<<<Official Best Buy Pricematching Thread>>> - merged

kyzen

Is this doable? In line last year the guy next to me said that he had already bought the TVs he wanted at full price, and was just there with his receipts to get the items price matched. I didn't see him again, so I don't know whether or not this worked.

Does this really work? Obviously they won't have certain sale items (e.g. the cheap computers) even available to customers before the sales, but other items like TVs, Cameras, etc should be available, right? So do they price match on BF or would that be a waste of my time to try?

I heard varying stories last year. Some people were able to do it. You have to read the tiny print on the BF ad, I believe that last year BB had a note on it that said "PM policy not valid on doorbusters". But I could be wrong - my children remind me of that everyday.

There was something like that. And didn't they close the customer service desk until noon, so there's no way you could get door-buster items pricematched anyway before the price went back up. However, some of the good deals (like the 22" monitor for $200) were for the whole weekend, so you could buy that ahead of time and then come back Friday night or Sat. for a price match. I did. ;)

There was something like that. And didn't they close the customer service desk until noon, so there's no way you could get door-buster items pricematched anyway before the price went back up. However, some of the good deals (like the 22" monitor for $200) were for the whole weekend, so you could buy that ahead of time and then come back Friday night or Sat. for a price match. I did. ;)

Exactly right, and I did the same thing with the same item.

Just be sure to ask about the return policy. Computers were 14 days, not 30 like the rest of the store. So, I went 14 days before, instead of the day the ad went up which I ALMOST did until I contacted their customer service line.

This worked since it was a 3 day sale item, not a door-buster.

Just received this email from Best Buy, I dont know if this is old or new news so passing it on- cut and pasted from the email.

Price Guarantee: Two more great reasons to buy with confidence at Best Buy. If you’re about to make a purchase and discover a lower advertised price offered by a local retail competitor on the same available brand and model, let us know and we’ll match that price on the spot. Already bought? We’ll refund you the price difference from our own sale price, or 110% of the difference from our competitor’s sale price, up to 30 days after your purchase (14 days on select categories, 60 days for HDTVs purchased from 6/3/07 through 2/2/08). Either way, simply bring in proof of price while that lower price is in effect. The Price Guarantee does not apply to our or our competitor’s free offers, limited-quantity items, open-box items, clearance items, mail-in offers, financing or bundle offers. For other exclusions and full details, visit BestBuy.com® or the Customer Service counter for our Price Guarantee Customer FAQ Brochure.

In a typical Best Buy on Black Friday, the customer service desk is open, but is servicing only purchasers of ticketed items....not open for customer exchanges or price matches.

And the door buster items.....usually are never found on the shelves prior to BF and won't be found on the shelves after the blitz hours on BF. The UPC codes are different than what's normally stocked, so any prior purchasing and price matching, if that were even possible, would be difficult at best.

Take the Westy 32" HD LCD TV last year. While BB carried a Westy 32" LCD TV, the door buster TV was a different item number than their normally stocked item.....rendering it completely useless to buy early as it wasn't stocked before or after BF.

The 22" LCD monitor, on the other hand, was a normally stocked item.....and was NOT a doorbuster item, but instead carried a specially discounted sale price for the two-day BF weekend....Fri. and Sat. So this could be purchased and price matched after the 6-hour blitz sale was over as the monitor carried the low price for two days.

The same could be done with a lot of the items......but those items listed on the front cover, the doorbusters like the laptops, etc., were unique to that sale, were never stocked before the sale, never stocked after the sale, and were not subject to price matching.

I was just there yesterday and asked about this (not as a BF issue, but in general).

I saw a camera online at a different store for less than at the store at BB. They said they would price match IF it was the same item, and IF the item was available at the physical store. It didn't have to be the one NEXT to BB, for example -- just in the city where someone would have the reasonable expectation of going to go get it.

Just my 2 cents i guess :)

I was just there yesterday and asked about this (not as a BF issue, but in general).

I saw a camera online at a different store for less than at the store at BB. They said they would price match IF it was the same item, and IF the item was available at the physical store. It didn't have to be the one NEXT to BB, for example -- just in the city where someone would have the reasonable expectation of going to go get it.

Just my 2 cents i guess :)

that's pretty much what most stores do. i used to work customer service at circuit city, and apparently we had some deal if you price matched to best buy, you could have scored a hard drive pretty cheap after a rebate.

well we knew all the best buys in the area were out of stock, but one guy was desperate and was using the terminal in the store to check the stock of local best buys.

"is 40 miles local enough?"

"no."

price match denied.

ok so best buy has the A3 HD DVD player for about $200 on BF. Sears has the same one advertised a good chuck cheaper. Will BB price match that if I have the ad in hand? Sears is in the same mall as them so distance isn't an issue. Were getting a huge HDTV and they have that deal $300 off you sign up for direct TV and $100 off the TV if you get a HD DVD player. That would make the DVD player even sweeter. Also will they match some of the prices for games like from CC on BF itself? Thanks

Getting back to the price match on non door-buster items, can someone else agree that Best Buy will match their BF ad as long as you bring it back within the two day BF window, and as long as you're within the return policy period? This is an important one for me and I'm looking to get a few more positive confirmations that this will work. Getting door-buster items that morning is most important, and I don't know that I'd have a chance to get the other items unless I got them before BF.

I want the BB Mitzubishi 65" DLP Tv. If I buy it early, will they adjust it on

BF for the doorbuster BF price? I know I stand NO chance at BB on BF. THe

lines just start toooooooo early. Or....Circuit city has the same tv. Will they price

match to BB price if I buy it before BF?