Give kids Christmas presents from Mom and Dad??

shoppingal

You better believe that mom and dad give presents, I want some credit for the hard work I do!!! We usually give the clothes, and less desired items off their lists depending on the year. Grandmoms sometimes do the outfits and leave us the undies, socks, etc. to give.:)

Our kids get gift from both, we pretty much just randomly pick some out from us and then the rest are from santa. All of the gifts get wrapped....Santa's in one pattern of paper and ours in another pattern. I love wrapping everything so the kids cant see anything at all when they come downstairs in the morning.

At our house Santa fills the stockings and each child recieves one moderately priced but much wanted gift from Santa all the rest including all high dollar items come from Mom and Dad.

Not so much that we want the credit but wanted to make sure that if we ever had a rough year financially that the kids weren't thinking that maybe they weren't good enough or whatever to not get the "BIG expensive" gift from Santa that year.

BTW~Santa gifts aren't wrapped here.

Here everything is from Santa and they each get a pair of special Christmas nightgowns from Mom and Dad that they get to open on Christmas Eve. I dont want nor need the credit of the good stuff coming from us, to me, its all about the magic they get believing in Santa. All Santa gifts are wrapped in their own Santa paper...

We do Santa, with a few little things from us. My parents did both, they gave us like an ornanment and some clothes, but all the fun stuff was from Santa. My dh grew up rather poor, but his mom took an extra job every holiday season and got what he really watned form Santa. He said he always got a hat and glove set from his parents, and that really made Santa seem real, since his parents gift was in context of what they could usually afford.

My kids are allowed to ask for up to 3 things from Santa. they may get 1,2 or even all 3. Everything else really is from us. Unless there is something they haven't thought to ask for(like 4 wheelers this year) that will be super fun, and that is always from Santa. I think this might be my last year for the magic, my little one is 9.

We do both. Kids are all old enough that they know it's all from us anyway, but everyone gets a stocking (including the dogs) and everyone gets a santa present, which is usually a big $$$ item that they really wanted. The kids are allowed to go through their stockings when they get up (lets mom and dad sleep a little longer ;) ) The rest is from mom and dad, siblings, or the dogs. They don't really read the tags (except DD). I'll put their nicknames on the tags too or things like "To the little man from the big man", just to mix it up a little (it gets boring filling them all out, I need some entertainment!)

Our kids only get one present from santa. It is usually something big- a bike, video game system, etc. It is unwrapped, setting out for Christmas morning. The rest of the presents are from us. This is the way my parents did it when I was little. I think it is interesting to read everyone's traditions.

We do all everything from Santa but the PJ's, Robe and slippers, those we let them open on Christmas eve and they come from us. We dont care much about taking the credit for any thing because they stay innocent for just a while and then someone is going to spill the beans about Santa. So we are living it up right now and letting them think Santa does it all. ONLY IF THEY ARE GOOD!:holiday01

My girls are 5 and my youngest will be 2 by Christmas. We do all presents from Santa and then last year I started doing a book and craft basket for my older daughter from mom and dad. They do get matching PJs on Christmas Eve as well from us. EVERYTHING at my house is wrapped unless it is something that would take a long time to put together, like a dollhouse with all the accessories, a play kitchen, those things. This year the only presents that will not be wrapped will be bean bag chairs and those big cardboard brick looking blocks.

Most of the presents here are from Santa, but a few are from Mom and Dad. Usually I find something that is really cool that that wasn't asked for and make that from us. The kids also buy each other one gift...my oldest ds picks out the gift for his little brother, and I just stick little brother's name on one thing for big brother.

Santa also mails the kids' pj's to wear on Christmas Eve night/Christmas morning. I mail 2 empty decorated envelopes to the house and then fill them with the pj's when they get here. My dh always brings them in on Christmas Eve when he gets home from work...I put them outside the door before he gets home.