Amazon Toy Deal Discussion

alimfp

I know some discussion will continue to go on in that thread, which is fine.. but I figured for those of us (like me!) wanting to talk more about it all.. this may be the place. :yup:

----

THE Toy Deal threads with LOTS of amazing prices!

*most current thread* Link to thread #8: HERE

Link to thread #7: HERE

Link to thread #6: HERE

Link to thread #5: HERE

Link to thread #4: HERE

Link to thread #3: HERE

Link to Thread # 2: HERE

Link to Thread #1: HERE

----

Price Adjustment terms

Price Adjustment via email

Amazon Price Adjustment #: 1-866-216-1072 thanks Patty!

And now with more price drops tonight, I'm finding DH is going to kill me when he sees the number of presents I'll be putting under the tree. I really don't want to hide any for future bdays (being my kids are all late in the year!).

I'm thinking I'll be weeding through their toys and donating what we can in the next two weeks.. 'cause come Christmas, my kids will be spoiled (and I swore I'd never go overboard..).

-----

EVERYONE keep checking your already placed orders for lower prices. As I posted in my PA thread on the Deal Discussion board.. an item I bought two weeks ago was the same price I paid last night, then I checked a few hours later and it dropped $5 and then just a few hours after that - it was back up!

I just e-mailed for a price adjustment on a bunch of things I ordered a few days ago! AND I found more stuff to buy that dropped lower and I just HAD to buy it. My best find so far tonight is that $2.99 Polly Pocket Set after the $5 coupon comes off! Sweet! Since I am on Prime right now, I just one-clicked that sucker!

I am in the same boat, DH is going to freak out when he sees how many presents I have for the kids. I am going to have to save some for birthdays or he will really lose it. :eek: I am having a ball getting great deals, though. Who can pass up deals like this? It's the biggest rush to get a great deal and then a few days later, see it selling for much more than you paid for it. :D

I just emailed for a PA as well :D Took screenshots JUST in case too.

That's a good point to make. Amazon keeps track of their prices, of course. But it's always good to have your own proof, just in case they play dumb. :yup:

(To take a screenshot with Windows anyway, you hold down the CTRL button and push PRNT SCRN. Then go into Paint or a similar program, go to Edit and Paste and then save that image)

I just e-mailed for a price adjustment on a bunch of things I ordered a few days ago! AND I found more stuff to buy that dropped lower and I just HAD to buy it. My best find so far tonight is that $2.99 Polly Pocket Set after the $5 coupon comes off! Sweet! Since I am on Prime right now, I just one-clicked that sucker!

Ok... I feel a little stupid for asking this :blush:, but how do you use the $5 PP coupon??? Thanks! :)

Ok... I feel a little stupid for asking this :blush:, but how do you use the $5 PP coupon??? Thanks! :)

It applies automatically to PP items sold BY amazon.com. So add the item to your cart, and when you get to the checkout page before submitting order - it will show a $5 discount on the right hand side.

The Net Jet Video game system changed as well. I used email to request the update. I didnt quote thier policy or anything. Just said that this item is now listed lower...Should I have

??

That should be enough. But if they reply saying you can't have it, then reply with a link to their PA (that I linked in the first post here) and ask for it again.. or call.

What are you putting in your email for price adjustment.

When I go through the link above, I choose the item/order that needs a PA. I just type that I paid X amount and it's now X amount, so I'd like the price difference refunded. I say please and thank you somewhere in there, lol.

After emailing Amazon re: PA - how long does it take to get a response? what form does it come in - email, or on your account? Just want to make sure they got my email!!!!

It will go to your email acct associated with your Amazon profile.

It takes anywhere from 2 - 10 minutes I've found. But I imagine it could take up to a couple of hours as well. If no response within 2ish hours, I'd call.

It's probably best to just email right now, lol. Poor CSR's are getting bombarded!

Anyone that has gotten the $ back in their CC acct - how many days did it take? I know they say 1-3 business days. I keep checking my CC, lol.

When I got an automatic PA from a pre-order book, it was credited on the CC the very next day.

A sort of easy way to keep track of items you've purchased but want to make sure you get PA's on if they drop in price!

Go to your order page and go to each order, click on each item and add it to your cart. Do this for every single item you've bought in the past 30 days. Then go to your cart and click "Save for later" on each one! When you have time, refresh your cart and see if a message appears at the top stating such and such item has dropped in price. When it has, call or email! :)

Just make sure to put all of the items as "Save for later" and then delete them when necessary. :)

Two of the things I ordered the other day have dropped in price but my order has not shipped. Do I still email them or do I have to wait until they ship and hope they don't go back up?? I have never done a PA at Amazon before and have no idea what I am doing, lol. TIA.

Two of the things I ordered the other day have dropped in price but my order has not shipped. Do I still email them or do I have to wait until they ship and hope they don't go back up?? I have never done a PA at Amazon before and have no idea what I am doing, lol. TIA.

As long as they have'nt shipped they automatically adjust the price, but once they've shipped & it drops again you need to call.