Amazon Toy Deal Discussion

alimfp

I am using the free ship...I didnt even know there was such a thing as prime until last night. Is that beneficial to have?? I saw it was $79 a year...Is it worth it?

i was just wondering. i placed an order last friday and it barely shipped today. i placed another order today and it's not scheduled to ship for a week. i think amazon hates me.

i was just wondering. i placed an order last friday and it barely shipped today. i placed another order today and it's not scheduled to ship for a week. i think amazon hates me.

That sounds like my orders from Amazon before I was offered the free Prime trial. I love having the Prime, but when my trial runs out this Sunday I will not keep it. I don't buy from there that much throughout the WHOLE year to justify the cost.

*cough* This is why it's beneficial to find four other people to sign up with you. Then they all pay you $15-ish and you pay for Prime, then help them sign up (I can get specific if you want). This is what some people did so they didn't have to fork out the $79 themselves, but only $15 per person.. *cough*

*cough* This is why it's beneficial to find four other people to sign up with you. Then they all pay you $15-ish and you pay for Prime, then help them sign up (I can get specific if you want). This is what some people did so they didn't have to fork out the $79 themselves, but only $15 per person.. *cough*

This would be a great way to have the Prime convienence. I would be SO in at $15!!!:D

Thats how it has been for me as well. I have made 2 orders and niether one has shipped yet:no: I was starting to think it was just me they hated.

Sometimes Amazon will show the items getting ready to ship with a ship date almost a week out. Then all of a sudden, everything will update and you almost receive the package around the same time it was due to ship out.

It also depends on which warehouse they are pulling the items. I've noticed that some are slower than others. Maybe they are just busier and not slower because they are slackers.

i placed my order last week then i got an email saying they'rehaving problems processing my card. i checked my card, well i have a pre-paid cc and i get charge for each transaction, well i placed 3 orders butthe way amazon is placing the orders i got 14 different charges i addedthem all up it's right, it's just that they broke it down so now i'm being charge $14 more which put me over my limit on the card :gdcensored: (plus a canceled bill went threw which didn't help any) being thats it's pre-paid i had to go down and add more money to cover this mistake just so i can get my orders sent why didin't they just put it through as the 3 orders i made instaed of breaking it up this really Peed me off my credit card company just made $10 off me for nothing! :gdangry4:

i thought i was done with my shopping last week, then my SIL told me to check out the amazon threads well there went $400 so much for not going over board this yr and finishing early lol. i have band myself from looking any longer at these threads i'll go broke if i don't. lol thanks to all of you who have posted the great deals. i had so much fun shopping and saving that i can't wait for next yr lol.

Im at an inpass right now. TONS of clearanced Bratz items- so cheap I want to buy/buy/buy, but Im not positive my daughter will be into them next christmas! What to do! She loved them last year and still going strong this year, but I have enough for this christmas. Not sure if I should buy a few more for next year. Hmmm

I'm in deep trouble, I just broke down and bought the Barbie Throne. I couldn't resist the savings. I held out for days waiting for the price to go up, but since it didn't, I ended up breaking down and buying it, darn you Amazon! :wife:

My DH is going to flip out, we are on a tight budget right now, but it'll be worth all the justification for it because the youngest will love it. Now I have to decide if it's just going to be for DD3 or if it should be a joint gift for DD3 and DD5, because I don't have anything nearly as big for DD5.

That would have been lovely on December 7 when I signed up for Prime.

That sounds like my orders from Amazon before I was offered the free Prime trial. I love having the Prime, but when my trial runs out this Sunday I will not keep it. I don't buy from there that much throughout the WHOLE year to justify the cost.

yeah... i was more worried about the shipping address. i usually ship everything to my office (so that someone always signs for it and so that my fiance doesn't see what i bought) but if it ships on the 17th there was a chance it would arrive AFTER we shut down for the holidays, so it would have been stuck in limbo until january 2nd.

luckily i managed to change it in time.

Well, I had said i was through for DD4. But, all she had been asking for was the barbie throne and belle's tea party. I had told her no and already bought others. THEN, i read this thread and saw the throne was on sale. Of course, I couldn't pass it up :) She'll be so surpised Christmas morning....can't wait! Also, OF COURSE, there was a linkn for the tea party on the throne page and it is also on sale. Couldn't pass it up either :)

However, I thinnk I may now have to reevaluate some of the other purchases and return a few.

I'm thinking of canceling my free trial of Prime just so I have to be done shopping. :) I have placed 3 orders and am now done with Christmas for this year and birthday's for next year. It's so hard to not buy when things are 70% off. :) DH knows about most of the orders. HaHa. I'll have to tell him I placed more today when he comes home from work. That way he's not as shocked when it's time to start wrapping. ROFLMAO

i placed my order last week then i got an email saying they'rehaving problems processing my card. i checked my card, well i have a pre-paid cc and i get charge for each transaction, well i placed 3 orders butthe way amazon is placing the orders i got 14 different charges i addedthem all up it's right, it's just that they broke it down so now i'm being charge $14 more which put me over my limit on the card :gdcensored: (plus a canceled bill went threw which didn't help any) being thats it's pre-paid i had to go down and add more money to cover this mistake just so i can get my orders sent why didin't they just put it through as the 3 orders i made instaed of breaking it up this really Peed me off my credit card company just made $10 off me for nothing! :gdangry4:

I bet if you call amazon customer service and tell them that THEIR breaking up the orders cost you $10.00 more they might credit your account. Its worth a try. I have found their customer service to be pretty good. GOOD LUCK

That would have been lovely on December 7 when I signed up for Prime.

Maybe you have 4 "family members" who would be interested in chipping in $15.80 for you to add them on your Prime? If they were to Paypal you, you could add them immediately with their birth month and day and their first and last name. They also need to know your birth month and day. ;)

Count me in on the Barbie throne too...I couldnt pass that up..Although I really needed to...Everywhere I went on Black Friday they had that chair for $80...Couldnt resist at that price...I really need to stay out of the Amazon threads...I am running out of places to hide things from the girls..In fact my DH is keeping some items at his office, as I have no room at home..He said noooo more..lol..

How do I get a free trial of Amazon Prime?

They have that bratz chair for $5.99, and I have enough in credit to buy it, but not to ship it, they want like $8 to ship alone! My youngest has been wanting this chair.

Please let me know, like do I just sign up and they dont' charge you for a certain period of time?

TIA

How do I get a free trial of Amazon Prime?

They have that bratz chair for $5.99, and I have enough in credit to buy it, but not to ship it, they want like $8 to ship alone! My youngest has been wanting this chair.

Please let me know, like do I just sign up and they dont' charge you for a certain period of time?

TIA

I went to Amazon one day and there was a ad for a free trial at the top of the screen to sign up. I didn't do it for a couple weeks (wanted to be closer to Christmas since i remember these deals from last year). I just kept hoping the free trial offer wouldn't go away. It never did so I was able to sign up.

DH also has an account with Amazon but it took longer for them to offer him a free trial. I believe his offer is still there but I do all the ordering so it doesn't really matter.

Maybe if you call and ask they'll let you try for free.

Seeking your advice!

I somehow made an error in one of my MANY Amazon orders and ended up with 3 Buzz Lightyears. I really only wanted 1, but looking at the return policy -- do they really deduct the free super saver shipping rates from the return amount? Meaning if I return these 2 items ($11.99 each), will I get back $23.98 or that amount LESS whatever shipping costs were? I have never done an Amazon return before. If the costs to return it (my return shipping costs + any deduction they take for that original free shipping) are too great, then I won't bother.

Which store is better for returns without receipts -- Walmart or Kmart? I think both carry this items. Maybe I could try returning it there instead? What do you think?

Seeking your advice!

I somehow made an error in one of my MANY Amazon orders and ended up with 3 Buzz Lightyears. I really only wanted 1, but looking at the return policy -- do they really deduct the free super saver shipping rates from the return amount? Meaning if I return these 2 items ($11.99 each), will I get back $23.98 or that amount LESS whatever shipping costs were? I have never done an Amazon return before. If the costs to return it (my return shipping costs + any deduction they take for that original free shipping) are too great, then I won't bother.

Which store is better for returns without receipts -- Walmart or Kmart? I think both carry this items. Maybe I could try returning it there instead? What do you think?

Did you open the boxes yet? If not, you can simply give it back to the delivery person that brought it. If not, they let you print a return label and it's no charge to you. They are AWESOME about returns, PA's, replacing an item lost during shipment and customer service in general. I have been very pleased with them and I hold companys to a high level of customer service. ;)

Maybe you have 4 "family members" who would be interested in chipping in $15.80 for you to add them on your Prime? If they were to Paypal you, you could add them immediately with their birth month and day and their first and last name. They also need to know your birth month and day. ;)

Now to find 4 family members. Or even 1 or 2. Heck, I don;t care!:D

Just an fyi, I got an email updating an order stating it would not ship until 12/24, then an hour later I got an email with a tracking number saying the item shipped. I strongly believe that if you order within Amazon's time frame for the free super saver shipping then it will arrive before christmas regardless of what the ship date is on your order confirmation.

Also dh can't get too mad at me so far only $80 has come out of the bank account from Amazon (I spent almost $200...shhh) but I also deposited over $100 "free" money that I made while shopping Amazon. I get paid to test a new browser, so really my amazon shopping has been free (at least what he knows about so far)!

So i emailed for a price adjustment two days ago no problem got my ten dollars back.. tried emailing to adjust price (showed 2.99 for one item when i emailed and 7.50 for the other) got an email saying price is now up... I thought they kept track of email times... should I call for this since it is no longer that price today?? I should've just called in the first place oh well!

So i emailed for a price adjustment two days ago no problem got my ten dollars back.. tried emailing to adjust price (showed 2.99 for one item when i emailed and 7.50 for the other) got an email saying price is now up... I thought they kept track of email times... should I call for this since it is no longer that price today?? I should've just called in the first place oh well!

CALL. They do.

Well just got a notice saying that my last order won't ship untill Dec 26 and I'll get it aroung Dec 28-31. I am so mad :mad: (Two items aren't available till Christmas, apparently) I placed this order on Dec 11 and added something today.

Called and spoke with Nick at customer service -no help at all, wanted to charge me 28 to separate packages to get most of my order before Christmas (I said no) I wanted them to ship to me sooner for free like one or two day shipping so my kids could enjoy it right after Christmas. Got put on hold for 10 min while checking with supervisor and got another no.

I've emailed just a few minutes ago about the service I recieved and I'm not happy so hopefully I'll hear something.

I've placed 4-5 orders in the last week or so and spent quite a bit of money. With all the price adjustments I've called several times and added things to orders. Now this. And most of the last order was for my oldest son, not sure if I should just cancel or what.:(

I have a question but not sure if it should go in this thread. With the deals here on amazon I am having to return stuff I had already bought to walmart. Some stuff I lost the reciept on and I heard you are only allowed to make so many returns a year without a reciept at walmart. Does anyone know if this is true and if so how many?