Wicked Tickets 50% off in Chicago

eve

seems to me this is the right place to post it but if i'm wrong, sorry and please move, i did a search for "Wicked" came up with nothing

as stated in the chicago tribune....

For the first time, the Chicago production of "Wicked" is offering discounted, advance-purchase tickets to the general public (for 50% off). The new promotion applies to a limited number of tickets to weeknight shows during the slower winter months (Jan. 8 to March 2). You have to buy them by Jan. 6. Mention or type in the coupon code "Winter" at any Broadway in Chicago point of sale.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/964216

i just bought 1 ORCH seat (yes i'm going solo) for the price of a BALCONY seat, out the door with all those damn fees...............$ 57.68

Happy Birthday to me

by the way........... i wonder what most people wear to this?

I went and saw this in October. It was amazing! There was quite a mix of attire. There were younger people in jeans and sweathers and others in their fancy dresses and fur coats. I wore nice black pants and a dressy shirt. No one seemed out of place. Have fun!

If you're even more short of cash and can live with the possibility of not seeing the show I would try to get tickets through the lottery. I got won lottery tickets when the show was on tour in Pittsburgh and then again in New York.

It doesn't list the Lottery on the wesite for either Chicago or LA but this link gives you the information for New York.

http://www.wickedthemusical.com/#WickedCitiesNewYorkFAQ

Also if the show is touring in your town I would call the box office and see if they are offering the lottery.

I loved it on tour and in New York. It's a wonderful performance.

Man, I just paid $166 for 3 balcony seats!! ... but it was all I could afford... it's coming to Ft Lauderdale in March and I got them as a surprise for DD#1's bday ... she is in the school play which is the Wizard of Oz and she got the part of the Wicked Witch so she's dying to see it... there is also a Girlscout meet and greet type workshop with the cast before hand...

I have to ask though, after reading the summary I was a bit worried about the plot being a bit deep for her ... she is 7 going on 30 though and reads alot so I think she can handle it..plus she loves the soundtrack....What do you guys think?

e do you enter the code online, I could not find a place?

pick the day you want....

then it'll ask what seats and how many?

something like 3rd down will be Promotions and Special Offers.

pick your tickets and enter winter

next page should show the tickets at 1/2 price ;)

Man, I just paid $166 for 3 balcony seats!! ... but it was all I could afford... it's coming to Ft Lauderdale in March and I got them as a surprise for DD#1's bday ... she is in the school play which is the Wizard of Oz and she got the part of the Wicked Witch so she's dying to see it... there is also a Girlscout meet and greet type workshop with the cast before hand...

I have to ask though, after reading the summary I was a bit worried about the plot being a bit deep for her ... she is 7 going on 30 though and reads alot so I think she can handle it..plus she loves the soundtrack....What do you guys think?

i think with most 7 year olds, she'll just be singing along more than REALLY understanding the story. i mean if it was les mis, she'd be too young, but she'll probably be more enthralled with the production and the music.

She should be okay. We took my sister who was about to turn 9. There isn't anything sexual or anything obviously the only thing would be that the flying monkeys may scare some younger children they are quite odd looking. I'm sure she will love it.

Am I blind? I'm not finding where to put in the promo code?

I cannot find the code either, and really, really want to get these for over spring break.

only applies to

weeknight shows during the slower winter months (Jan. 8 to March 2).

is that when you are trying?

pick the day you want....

then it'll ask what seats and how many?

on THAT page, something like 3rd down will be Promotions and Special Offers.

pick your tickets and enter winter

next page should show the tickets at 1/2 price

Okay, I am blind... not on the website, but on the original post. I totally missed the weeknight part. Thanks for clarifying.

no problem, i was hoping for a weekend also, but figured out it'd still be worth it to go on a Tuesday;) since it'll be my birthday, i needed an excuse to take off...............

now i gotta tell my boss

My niece:eyepoppin (14) just about died when she opened these tickets!! She is sooooooooo excited!! Thank-you soooo much for the 1/2 price post, or we wouldn't be going in January. :clapping:

oh i bet.......

what a wonderful gift