*** Official *CIRCUIT CITY* What Time To Get In Line Thread ***

DramaQueenLucy

I live near Columbus, GA. Its a good size metro area so with that in mind I was in line last yr. at 3:30 am and there must have been 150 people in line. This year I am planning on getting there around 12 midnight and camping out so I can score the 50in. dlp tv!

Has anyone in the Los Angeles Area figured out the best CC to stake out? I have it narrowed down to Culver City, Santa Monica, La Cienega (Beverly Hills) or Van Nuys.

Do they all handle their line control similarly? Do they all have the same number of ticket items? Is there one store that may have less of a crowd? (Yeah, right - they will all be crowded I'm sure):eyepoppin:cheesy::eyepoppin

This is my first time doing the BF thing, trying to nab a laptop for my 17 yr old son.

Any advice is appreciated.

Has anyone in the Los Angeles Area figured out the best CC to stake out? I have it narrowed down to Culver City, Santa Monica, La Cienega (Beverly Hills) or Van Nuys.

Do they all handle their line control similarly? Do they all have the same number of ticket items? Is there one store that may have less of a crowd? (Yeah, right - they will all be crowded I'm sure):eyepoppin:cheesy::eyepoppin

This is my first time doing the BF thing, trying to nab a laptop for my 17 yr old son.

Any advice is appreciated.

the one on la cienega is NOT in beverly hills. it is SOUTH of pico i believe, and everything nice about beverly hills definitely is above pico. plus if it REALLY was in beverly hills, they'd kick you off of the sidewalks, because there is a no camping out rule in beverly hills. believe me - we know people who have tried to line up in front of niketown over night for jordans and the police told them to move.

culver city, you might be running into the office depot line, but at least the OD line won't start as early.

santa monica, you'll be on the street with the bums. there are some freaky ones in front of that one.

i've never been to the one in van nuys so i have no idea how their store is situated.

i think they will all have a crowd though. if you want that laptop, you'll probably have to give up a good portion of your thursday to wait in line. drag the 17 year old with you. no, they won't have the same number of items. however the santa monica one is larger than the culver city one (and nicer and newer to boot.) problema number 2 with santa monica - you should get someone to drop you off. you're going to have a hard time parking because of the mandatory street sweepings every night i think? and the parking garage closes? unless you can park at an open air lot all night and you just pay the parking fees/overnight fees.

I think it depends on the deals they have from year-to-year, so I don't know if you can really compare the lines from previous years. Last year we were in line at BB, and CC is in the same shopping area a few stores down. The BB line was over 100 people by 9 or 10 PM, and the CC line was probably just starting at that time. In my opinion CC has better deals this year, so I would expect the CC line to start earlier this year. Our plan is to do both stores this year, so we will get there by late afternoon on Thursday.

Personally, if you think you can nab those things online instead of standing in line,

I'd do it. We went at 10pm the night before and was about 7/8th in line.

But the bad part was standing in line for literally hours while they're computers kept

freezing up. It was a disaster. I think i'm going to avoid CC this year.

the one on la cienega is NOT in beverly hills. it is SOUTH of pico i believe, and everything nice about beverly hills definitely is above pico. plus if it REALLY was in beverly hills, they'd kick you off of the sidewalks, because there is a no camping out rule in beverly hills. believe me - we know people who have tried to line up in front of niketown over night for jordans and the police told them to move.

culver city, you might be running into the office depot line, but at least the OD line won't start as early.

santa monica, you'll be on the street with the bums. there are some freaky ones in front of that one.

i've never been to the one in van nuys so i have no idea how their store is situated.

i think they will all have a crowd though. if you want that laptop, you'll probably have to give up a good portion of your thursday to wait in line. drag the 17 year old with you. no, they won't have the same number of items. however the santa monica one is larger than the culver city one (and nicer and newer to boot.) problema number 2 with santa monica - you should get someone to drop you off. you're going to have a hard time parking because of the mandatory street sweepings every night i think? and the parking garage closes? unless you can park at an open air lot all night and you just pay the parking fees/overnight fees.

Good info, much appreciated. I have only actually been to the store in Culver City... I think I need to check out Santa Monica this week just to scope it out. It sounds like that may be the way to go since it is larger and may be more of a pain for most people to get to. I can't get out there until about 10pm because of family commitments and the boy will be out of town so I can't send him to hold our spot. I want the $549.99 2g hp. I think the $299.99 compaq and $399.99 toshiba will go first, so I may have that on my side.

Thanks for the heads up!

I'm new to Black Friday... was thinking of trying for the 42" Sharp LCD. I would be going to the Circuit City in Foxboro, MA (sorry, the forum disallowed my use of the url). This store literally just opened a couple of weeks ago and while it's right on Route 1 and right next to Gillette Stadium, I suspect not many people even know about it yet. Any advice on what time to get there?

hi, i live in nyc, what time should i go on line in circuit city to get the 299 laptop?

I used to live in NYC -- Queens. Last year, I got in the BB line at 6pm Turkey day for the laptop and the CC was next door. CC had a longer line than BB, despite the rain. (BB had about 6 people, CC had about 10-15) Thus, my advice -- get in line early Turkey Day. By at least 4 pm.

I'm trying to get the 46'' Aquos TV.

I live in Dallas, TX and I'm thinking about going to the North Garland store. This will be my first BF, so I have no clue what time would be safe to show up and get the TV.

Any suggestions?

We are going for the same thing and live in Denver. We were going to go at 10pm, but now I think it will be more like 9 or 8. It is going to be 20 and snowing here though, so Dallas might have a lot longer lines than Denver. This thread might give you a better idea for Dallas: http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?t=80347

Good Luck!:cheesy:

Does anyone know if I buy some of the doorbuster items (all under $10, wii accessories, sd cards and cd's) earlier in the week (say Tues or Wed), if I come back during doorbuster hours, would they refund the difference if I show my receipt? I just can;t get there and camp out overnight and really need these few items for gifts. thanks

I was wondering the same thing. This is from their Q&A section on their web site:

"Q: Will Circuit City match its own prices?

A: Yes, if you purchase an item from us (in-store or on circuitcity.com) and we advertise the same item at a lower price within thirty days of your purchase, we will refund you 100% of the price difference. Bring the advertisement and your original sales receipt to your local Circuit City for the refund."

I would think that they would have to honor the price difference, but I imagine they would fight you on it. I was wondering if anyone has everyone done that before.

if they're like best buy, CC will not have the customer service desk open for refunds and price adjustments during the doorbuster hours. if it's a non doorbuster item, you may be able to do it.

further, they might have already pulled the items off of the shelves to keep you from trying to PM on BF.

i live somewhat close to the van nuys CC and i think it's safe to say that many people skip turkey dinner altogether and line up early for the laptops and hdtv's. if you think 5pm is too early... maybe do a drive by before dinner and just scope out the crowds!

in LA, lining up at midnight is just too late for doorbusters.... :gdparanoid:

yeah, midnight is too late. I'm going to go at around 8:00 PM. I know last year, my friends went to best buys at 8:00pm and they got a great spot. i just hope Circuit City is the same. Last year, I went to CC and got there at 12:00am which made us thirtieth in line.....