Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

I was there at 8:30 and it was CROWDED. I mean so crowded that I couldn't navigate my cart through half the aisles. I don't think it went to 75% off yesterday - it really looked pretty similar this morning as when I left on Sunday morning so I just think everyone was there to BUY, BUY, BUY. I think that store is very busy regularly anyway. I rarely find very much in the way of clearance there because people seem to buy the stuff at the lower amounts rather than waiting until 75% off. They had almost no candy at 50% off.

Ya, I rarely ever go to this store! I think the digital ornaments might be the only good deal I've found on anything there.

Not much at Lake Stevens Target and didn't feel like driving around to any other's today. I was lucky enough to get dd a few shirts for next Christmas $1.24 each, couple of Disney rolls of wrapping paper $.74 each and there were only about 5 rolls left of Dora as well. Got some of the little ginger and cake/cookie sets since dd likes making those for $.74 each. Not much left at my store other than the giftbox wrapping sets..there were boxes upon boxes of those. I was hoping to find a gingerbread kit for next Christmas and maybe some other paper type products..no such luck.

i found one today--connect four for 4.99 felt like i scored! LOL... also got a 42" lighted santa for 9.99 (weird price on it was 50 but rang up for this) and three boxes of 3 2ft trees to a box for 4.49 each, some indoor packs of extension cords 3 to a pack for 87 cents. also some light sets (350 count) and hooks to hang them outside, and some of the holiday tees for my daughter with snowflakes 1.25 on them so they will last the next couple of months---oh and they had eggnog taffy in a decorative box for 99cents.........so yummy i went back and got a couple more.

Was that at 75% off? My store is in Woodhaven MI and it was still 50% off on the 31st.

Good luck! they had a ton at my store.....and had even moved some over to the other side of baskets...close to vacumes and sewing machines...ask someone if you don't see any - let us know if you find it!

I found the pink flowered Alano Graco travel set THANK YOU GDers!!! It went half price this morning; they still hadn't changed the endcap sign that said 30% off. Picked it up at the $85 price because it is rare for me to be able to find ANY baby supplies at 75% off. If I can find it at 75% I'll definately return the first :)

I noticed that this morning they also put a new set of baby stuff on 1st markdown (30% off)... maclaren stroller (silver one), more car seat travel sets, pack n plays, Sesame walker, etc. So looks like So. CA is behind other parts of the country for the baby markdown. That's okay, I'm glad I'm aware. Hoping to score a new pack n play for 75% off. I doubt I will find it at that price though and if I can't I'll try to get a freecycle one :)

Christmas was still 75% off at 10am when I got there. Don't know if it went to 90% off this evening, but there wasn't anything I really wanted left.

Lake Jackson, TX Target was 75% off today, with half the area being cleared for what I assume will be Global Baraar and the other half already filled with the special value pack sized goods. Also, my recipt printed out that Global Bazaar starts January 6th.

Let me know which store was the best! Also good luck!!!

I've been to the El Con, Speedway/Craycroft and Tanque Verde Targets. El Con had a LOT of lights left but were getting pretty picked over. If you are in the area, it may be worth stopping in but I wouldn't make a special trip. Speedway and Craycroft isn't worth the time to stop as they were very picked over. And Tanque Verde still had quite a bit of stuff.

I wanted to go to the one on Old Spanish Trail but didn't quite make it. I may go tomorrow but we'll see how the day pans out.

I actually had awesome luck at a Walgreens I stopped at today. I went in to buy two 2 liter bottles of soda and look for these antler headband things my daughter wanted. I walked out with a cart (plus) of stuff at 75% off (including the antlers)! :cool:

Your luck paid off. Thank you. :)

I found the pink flowered Alano Graco travel set THANK YOU GDers!!! It went half price this morning; they still hadn't changed the endcap sign that said 30% off. Picked it up at the $85 price because it is rare for me to be able to find ANY baby supplies at 75% off. If I can find it at 75% I'll definately return the first :)

I noticed that this morning they also put a new set of baby stuff on 1st markdown (30% off)... maclaren stroller (silver one), more car seat travel sets, pack n plays, Sesame walker, etc. So looks like So. CA is behind other parts of the country for the baby markdown. That's okay, I'm glad I'm aware. Hoping to score a new pack n play for 75% off. I doubt I will find it at that price though and if I can't I'll try to get a freecycle one :)

Christmas was still 75% off at 10am when I got there. Don't know if it went to 90% off this evening, but there wasn't anything I really wanted left.

I noticed that they had marked most of the baby stuff down in the baby strollers, pack n plays, etc. when I stopped by today. I don't buy much of that anymorej (yeah!), but most of them had red stickers.

Ugh! I don't want to have to drive to Whittier, but what was the clearance price? I may make the trip.

Funny, when I lived in the boonies 25 miles was nothing. We had to drive that far to get to town. But living in LA, 25 miles is the other end of the earth!

I believe around $25.

Yes, but it is also a generalization. there is no hard and fast rule. they vary it by the quantity of stock left. Last year, one store in OC, CA went 90% off the day after Christmas.

You might not believe the number of posters who don't bother looking at that page. There are people perpetually asking the same questions again and again about the schedule.

Loveto shop, which store in OC went 90% off the day after xmas last year,,,, I am curious to know,,,

;)

Thanks to all of you GDers! I finally found a Shark 80-stitch sewing machine for $75 (orig. $150)! Also ended up picking up a few more items. Got a Sterilite Cake Holder for $1.37 and a Pie Holder for $1.25! They make it so easy to bring to gatherings and to cover up when there are leftovers!

Also found a Snowflake/Snowman full/queen comforter w/2 shams for $9.99!

Happy New Year! May we all have lots of good deals! :D

Loveto shop, which store in OC went 90% off the day after xmas last year,,,, I am curious to know,,,

;)

It didn't say. I was reading last year's Target Thread. It just referred to someone's store in OC. Did one of the stores down there close or remodel last year? I was wondering if that was why they might have done it.

I would expect a lot of clearance this week. When I went into Target yesterday they were doing a team meeting and I conveniently was shopping next to them. The team manager said that they were going to be doing a lot of clearance this week especially in toys!! Keep your eyes open:eyepoppin

I've been to the El Con, Speedway/Craycroft and Tanque Verde Targets. El Con had a LOT of lights left but were getting pretty picked over. If you are in the area, it may be worth stopping in but I wouldn't make a special trip. Speedway and Craycroft isn't worth the time to stop as they were very picked over. And Tanque Verde still had quite a bit of stuff.

I wanted to go to the one on Old Spanish Trail but didn't quite make it. I may go tomorrow but we'll see how the day pans out.

I actually had awesome luck at a Walgreens I stopped at today. I went in to buy two 2 liter bottles of soda and look for these antler headband things my daughter wanted. I walked out with a cart (plus) of stuff at 75% off (including the antlers)! :cool:

Your luck paid off. Thank you. :)

Sorry, I forgot the quote- Old Spanish is really picked over, they don't even have any lights left. I wouldn't waste the time.

WEnt to Target here in Tennessee - no change...xmas still 75% and toys were not marked down anymore today - HOWEVER a ton of workers were "resetting" toys - SO ANYONE KNOW how long after resetting that they do more markdowns????

Did score 6 of the holiday ballerina Barbies for $1.24 each!

Sorry, I forgot the quote- Old Spanish is really picked over, they don't even have any lights left. I wouldn't waste the time.

Thank you for the heads up. :)

I may go look at another Walgreens again since I had such good luck yesterday. I'll need some shopping comfort after going to the dentist this morning. :(

Target SE michigan Canton & Westland 75% still. Workers were putting all the X-mas stuff together on the back wall at one and I knew one of them and she said they thought it would go today so probably tomorrow. Toys at our were also being reset and put together on aisles and the back wall.

Still 75% off in Riverside County...Southern Cali...

Talked to the supervisor of the markdown team this morning..She was very nice...She told me she didnt know exactly what day they will mark to 90% off....They are not told ahead of time...

But she did tell me that all Targets will be doing the Christmas Seasonal Salvage on 1/9. She told me on that day everything will be boxed up and sent out....

So she said she expects the 90% to hit anyday now...

What are the chances it will be tomorrow?? Or do you think Friday perhaps?