Does anyone go to work AFTER BF early am hours?

floridasun5

Usually I go to work after, I have always loved the challenge of seeing how many stores I can hit and still get to work at a reasonable time and my co-workers love hearing my BF stories.

This year I took the day off bc last year I got caught in the 4 hour hell that was Circuit City's cash out lines. Their systems got completely bogged down and it was taking 5-10 minutes to check out each customer. This year I will be calling them to make sure that this is not going to happen again and if I cannot get reassurance then I will be avoiding that store like the plague!!

Now I take BF off, but I have gone to work in the past. I worked at a bank and had to be there for 8:30. I went shopping dressed in my work clothes and made it to just the basics - TRU, Macy's, Kohl's and Sears. I was afraid I wouldn't have time for the big electronics stores, so I skipped those all together. Work wasn't so bad that day. Shopping recharges me so I actually felt pretty good. I slept well that night though!

This is the first year I'll have to work (been a stay at home mom). It should be interesting to see what happens. I know I won't be lucky enough to get the day off - Fridays are one of our busiest days. I'll have to be at work around 7 AM, so hopefully I can get a couple good deals before going to work, if not then my husband and mom better be ready to shop for me! lol

I used to have to be at work at 8am on Black Friday. That was rough, because I typically worked 8am-6pm that day, after being up all night to try to score a few deals before work. I usually just kept a fresh coffee by my side and pushed through it.

I'm glad to have a job with hours that are now flexible to however I want them to go. :)

I am self employeed and so I close for the day:) , I do daycare from my home. I decided that I would just state it in my contract so I never forget to tell them I am off for the day ;) ( with pay ).

even if I don't go one year for some insane reason its nice to have off for the day!

you know you love to shop when you state in a contract your off to shop on BF!:g_dance:

I actually get to work BEFORE Black Friday hours start, but at least I will already be out when the line sstart forming. And hey if your paper is late, just live with it, I don't see you out working 7 days a week with no weekends or holidays off and no snow days even if the roads are closed. :P

I think I will have to work this year. It's not that big of a deal to me. Yes, I would like the day off. But if I have to come in it will be at lunch time. So no big deal. Last year I took off, but I will just have to wait and see how busy we are going to be this year. We are usually very slow. I hope that is the case again this year!!!!

Do you really want to know what I USED to do?

I would get up, go to Wal-Mart, Kmart, Walgreens, etc from 5-6 AM, be at my part-time job at 6:00 AM to get ready for the opening at 8:00 AM, work until Noon, then drive back to my high school and keep the scorebook at 6 basketball games until about 11:00 PM that night.

Yes, I was insane......

I am so upset this year I do have to work 9-5 on BF. And BF is a tradition with every woman in my family we all split up and get what we need but this year I am not sure how I am going to work it. I hope I can handle shopping from 5-8:30 and then heading straight to work for 8 hours. I think I might pass out in the afternoon. For some reason my boss is giving me no help. Not even a 2 hour extention so that I wouldnt have to come in until 11 because we are ALWAYS done by 1030. I am seriously contemplating calling off. Thats how much BF means to me, LOL

It is a work day on BF here at my job, but I asked for it off. This is my fifth year here, so I have a bit more seniority than the new girls. They can stay while I'm out shopping.

The years I did work, I would do BF in the am and came into work an hour late (10am). I loved showing off my purchases to my co-workers, plus I would do all my rebates too!

I normally work and my leftover adrenalin from the AM excitement keeps me going - it's a RUSH! I won't have to worry about working this year though, 2 days ago I broke my foot - won't have to work but I'm wondering how crutches will work on BF!? I might have to use them as weapons!:tongue1:

i work as a backup at the post office and my regular loves me so much she works BF so i can get the day off. it really has to suck for her, having thurs off, working fri, and then off sat and sun but she does it every year for me with no complaints. i love that woman! i do make sure that they know that i am available to work after shopping and have gone in to carry for a few hours in the past.

I just transferred to a new store.... I am an Assistant Produce Manager for a local grocery chain. The very first day, I went to the manager's calendar and wrote my name "Off" on Black Friday. She kinda snickered at me, but I told her... I don't ask for many days off... but that day is my "STANDING REQUEST" every year. It is pretty much the only day I do my Christmas shopping... so I NEED it off... no if ands or buts.

Guest Mom1979
2 years ago I had a job where I had to work on BF, I went & hit the sales early, I had to be at work at 10am at the earliest, and then went into work. I didn't have any problems, owner ran the business into the ground so it was a very slow day for me.

This is going to be my first bf that I have to go into work after shopping. I wonder if I'm gonna stay awake. I already warned them I was going to be tired. I gotta be in at 10:30 am. Somehow I don't see that happening. I did request that day off early last month. No go.. too busy and they don't allow any requested days off till after Christmas. Only one thing that's nice, we get paid to stay home on Thanksgiving. I shoulda paid the lady in charge of all schedules to give me it off anyway. ;)