22in Envision Monitor Problem

Guest ZeroGravity107

Guest ZeroGravity107

Hi guys, posting this twice (sorry I want to find out the answer ASAP) just bought the Envision 22in LCD Monitor from Best Buy today for 150. I just set it up and messed around with the settings, and I see a red dot. Is it a burnt pixel? If it is, do I return it to Best Buy?

Also, it runs fine when on the internet and just the desktop, but when I'm playing Swat, it has a little twitch, I'm not sure what it is and how to change the settings to make it work right.

I'm not sure how the change the settings however I can help you on the first issue. If you believe the product is broken then you can try to take it back to Best Buy in which they may help you and give you a new one or simply tell you no and make you send it in to Evision.

Good luck with your new item,

MysticMage

it is mostly likely a dead pixel.

as for the twitch, see what the max refresh rate on the monitor is and change the settings upwards. however, your video card needs to be able to handle it too, so if your computer crashes or won't show a picture, you'll have to reboot into safe mode (believe me... had this happen to me way too many times.)

i don't know if BB let's you return for one dead pixel, but you can surely try. they might not have any left for your to exchange though.

That's faulty merchandise and they need to fix it since it is within a few hours. I would take that back and have them order you another one (if they don't have it in stock). Make sure you also get it at the sale price and all that.

Guest ZeroGravity107
i wish i had seen that before buying. i would have bought the westinghouse from target. oh well. im going to call best buy tomorrow.

i wish i had seen that before buying. i would have bought the westinghouse from target. oh well. im going to call best buy tomorrow.

They might still have some at Target. Their sale is for 2 days. When I was there no one was really interested in them and they had a bunch. I was the only one while I was there who bought one. See if you can get one and just return the BB one as defective for a refund.

They might still have some at Target. Their sale is for 2 days. When I was there no one was really interested in them and they had a bunch. I was the only one while I was there who bought one. See if you can get one and just return the BB one as defective for a refund.

I doubt they'll consider one dead pixel 'defective' however it is worth a try.

I doubt they'll consider one dead pixel 'defective' however it is worth a try.

All he would have to say is he didn't like the picture and changed his mind. It's not like it was 3 months after purchase. They will resell it as an open box item. And there is nothing really dishonest about doing it that way either. One stuck/dead pixel would make me not like the picture quality.

Guest ZeroGravity107

Actually, what you are describing is a "stuck pixel":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defective_pixel

If it were a dead pixel, it wouldn't light up at all. Most monitor companies allow up to 6 of them before they consider the monitor to be defective.

Good call, I've never heard of that. It's a stuck red sub pixel. I'll be calling both Best Buy and Target today.

Guest ZeroGravity107
No problems at all. Somebody else had returned theirs as well but it was because they thought it was a TV. So I was able to walk out with a brand new one. Just set it up, looks good!