All Lanes Open

daworths8

Anyone seen the commercial that ALL lanes are suppose to be open? LMAO Ill have to see this to believe it. Our Super Wal-Mart only ever has 2-3 open on each side, and 5 self checkout lines. Last year was crazy only had a handfull open and lines out the ying yang.

Hope its true so I can get the heck outta dodge when Im done.

Guest Mom1979
I don't know if ours will or not I didn't do BF last year & 2 years ago was my first. I hope they're all open..would make it convenient.

I was actually surprised today when I went to the local Wm and a cashier was just standing around with nothing to do....she walked me to her register. No waiting in line and even emptied the stuff from my cart for me. I was completely stunned. That absolutely never happens...I just happened to go in to pick up some medicine and ended up buying a Jacket for my Grandmother...I am keeping my fingers crossed that this keeps up for BF.

Guest CS.Dean
The stores we go into never have all lanes open. I have talked to several employees about if they are working are telling me no they are not. I dont see how they will have all lanes open. Wal Mart as a whole has cut down on labor by a ton over the past year to cut 'cost"

my local wal-mart supercenter brings the bf merchandise out to the floor around 4:30 and keeps an associate by it until 5 then they remove the black wrapping from the merchandise.

As for the sale price it depends on the merchandise some of the items wont scan at the bf sale price until 5 am and home office has put it in the registers.

There are some items at walmart that are already on sale for the BF price. I was able to get the gobble and go hippo today after the EXTREMELY helpful salespeople looked it up to be sure it was there and saleable and then went out to the trailer and actually dug through everything to find me one! I know a lot of people have a lot of gripes about walmart, but as a former employee and a longtime customer, I really don't have anything bad to say. They have never been anything but polite and helpful to me. Seems to me that the easiest way to avoid their "bad service" if you don't like them is to just not shop there....yet how many of you will be there BF morning anyway?

HAHAHAHAHA!!

I never thought those little lights over the registers worked in Wal-Mart. At least, I have rarely seen one on in my past visits.

I may just cruise the aftermath on BF and see how many lines are open then. It'll probably look like a ghost town.:tongue1:

All I Can Say Is Good Luck.. Youd Thinkk The Night Before Thanksgiving Theyd Expect People To Be Shopping Gettin Groceries And All.. Well On 3rd Shift We Had One Yes One Cashier...and I Know Ya'll Think Everyone I Na Blue Shirt Should Be Able To Jus Jump On One But If Youre Not In The System As A Cashier You Dont Have Log On Numbers.. Trust Me It Irratates Us As Much As It Does You If Not More..we're The Ones Getting Yelled At Because Managment Screws Up.. Happy Shoppin Ya'll. Ill Be Anywhere But There...

Ours were all open this morning, my son and I ran up so he could get the HP printer for college. I picked up some jeans for DH for work. But I know yesterday when I got on line they said Rustler were a secret sale item for $5.00 as I sat right there and read it to my DH but this morning they rang up $7.50 and I came home to check the site and it said $7.50, I know they changed that price. Grrr! But $7.50 is still a good price and they are only for work so if DH is OK with it, I am too. But still......

............ WHY CANT THEY DO THAT ALL YEAR

Exactly!! That drives me crazy that they have 32 lines and only 10 open. I guess this campaign only proves that Walmart is aware of the problem and won't do anything about it b/c we are still shopping there. So many times I've felt that I just wanted to leae my full buggy in the line and leave.

BTW I didn't go to Walmart yesterday -- they had nothing I wanted.