. I spent about $20. There was a big group of us and everybody was very friendly. We traded and helped each other out. A lady came about 10:00 am and had one of the Barbies in her hands. I didn't think anything of it until I got to my cart and I was missing one...URGH! Of course I said very loudly that someone took my Barbie. One of the other nice ladies chased the lady down but she denied it. One of the other guys gave me his. He was an employee who wasn't on the clock and he was being helpful. I was so frustrated because I have twins and I only grabbed 2 Barbies. I wasn't being greedy like some people. Anyways, I left after that.

I did get a scrapbook set that rang up full price. The lady changed it to 90% off without batting an eye.

I bought extras of the Barbies in the red tutu for TFT. If you need one, I'm happy to send it to you. Lemme know. :)

90% at 2 stores in Cincinnati, OH this morning -- pretty much stuff left a few hours ago but it was being bought by the cart full. I had about 1 1/2 carts of ornaments, trees, tree skirts, candy etc and it was only $30!!!! I think my favorite score was the large buckets of ornaments that were 18.88 -- and they were only 1.89 -- I almost bought these at full price -- super glad I waited!!

Well, went and shopped, got another cart full LOL 90% off, still alot of stuff left. I got 6 of the 6' trees for $1.99 to put outside and of course silver/red ornaments to decorate them with. Got lots of the big bells for the trees in both silver and red, see a theme going here LOL. I also got another 6' tree (Roosevelt) for $10 for my brother who is moving here and some ornaments for him. I did get some mugs, charger plates, little things but now thinking about it, I forgot a tree skirt, maybe some maybe left tomorrow. I wonder if they will bring some more out, they had set alot of the Global stuff so they had all the stuff on the back walls and one little aisle. No paper plates or items like that which would of been nice but they weren't there at 75% off.....

Anyone have any information regarding Tucson stores? I'm busy packing and just can't break away to go search for myself.

Any information would be appreciated. TIA :cheesy:

Mine was 90% off they had the 6 ft tree for 2.00! Mostly boxes, bags, stockings and candy canes!! I wish I had been able to get there at 8 am but couldn't! Someone grabed the last fiberoptic christmas tree!

Seattle area:

Northgate went 90% yesterday sometime (I went at the end of the day after work and there's a lot of cards left and some decorations/wreaths/bags/gift wrap left)

Lynnwood - 90% this morning, they are condensing it down to 2 aisles as we speak. Tree stands, wreathes, cards left.

Side note - Lynnwood toys are at 30% max, while Northgate already has some toys at 50% :)

I wouldnt waste your time they were pretty much empty when I was there last night. What they did have was pretty banged up!

Where were the scrabble & monopoly?? My hubby was waiting in the car so I didnt get a chance to really shop last night.

So, all the toys around here are still 15-30% off I ended up just being the Fisher Price Easy Link Launch pad & my DS2 LOVES it! It will be a big help starting monday when I will be doing my online classes. He wants to "play" on the computer like Mommy! I ended up getting it for 40% off + 2 sets of the keys 50% off. For anyone considering it I would say its a pretty cool toy!

Thanks for the info on SoCo....we won't waste our gas today :)

you frequent posters on here rule! I took part in my first 90% off @ Target this year. I had nooo idea this even happened!!! I had seen 75% off a couple years ago, but didn't think things could go lower than that... This website is addicting, I refresh & refresh it while at work all day.....

Thanks to everyone on here who has been so helpful.. I seriously have not had this much fun in years!!!!

:fluffy::blush::fluffy:

Went to my local Target and got some 90% off today!!

My best find was a Carter's Christmas bodysuit/pants set for 78 CENTS! :eyepoppin It was not tagged clearance, and was just hanging with the other Carter's JOY stuff :o) I don't have kiddos yet, but I keep a stash of baby items for baby gifts through out the year. :yup: Other items were GC holders, wine bags, tags, wrapping paper, and wire embellishments. I made out, with a soda, for under $7!!!:rwb:

Our store finally went 90% off today, but there wasn't much of anything left. The Littlest Pet Shop advent calendar and My Little Pony tubes were still $6.98. I pointed out to the cashier that they were Christmas, distinctly says Christmas on the packaging and she said, "No." I told her I didn't want them then. She still rung one up and I didn't catch it until after I paid so I went to the customer service desk to get my money back. I asked the lady there about it being Christmas and she also said no. I very nicely told her it states Christmas on the packaging and the one little pony is even wearing a red santa hat, she started laughing and said, "No" again. Oh well, guess I wasn't meant to have them 'cuz I wasn't paying $6.98 ea. :rolleyes:

I AM SO READY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When should we expect toys to go 75%...I have been doing this Target thing for at least 5 years and it always seems like it isn't until Febuary here. Maybe I am remebering wrong and need to mark my calander...lol. Some stuff was already 75% last nigth but marked 30% so I have been very careful to scan everything I want just to make sure of the price.

After being disappointed at the Northgate Target in Seattle..

I went to the Marysville/Smokey Point and they had tons.

I got wrapping paper, decor trees, 6 ft tree, a an outside 3 connector stake for the outdoor lights, and many many more little items, including 27 cent hershey kisses bags. and 14 cent andes mints.

I didnt see anything toy wise I wanted for 50% at Northgate and at Marysville it was all still mostly at 30%.

I'm looking for that Disney Vanity for the $14 like someone else.. so if any other Seattle GDealer finds one for the price and doesnt need it.. I will buy it. LOL

Or anything My Little Pony.

Thanks guys

I"m going to check out local target tonight. I stayed away this long on purpose,

so I wouldnt spend so much money. LOL Weird I know.

But this is a slow target and all the clearance just lingers around, so hopefully

they'll still have a few good things i"m after.

After being disappointed at the Northgate Target in Seattle..

I went to the Marysville/Smokey Point and they had tons.

I got wrapping paper, decor trees, 6 ft tree, a an outside 3 connector stake for the outdoor lights, and many many more little items, including 27 cent hershey kisses bags. and 14 cent andes mints.

I didnt see anything toy wise I wanted for 50% at Northgate and at Marysville it was all still mostly at 30%.

I'm looking for that Disney Vanity for the $14 like someone else.. so if any other Seattle GDealer finds one for the price and doesnt need it.. I will buy it. LOL

Or anything My Little Pony.

Thanks guys

Just an FYI, the Disney Vanity says $41.xx , but scans at 14.98. So check !!! Also they had the accesory pack to the vanity $14.99 marked $7.48, scans $3.74. I wish I lived near you we have a ton of the vanities here.

just got back from a long morning/afternoon at target. Not one roll of paper, boxes, ribbons or bows. Did find the roaster, extension cords, apple cinnamon and sugar cookie bar soap. I found the thomas holiday set everyone has found but it rang up 27.98 and they cashier said she would take another 60% off but it still rang up 14.98-I was puzzled and said no thanks. I'm glad I bought a few things at 75%off the other day or I wouldn't have gotten much this year at all and I live for this day all year.

Just an FYI, the Disney Vanity says $41.xx , but scans at 14.98. So check !!! Also they had the accesory pack to the vanity $14.99 marked $7.48, scans $3.74. I wish I lived near you we have a ton of the vanities here.

I scanned them 3x. So I guess they just were not on sale for any more.

Man..... I wish I lived close too. I guess I will just keep checking this weekend to see if they drop the price anymore!

When should we expect toys to go 75%...I have been doing this Target thing for at least 5 years and it always seems like it isn't until Febuary here. Maybe I am remebering wrong and need to mark my calander...lol. Some stuff was already 75% last nigth but marked 30% so I have been very careful to scan everything I want just to make sure of the price.

According to the old threads, and other members, it is the 2nd week of January, so that would be the upcoming week. Look Wednesday or Thursday. It could be later, but that is when it happened the last few years.