How much shopping can you get done online? merged

jmickme

I do not look forward to going out in the morning and was wondering how much of the Black Friday stuff can be purchased online and when does it become available. It's pretty cold here in Boston at 5:00 in the morning. BRRRRRRRR!

Yeah,but it's fun!!!!:yup:

Jmickme-

I rarely go out on BF. I have found that you can get just as great of deals on line. Another benefit to online shopping is that there are sometimes coupons codes posted for stores and the stuff is delivered right to your door. AND you don't have to stand in line, be cold, or pay for gas to get there. I am a huge bargain shopper, but I just cannot understand foregoing Thanksgiving to stand in line at a store that doesn't even open for hours and hours. I love a good bargain but my time is also valuable.

That's not *my* idea of fun.

Last year, largely thanks to GottaDeal, I never stepped into a store and I saved a ton.

On BF, I had a fire going in the fireplace and we were having bloody marys while watching a movie.

THAT is my idea of fun.

I usually do both. Most of the online shopping was done before 5am. Actually, many deals are available online even on Thanksgiving day. Nevertheless, there are some early bird items only available B&M. Not to mention it is a lot easier to do price matching in store with competitors' ads in your hand.

Anyone know which stores you can make your BF purchases online at midnight Thanksgiving night?? We did this for Best Buy last year and although it was jammed pack and slowed the computer down and we had to pay shipping, we were able to get some of the BF ads w/o standing in line...

Jmickme-

I rarely go out on BF. I have found that you can get just as great of deals on line. Another benefit to online shopping is that there are sometimes coupons codes posted for stores and the stuff is delivered right to your door. AND you don't have to stand in line, be cold, or pay for gas to get there. I am a huge bargain shopper, but I just cannot understand foregoing Thanksgiving to stand in line at a store that doesn't even open for hours and hours. I love a good bargain but my time is also valuable.

I feel the same way...I will probably go to target like 30 minutes b4 the store opens...as of late I have been getting really impatient with crowds and long lines too....I went to the mall 2 weeks ago and the lines in most stores even for a fitting room was :eyepoppin

I used to have fun before it turned out to be such a horrible thing as it is now. If people wouldn't camp out or stores would have a strict rule that you can't hang out in front of their store so long, it might be better again. They should make it so that you can't line up any sooner than 2:00am. Those willing to stay for days on end make it so normal people don't want to get out.

Because of that, I tend to try and buy what stores put up online. If they have the deals online that they do in store that morning, I'll buy everything I can. If their server doesn't give out, I come out of it with everything I want and just go out to the stores after they open for the fun of watching the people act like fools. "Oh no, Christmas is almost here and it's not like I had all year to think about it". Yeah I hope the few items I wouldn't mind getting will be able to be bought online.

I've gotten up early on Thanksgiving morning and bought SD cards and some other stuff I have wanted online at Circuit City. Last year they were out of a couple of items already by 6am CST where as 2 years ago I had no problem getting what I wanted. I guess more people are shopping online.

im personally can not shop online.... i have this fetish that when i spend money for merchandise i have to have it in my hand at the time. the only spending i do online is for paying bills

Same here! I prefer going out shopping than doing it all online. I guess its because this is the only time I go shopping or spend money (As a college student I never have money). Also I just love BF shopping - online BF shopping would just take all the fun out of waking up early, standing in line and meeting others around us, and the thrill I get when I find the stuff I want.

Anyone know which stores you can make your BF purchases online at midnight Thanksgiving night?? We did this for Best Buy last year and although it was jammed pack and slowed the computer down and we had to pay shipping, we were able to get some of the BF ads w/o standing in line...

Did you just go to the Best Buy site last year and place your order? Because I live in WV and we do not have a Best Buy here bummer. But I saw some things and wasn't sure if I could get them off the site for BF price.