Official Non-Woot "Deal-a-Day" Sites Deal & Discussion Thread

Brad

thingfling.com has a $24.99 mystery box

1. A brand new Altec Lansing 121WW 3 piece speaker system; and

2. A brand new Philips SWV643D/17 12ft Ultra Grade (Wow!) HDMI Cable.

These are the guarantees. The other items may be similar, the same or different from the last Mystery Box. All for the low, low price of $24.99. If you missed out the first time, shame on us. If you miss out this time, well, shame on you!

Sorry, upon the nature of this order, we don't accept any returns or replacements.

• 4 weeks later...

http://sellout.woot.com (access through Yahoo shopping if needbe) has the Kingston 8gb usb 2.0 data traveler 100 flash drive for 17.99 + 5.00 shipping. My son stole the one I got from Woot for 19.99. I ordered 2 this time!

I would buy this but I don't like the ones that have the USB plug-in that you can retract because I've seen them break and then you can't get your stuf.

http://enstxzrnsprxt.6hops.net/Sony_Vaio_2GHz_15.4_inch_LCD_Laptop_with_Blu-Ray_uv2Standard.jpg

Sony Vaio Core 2 Duo 15.4" Notebook w/ Blu-Ray & HDMI

$949.99 + $5 shipping

condition:

Refurbished

product:

1 Sony VGN-FZ260E/B 2GB DDR2 250gb Blu-Ray w/ HDMI DVD±RW DL 15.4” LCD

http://enstxzrnsprxt.6hops.net/Sharper_Image_Rainproof_Grill_Fork_Thermometer_with_Rapid-Read_Tipii7Standard.jpg

Sharper Image Grill/Fork Thermometer with Rapid-Read Tip

$14.99

+ $5 shipping

Condition: New

Product: 1 Sharper Image MI229 Rainproof Grill/Fork Thermometer with Rapid-Read Tip

http://enstxzrnsprxt.6hops.net/Rolling_Stone_Magazine_Cover_to_Cover___The_First_40_YearsvexStandard.jpg

Rolling Stone Magazine Cover to Cover – The First 40 Years Digital Archive

$32.99 + $5 shipping

condition:

New

product:

1 Rolling Stone Magazine Cover to Cover – The First 40 Years

• 2 weeks later...

Credit goes to mhartel1 for find this deal on Woot and bringing it to my attention in another thread. Thank you!

Philips SRU4105 Icon 5 Device Universal Remote

Now $4.99 & $5.00 shipping

Can you even buy a generic remote (universal or not) for under $10 at a B&M? But this IS Universal, and imo, is pretty good deal. Ya, I know there are better ones out there, but alas they also come with higher price tags, much higher. So for a cheap universal, imo, this is a Great deal!

http://enstxzrnsprxt.6hops.net/Philips_Icon_5_Device_Universal_RemoterldStandard.jpg

Some more info I am finding as I hunt:

Find Device Codes for your electronics you want this remote to control: HERE (fwiw, SRU 1405)

Basically you can use this tool today to make sure it will control all the items you have, and either write down the codes now, so you are ready when it arrives, or book mark the site. :)

Owner's manual for this Remote; HERE

Don't ask me for more info on this fact I found. But I saw online that it is a 'learning remote', so if you can't find your code to the electronic device you would like the Philips to control, than take the old remote and point it at the Philips and it will somehow learn it. Sounds interesting, wonder if it reads the other devices mind? lol

• 3 weeks later...

Could you please explain to me what a Woot off is please? I'm new to Woot--my first order yesterday! And I have no idea what a Woot off is

From the FAQ on Woot.com:

I see some orange flashing lights on the main page – what do they mean?

No, you aren't seeing a side effect from your allergy medication. You have found a Woot-Off, a short term frenzied mutation of our product posting procedure. In Woot-Off mode, a new product is launched immediately after the sellout of the previous deal. There is a half-Woot-life of 12 hours maximum on any product within a Woot-Off that does not sell out. The number of Woot-Off items, sequence, and quantity will not be announced. When Woot-Off mode is over, the orange lights will disappear and our normal schedule will resume. Depending on its success, this may be a mode we would go into once or twice a month for a relatively short duration of time (24-72 hours generally.)

right now, for limited time on Woot off

Midway 12 Game Stand-Up Arcade System

$199.99 + $5 shipping

http://enstxzrnsprxt.6hops.net/Midway_12_Game_Stand-Up_Arcade_System2m9Standard.jpg

Man I would have loved one of those!! One day.....one day......lol! :cheesy:

Looks like WOOT is broken!! Or is it just my internet? :confused:

Oh...never mind...WOOT was broken:

Yikes, there's been a server error. Sorry about that.

Something on our side of things went wrong. The site could be overloaded, or you may have tried something we didn't test.

Your best bet is to try again. If you get this error page consistently, we'd love it if you'd write us, telling us exactly what you did to get the error. With any luck, we'll fix the problem, and it'll work the next time you try.

Click here to return to the home page

Looks like WOOT is broken!! Or is it just my internet? :confused:

NM:

Yikes, there's been a server error. Sorry about that.

Something on our side of things went wrong. The site could be overloaded, or you may have tried something we didn't test.

Your best bet is to try again. If you get this error page consistently, we'd love it if you'd write us, telling us exactly what you did to get the error. With any luck, we'll fix the problem, and it'll work the next time you try.

Click here to return to the home page

It's working fine for me. Though slow at times.