Does anyone go to work AFTER BF early am hours?

floridasun5

I will not this BF, but my mom does. She will go out shopping with me in the very early hours and then drive 3-1/2 hours home and to work. She has to work at 3 pm. This is our one day of the year that it is just us. She is a manager of a large retail, so she can't have the whole day off. At least this way, we still get our time together and shop too.

I'm off this year for BF, but in the past when I have had to work, I have gone shopping first and then gone to work. In fact, one year a co-worker and I went together before work and we had filled my car up almost completely, there were bags in the front floor board that morning because the trunk and back seat were already full.....that was probably one of my favorite Black Fridays ever and I actually had to work that day...:)

I used to work as a cashier at Target, but I think that was before the BF got to be so crazy. I remember it being really early and super crazy busy. I remember thinking What are those crazy people doing pressing their faces to the windows? It's like 5 degrees out there and we don't open for an hour!

I tried shopping on my lunch but the lines were too long. My brother worked in electronics and he has some better stories. Plus he was always able to get whatever deals he wanted and hide them in the back. I recall thinking back then that the day after thanksgiving was so much better than the day after Christmas (YIKES!! Now THERE is some craziness!) My (now) husband worked undercover security there. I'll have to ask him if he remembers anything from those days. He probably took that day off....

Last year I had to work for the first time in a few years. I camped out at BB and got the laptop and a few other items. Then made it to OM and CC and was only 15 minutes late to work at 8:45am. This year I have off. Next year - I can only hope. Yesterday we were able to submit our first requests at work for vacation days next year and BF was the first day I put down - the rest of my vacation time is flexible. I'll find out next week if I got it or not. It's never too early to start planning for next year!

We have bowling on BF night. So I usually get done shopping about noon then I wrap then I spend alone time with Hubby (kids are at Grandma's house) and then we go to bowling and I usually bowl really good. Usually I suck 120 average, but it's funtime to spend with Hubby. It's my favorite day of the year.

Yes,

I use to go to work that day, but it was by choice. They was paying me double time. I would usually work atleast 10 hours and get paid for 20 to make up for some of the money i just spent.

Now my company is closed thanksgiving day and the following day and I do not have to work. But if I had to I would do it.:tongue1: